The Ultimate England Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
On a different note but it still concerns England, well the FA, or whoever...probably the FA, they are ****ing useless afterall.

The state of the pitch in the England vs Croatia game. Alot of money was spent on the stadium, probably alot was spent on the pitch, they plan events, concerts, American football events, to recoup some money spent on the stadium. The stadium, expensive, has only a roof that covers various parts of where supporters sit....from what i understand, it doesn't cover the pitch, not like The Millenium Stadium in Cardiff. Probably some cost-cutting measure employed by those in the FA. I guess having to pay Sven off handsomely (add to that, now McClaren) lessened their financial muscle :rolleyes:

when it comes to one of the most important England matches in recent memory, what the players have (both sides, admittedly) at their disposal is a ****-hole of a pitch. This is a disgrace and if i was a player playing on this crap, i'd have been fuming. I know Billic voiced his disappointment at the state of the pitch. I'm fuming just thinking about the incompetence, the lack of forward thinking, hell, the lack of rightful prioritization. Football surely comes first at this stadium, any American football exhibition match (ok, it was an actual league game) comes, at best, second, whenever a pecking order does exist. They deserve better treatment (players), fans deserve better treatment, the opposition deserve better treatment.

Lastly, does Brian Barwick have whiskers?
made_of_fail
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
it simply isn't true that we are better than the croatians in every position. they didn't beat us by playing a dogged defensive game - or any other tactic used to maximise limited talent; they beat us with flowing, attractive football.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Capello's dream is to manage England (July 2006)
Hubert Poo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by white_haired_wizard)
On a different note but it still concerns England, well the FA, or whoever...probably the FA, they are ****ing useless afterall.

The state of the pitch in the England vs Croatia game. Alot of money was spent on the stadium, probably alot was spent on the pitch, they plan events, concerts, American football events, to recoup some money spent on the stadium. The stadium, expensive, has only a roof that covers various parts of where supporters sit....from what i understand, it doesn't cover the pitch, not like The Millenium Stadium in Cardiff. Probably some cost-cutting measure employed by those in the FA. I guess having to pay Sven off handsomely (add to that, now McClaren) lessened their financial muscle :rolleyes:

when it comes to one of the most important England matches in recent memory, what the players have (both sides, admittedly) at their disposal is a ****-hole of a pitch. This is a disgrace and if i was a player playing on this crap, i'd have been fuming. I know Billic voiced his disappointment at the state of the pitch. I'm fuming just thinking about the incompetence, the lack of forward thinking, hell, the lack of rightful prioritization. Football surely comes first at this stadium, any American football exhibition match (ok, it was an actual league game) comes, at best, second, whenever a pecking order does exist. They deserve better treatment (players), fans deserve better treatment, the opposition deserve better treatment.

Lastly, does Brian Barwick have whiskers?
Couldn't have said it better myself WHW.
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No-one says it better than WHW, which is why he's cherished so much on TSR :cool:
Hubert Poo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Naturally. :top2:
bigrico
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
At last a finals that wont be scarred by fat english troublemakers trying to wreck peaceful towns and cities.

And hopefully as well Ian Wright's complete lack of knowledge about anything outside of England will be shown up as well.

Come on Croatia & Ukraine, make it two in a row and do South Africa a favour as well.
johnboy91
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just as his lack of knowedge for anything in England had already been shown up?
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
McClaren must have been wondering what time the job centre was opening the next day when he was standing on the touchline with his umbrella.
Attached files
WaW™
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No one wants the job i think the likes of Brian Barwick need to step down.

Also another thing when England don't win or perform to the best of there ability then we always seem to hear that the whole structure down to the grassroots has to be changed and we need a complete overhaul...but these never work if ever they bring disharmony not competition in the team.

Change is not always the right way....yes McClaren was sacked and deserved it but if the fans had been behind him along with the players he would have stayed - The FA would have been criticised had they not sacked him for being weak.
Hubert Poo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by WaW)
Also another thing when England don't win or perform to the best of there ability then we always seem to hear that the whole structure down to the grassroots has to be changed and we need a complete overhaul...but these never work if ever they bring disharmony not competition in the team.
It's not that they don't work necessarily, it's that they don't even try. Financially it makes, sadly, much more sense to them to rely on the national mood being inconsistent enough to get away with harsh words promising improvement - and nothing more.

The work needed would take a generation and cut out a sizeable chunk of Wembley's eventual cost. Funny, the Romans had the good sense to work on training gladiators before they committed to building the Coliseum. Our wonderful F.A. are clever enough to do it the other way round. :nuts:
Hubert Poo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Okay guys - Fabio Capello!!! :party:

Can he win the World Cup for England? How will he deal with the star system?

Discuss.
dh00001
Report 11 years ago
well hopefully first thing he does from now is learn to speak english so as to fully communicate with the players personally rather than through a translator.
the only thing that concerns me is how much he seems to be putting on the premier league. ok the best players will most likely be found there but i do think there is some worthy talent in other leagues too. not to mention the knowledge of some of the staff.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Wont all players apart from Beckham come from the Premier League? I can't think of one currently who wouldn't.
dh00001
Report 11 years ago
currently yea. but dont you think others deserve a chance? it should be based on performance not who you play for right
off the top of my head Andy Gray has been putting them in in the championship as has Kevin Phillips. theres some talent down here :p:
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Not really. I think there is a gulf between Championship and Premiership. Just look at Nugent. I don't see how you can expect a player to perform against top international countries and players when they are playing the likes of colchester and norwich each week.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Hubert Poo)
Okay guys - Fabio Capello!!! :party:

Can he win the World Cup for England? How will he deal with the star system?

Discuss.
Ife he can't win the World Cup, nobody can. How will ge deal with the star system? Easy.

kpg
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by dh00001)
currently yea. but dont you think others deserve a chance? it should be based on performance not who you play for right
off the top of my head Andy Gray has been putting them in in the championship as has Kevin Phillips. theres some talent down here :p:
er, chances are if you're playing for a championship team then you're not good enough to get into the England side.

Kevin Phillips - good god.
dh00001
Report 11 years ago
everyone needs to start somewhere
johnboy91
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
If they're good enough, they'll be playing in a top league. No point looking in the Championship.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (127)
18.12%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.39%
Not great so far... (251)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise