Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conorf199)
    the longest question in the specimen was six marks on glucose regulation
    the specimen was just made up of past-paper questions

ReputationRep:
    How different is the Heniemenn(sp) book compared to the Mary Jones Cambridge one?

ReputationRep:
    Violingirl, how do you feel about the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvoluntarySlacker)
    How different is the Heniemenn(sp) book compared to the Mary Jones Cambridge one?
    No idea.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks lol well you could explain osmoregulation if you like?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks lol well you could explain osmoregulation if you like?
    WOO. A good one

Osmoregulation is the control of salt and water content in the blood.
    It is essential to ensure that the osmotic balance within cells is maintained.

The hypothalamus has osmoreceptors which are able to detect changes in water potential. These repond, by shrinking, and this stimulates neuroscretory cells, to manufacture and secrete the hormone ADH. This is in the pituitary gland. The ADH is released into the terminal bulb, and secreted into the blood once stimulated.

The ADH binds to receptors on the walls of the collecting duct. This causes water permeable channels to be inserted into the membrane. Allowing more water to be reabsorbed from the collecting duct.

In order to prevent overstimulation of the collecting duct ADH has a short half life, so breaks down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summerdays)
    Violingirl, how do you feel about the exam?
    I feel ready now. There are some minimal details i still need to look over. Like respirometer which might come up.

But I like explaining things on here.

what about u???

ReputationRep:
    Evidence for Chemeosmosis :
    1) A greater PH- gradient around one side of the electron transport chain than other.Which means that protons are actively being pumped.
    2)Membranes in mitochondia and chloroplasts produce atp when No electron tranport chain is present.
    3)Substances such as di-nitrophenol which accept protons which were supposed to be actively pumped stop ATP production.

I am assuming we are meant to learn the green pages. (like the ones on the evidence of chemiosmosis)

Also, since we are on TSR, remember to read the blue stretch and challenge boxes :P

Assuming that we all have the official bio OCR colourfull book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    I feel ready now. There are some minimal details i still need to look over. Like respirometer which might come up.

But I like explaining things on here.

what about u???
    well i am 99.00001 % confident to the fraction of speed of light.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to bed early today 9:15 pm can't afford to mess up this exam with
    lack of sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Evidence for Chemeosmosis :
    1) A greater PH- gradient around one side of the electron transport chain than other.Which means that protons are actively being pumped.
    2)Membranes in mitochondia and chloroplasts produce atp when No electron tranport chain is present.
    3)Substances such as di-nitrophenol which accept protons which were supposed to be actively pumped stop ATP production.

with this topic ...i think they will ask for short 3 mark question for each piont , if photysynthometer or respirometer comes up they wont ask a third expiremental question.

ReputationRep:
    Just checked the specimen paper grade boundaries. Raw marks 46/60 = A 41/60 = B 36/60 = C 31/60 = D 26/60 = E.

46 hmm :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Just checked the specimen paper grade boundaries. Raw marks 46/60 = A 41/60 = B 36/60 = C 31/60 = D 26/60 = E.

Seriously? lol my teacher told us it was 53/60 for an A and everyone who got below that had to come to a "special class". no joke.

ReputationRep:

i just want an A , so ive got 14 marks to play around with

ReputationRep:
    Jack Bauer time!

Good luck with the exam everyone, it's been a good day

ReputationRep:
    36/60 is 60%

60% is a C grade, not a B grade

ignore me I misread, good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Do action potentials peak at +30mv or +40mv. My book says +30mv but some other people have been saying +40mv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naarim)
    Jack Bauer time!

Good luck with the exam everyone, it's been a good day

good luck im off to watch some telly and relax too , no piont of crammin thing in this late.

ReputationRep:
    Meh i want 100% all the way xD hopefully

inshallah.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 7, 2016

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.