Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Gotta love the forum..

"I think you'll have Lions and Aces, followed by NTU, Staffs, Derby and Coventry."

brb collapsing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    Gotta love the forum..

"I think you'll have Lions and Aces, followed by NTU, Staffs, Derby and Coventry."

brb collapsing
    Love that forum, I occasionally stick some anonybants on there for the giggles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    Brady at #1 but who won the Super Bowl again?
    Awwwww yeahhhh! :five:

ReputationRep:
    Who's everyones favourite college team? I'm looking to pick but don't know who to pick. Was going to go for Dartmouth as they have the same colours as Exeter Uni. Was thinking about UCLA, Notre Dame or the Navy (with a view to going to the navy v notre dame game in dublin in 2012).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Warrior King)
    Who's everyones favourite college team? I'm looking to pick but don't know who to pick. Was going to go for Dartmouth as they have the same colours as Exeter Uni. Was thinking about UCLA, Notre Dame or the Navy (with a view to going to the navy v notre dame game in dublin in 2012).
    ECU Pirates! Simply as I love yellow and purple, and they arnt great but not the worst so a good team to play with on NCAA....plus they are the pirates!

i dont know many nfl players at all from ecu and some of my mates picked college teams based on where their favourite player attended

if your looking to pick though colours is a good way to go but also consider systems even more so than the nfl colleges stick true to a number of different systems such as; pro (nfl style), shotgun, pistol, 1 back, air raid, option etc...so you may want to pick one based on the style of their play The differences in these styles (and the team you pick) can also influence how likely it is someone from your team will be drafted high on graduation

ReputationRep:
    I like Boston College because it is in Boston, Michigan Wolverines because it's Tom Brady's college, and Florida Gators because I have been to Florida and like the gators a lot. Plus I LOVE Gatorade

ReputationRep:
    Brady at #1 but who won the Super Bowl again?

(Original post by Hedgeman49)
    :rolleyes:

As I already said, who wins the Super Bowl doesn't matter that much in terms of who is the best player. Rodgers is very good but I think most would struggle to say that he's better than Brady.

If you do want to talk Super Bowls however, I'm sure Brady would be happy to assemble his rings into a knuckle duster and "talk" with you!
    Boom.

Brady will have another ring soon. No doubt.

Rodgers was ranked too highly IMO. I love the guy, he's great, nothing against him at all. But winning the Superbowl once (as part of a team effort) does not make you top ten - fifteen overnight.

If Rodgers does it again, he is top 10. Atm, I would say around 20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Patriot)
    Boom.

Brady will have another ring soon. No doubt.

Rodgers was ranked too highly IMO. I love the guy, he's great, nothing against him at all. But winning the Superbowl once (as part of a team effort) does not make you top ten - fifteen overnight.

If Rodgers does it again, he is top 10. Atm, I would say around 20.
    He already had a great season a year before. He made miracles and was definitely one of the best players last season.

ReputationRep:
    He already had a great season a year before. He made miracles and was definitely the best player last season.
    Fixed

ReputationRep:
    Fixed
    I was talking about Rodgers.

ReputationRep:
    The whole point of the list is that it's top 100 PLAYERS of the year. That in itself should considerably disregard how the player's team did. It doesn't matter if the guy went 1-15 or 19-0, it's about his individual performance!

ReputationRep:
    Wisconsin Badgers or Kansas Jayhawks for me

ReputationRep:
    U-Dub, as I'm soon to be a student there.

GO HUSKIES!

ReputationRep:
    I was talking about Rodgers.
    o.

Still not convinced. top 20, yes. top 15, perhaps. top 10, no.

ReputationRep:
    o.

Still not convinced. top 20, yes. top 15, perhaps. top 10, no.
    I know that he's a threat to your anal sex fantasy boy Brady, but no need to hate! He is the #2 QB in the league now, Peyton is on a slippery slope and Brees had a slow year by his standards. Rodgers was pulling wins out of his arse. He's the real deal.

ReputationRep:
    I know that he's a threat to your anal sex fantasy boy Brady, but no need to hate! He is the #2 QB in the league now, Peyton is on a slippery slope and Brees had a slow year by his standards. Rodgers was pulling wins out of his arse. He's the real deal.
    i hate brady and love rogers but even i agree he isnt the 2nd best qb, the fact is he has great people round him making him look better where as some other achieve great things regardless, plus one year where he won the superbowl dosnt make his career yes he had a good year last year but can he keep it up like others do is the issue

ReputationRep:
    Rogers had a solid season and he's probably a top-5 QB now, but he's far from #2, either this season or recently.

On their form this year, Brady deserves to be #1 (even though he's an utter prick), but Manning at #2 was a joke - we just have to accept that the voters really aren't judging purely on this year's performance (which is difficult to do). Glad to see Lewis and Reed both getting some of the recognition they deserve.

ReputationRep:
    Mark my words....Rodgers will continue to improve and will be, at some point, the best QB in the league. Fact.

ReputationRep:
    Calm down! I don't hate him, and Brady isn't my "anal sex fantasy" lol.

If we are going by last season's performance alone (as the top 100 was supposed to be), Rodgers was the 2nd best QB for sure.

If were going by career ranking (which the top 100 ended up as), Rodgers is IMO either 5th, 6th or 7th.

I agree he is the real deal! But you're placing him on the sky-high pedestal for doing once (with a shed load of support and other weapons) what other QB's did repeatedly without those weapons.

ReputationRep:
    Rodgers will get better, but that's hardly a bold prediction. He's younger than the other top QBs, has a great receiving corp and an incredible defense to support him.

What makes Brady and Brees stand out though, is the fact that time and time again they've done it with average receiving corps, and/or small-name guys. Manning not so much as he's had Wayne, Clark and Harrison for most of his time but he's an exceptional quarterback anyway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.