Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lidiya)
    Anyone did question 1:
    I talked about the Google(iteam having innovative,entrepreneurial, consutructive(cooke) culture) role and task too (handY)
    Compared it to Apple ^^pretty the same stufff
    Contrasted it with Vogue- power culture and authority of Wintour
    Evaluation: depends on the leadership of the leader and founder.

Anyonw put somethig like this?
    Yes I did this, but with Google, Apple, Nokia, John lewis and Enron. I also mentioned that the culture can depend on which market they are in.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone reassure me that I won't lose that many marks by not mentioning google :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linabina94)
    Can someone reassure me that I won't lose that many marks by not mentioning google :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You'll drop 3 marks maximum it's all about evaluation in this test

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wrote 5 pages for section A Question 2, my second FOR point was utter bull****... unless "expanding""diversifying" culture exists as a result of being a successful firm and explaining how tesco wanted to expand to usa... in comparision to vodaphone failing in eygpt

didnt even write a conclusion paragraph.. the only evaluation I done was at the end of each paragraph

ReputationRep:
    All in all, if you did economics, Section B wasn't too bad... who did the question about government regulation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakethecake2008)
    All in all, if you did economics, Section B wasn't too bad... who did the question about government regulation?
    Yeah i do economics so was like second nature.

Talked about how sainbusry launched own brand during reccession and it was an inferior good so therefore demand increased as income fell balala

what points did you use for q1.

for: strong organisational culture , innovative

ReputationRep:
    Overall, I felt the paper was good (please don't kill me). Question 1 in Section A gave you great scope to contrast and cross reference examples together - which racks up the marks. I talked about innovative cultures (Apple and GSK), a culture that engages employees (Southwest Airlines and Virgin) and my counter argument was pretty crap, just talked about large firms such as Coca Cola adopting a complacent culture because they have a unique product and don't need to innovate to be successful - instead they pursue marketing strategies.

I done question 4 about government regulation - A DREAM QUESTION. The question really wanted you to rant about Barclays and Lehman Brothers in terms of banks needing regulation. I also mentioned the Primark and the exploitation of suppliers needing regulation. My counter argument was just that some firms already adopt business ethics and don't need regulation (M+S and Starbucks)

I think you'll need about A* - 61 A -55 would be my guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iggyDash)
    Yeah i do economics so was like second nature.

Talked about how sainbusry launched own brand during reccession and it was an inferior good so therefore demand increased as income fell balala

what points did you use for q1.

for: strong organisational culture , innovative

For q1 I talked about innovative cultures (Apple and GSK), engaged employee cultures (Virgin and Southwest) and complacent cultures for the against argument (Coca Cola).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CodeJack)
    Yes I did this, but with Google, Apple, Nokia, John lewis and Enron. I also mentioned that the culture can depend on which market they are in.
    Omg same I used Enron, Google, Apple, SouthWest Airlines, Nokia and John lewis for question 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linabina94)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I want to say no to you but reality is you had to refer to it sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadster)
    I need AAB, not sure I've got this though. Manchester are supposed to be quite lenient though
    So how'd you find it? I feel like section A went amazing but section went crap. I think I got my D in Buss4 to get a B overall in Business Studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAhmedd)
    So how'd you find it? I feel like section A went amazing but section went crap. I think I got my D in Buss4 to get a B overall in Business Studies
    I agree with you mostly... But section A wasn't that amazing for me, it was decent. Section B was hard Also hoping for a B overall, I think I should be ok... Fingers crossed best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Omg same I used Enron, Google, Apple, SouthWest Airlines, Nokia and John lewis for question 1
    Wow that's a lot of companies! I only used John Lewis, Barclays, Google.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dulwin)
    Hey guys, one question!

My friend was asking me that she may have forgotten to put 03. inside the box where she started question 3.

I didn't know what to say to her, does anyone know if they will still include for question 3 even thought the number wasn't stated? :/
    Please contact your head of exam or exam office or college in general to inform them! They will advise you appropriately.

ReputationRep:
    Here a summary of what I wrote, anyone think it's correct?

Section A Q1 about all culture being the same in highly profitable organisations

Example John Lewis & Google,
    Explained with examples how both these companies have a different approach to internal factors that influence their culture e.g John Lewis partnership, Googles various benefits, hands off management etc

Example John Lewis again
    On the other hand highly profitable and large organisations will most likely adopt a similar structure in terms of hierarchy, centrally run from a HQ, top-down and one way communication, which creates a split culture of 'them and us' between leadership and operational staff. Therefore some similarities in culture will form.

Example Barclays:

Said how Barclays had a variety of cultures within its own organisation, so how would several different organisations have a similar culture if there's different culture amongst just one. Barclays had a task culture in investment, a corrupt culture in others (tax avoidance department) misspelling PPI etc.

Then a conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    You could have written about the News of the World phone hacking scandal (News International) for the regulation question too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadster)
    I agree with you mostly... But section A wasn't that amazing for me, it was decent. Section B was hard Also hoping for a B overall, I think I should be ok... Fingers crossed best of luck
    Ah I hope we do get our Bs and don't worry I'm sure you did amazing I ran out of time for section B so I bullet pointed some of my points :cool:
    (Original post by elzginger)
    Wow that's a lot of companies! I only used John Lewis, Barclays, Google.

Yeah I wrote a lot for section A but little in section B ended up running out of time :/

ReputationRep:
    Ah I hope we do get our Bs and don't worry I'm sure you did amazing I ran out of time for section B so I bullet pointed some of my points :cool:
    I also ran out of time... I (accidentally) spent just over an HOUR on section A so I only had time for two points in section B I'm doomed

ReputationRep:
    This post was deleted

Hey guys, one question!

My friend was asking me that she may have forgotten to put 03. inside the box where she started question 3.

I didn't know what to say to her, so does anyone know if they will still mark question 3 even though the number wasn't written down :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dulwin)
    This post was deleted

Hey guys, one question!

I didn't know what to say to her, so does anyone know if they will still mark question 3 even though the number wasn't written down :/
    As I said above you need to contact your exam office!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.