Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Guys apparently ofqual is getting excuses very early this year; so don't exect top grades :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssargithan)
    Guys apparently ofqual is getting excuses very early this year; so don't exect top grades :/
    Oh god. I thought I'd done badly as it was 😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Avor)
    I don't know how important is this but should I open my results at my school or on the onlineservice my school has?
    Totally up to you ! I suppose having a look online by yourself means that it won't be a shock (good/bad!) when it comes to seeing them in front of your friends?

Fabulous :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hs1var19)
    I'm thinking about doing medicine too but I do only have 5 gcses in my belt and I'm only allowed to do 3 a levels. My future really depends on what I get on the 22nd. Haha lived in America for two years then decided to come back here again. Did my gcse at a local fe college
    Really wish I did loads of gcses tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't stress too much about it your A levels and PS will be most important :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tess_rach)
    "How useful is Thornbury Castle when studying the development of castles from 1066-c.1550?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sounds very life draining. I did mine on how communism has changed china.

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHA LOOK AT THIS ARTICLE :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-23290889

GREAT -___-
    Doesn't surprise me to be honest..
    But still :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I know I did well on my Sciences All the better if nationally people did bad, more chance of me picking up the A*.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxKINGxxx)
    Well I know I did well on my Sciences All the better if nationally people did bad, more chance of me picking up the A*.
    Hopefully you're not on Edexcel then, I would imagine boundaries won't be moving for that as everyone found it really easy!

ReputationRep:
    Aqa mate.

ReputationRep:
    All's good then!

ReputationRep:
    Whatever I get, I'll say to myself: 'I did as hard as I could.' No regrets.

ReputationRep:
    I'll say that about my sciences, german and also geography... But the rest I probably didn't try on nearly as much :/

ReputationRep:
    I'd say I'm most worried about History (OCR) and triple science (AQA IGCSE)...but I'm not sure I've plane-sailed anything 19 days 'til I find out I guess :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    19 days feels long. But 12 days for a levels seems really short

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hs1var19)
    Do you guys have twitter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep! @EoinMonaghan4

ReputationRep:
    i just got mine, failed badly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    Ah, I'm worried about Ocr biology and Aqa literature,

Which A levels are you picking for sixth form this year?
    ah 19 days , wow! I really hope the english language boundaries don't rocket for an A or A*
    I really want to do dentistry or medicine plus my parents want me to do well so I feel so pressurised

good luck with your grades x

Jatz
    I know I just generally worry about everything! Haha I will not sleep at all the night before! I have picked maths, biology, chemistry and geography. Yeah same, I hope they are fair about English! You were with AQA for English? I was with CCEA but I did AQA for other subjects. Yeah I would like to do the same as you, but I'm also interested in chemistry! Good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jatz07)
    Ah, I'm worried about Ocr biology and Aqa literature,

Which A levels are you picking for sixth form this year?
    ah 19 days , wow! I really hope the english language boundaries don't rocket for an A or A*
    I really want to do dentistry or medicine plus my parents want me to do well so I feel so pressurised

good luck with your grades x

Jatz
    Dentistry or medicine? Why is everyone going for these just because they have the grades?? You have to have a real passion for it, and you have to have determination that you want to do it, not just for social status or to please your family! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taci)
    Dentistry or medicine? Why is everyone going for these just because they have the grades?? You have to have a real passion for it, and you have to have determination that you want to do it, not just for social status or to please your family! :confused:
    Well for me, I would like to go into medicine because I was in hospital for a long time when I was younger and I kind of was inspired by the people around me. I don't think everyone around here simply want to do it for the money or the title. Although saying that I'm also really interested in just studying chemistry I would be happy with either!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just really want results day to come now :-( not that I'm expecting amazing grades but I really want to get it over with...been months since I did my first exam

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.