Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Wilzman)
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Generally speaking, in the fullness of time, at the appropriate juncture and with due understanding of the given process, how long does it take for any one of the appointed TSR Labour Party usergroup leaders to confirm an application to join said party?

hint

ReputationRep:
    Did Ed Miliband really have that throat operation?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TopHat)
    Generally speaking, in the fullness of time, at the appropriate juncture and with due understanding of the given process, how long does it take for any one of the appointed TSR Labour Party usergroup leaders to confirm an application to join said party?

hint
    I don't generally let people in who have barely any posts, but it takes a variable amount of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I don't generally let people in who have barely any posts, but it takes a variable amount of time.
    Point noted.

ReputationRep:
    What's the Labour Party's view on the following statement:

"No government has ever had a mandate for making Britain multicultural."
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Point noted.
    I've now accepted you though. If you care enough to ask you are already more likely to be active than most :lol:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tufc)
    What's the Labour Party's view on the following statement:

"No government has ever had a mandate for making Britain multicultural."
    They've never had a mandate not to.

ReputationRep:
    They've never had a mandate not to.
    But you don't need a mandate to NOT make a change. When a government is considering something that so drastically changes Britain, should it not try to gain a mandate for this through direct democracy?

ReputationRep:

hint

O.H?

Hmm, no, probably not. Wonder who you are a reincarnation of :tongue:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tufc)
    But you don't need a mandate to NOT make a change. When a government is considering something that so drastically changes Britain, should it not try to gain a mandate for this through direct democracy?
    It's about decisions and there is a decision involved in not making changes.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    O.H?

?

I will remove them then

ReputationRep:
    It's about decisions and there is a decision involved in not making changes.
    I feel you're somewhat dodging the question. Under your theory, no government has a mandate for NOT legislating to make MPs attend the HOC nude.

Why do the British people not get a say in whether they want multiculturalism or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    O.H?

I think I have a much older account on here, although it was made pre-GCSEs (i.e., over a year ago now) and thus I can't remember the password. That said, it had two posts on it asking about Oxford PPE entrance requirements, so I doubt it will be of much interest.

That said, I do like the assumption I'm a man of mystery. I shall now mysteriously disappear lest I spam any more.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tufc)
    I feel you're somewhat dodging the question. Under your theory, no government has a mandate for NOT legislating to make MPs attend the HOC nude.

Why do the British people not get a say in whether they want multiculturalism or not?
    I am because I suspect you are a troll. If you want a serious answer you will get one but not right now as I am about to go on the phone. Someone else may answer of course.

ReputationRep:
    ?

I will remove them then
    Wait, wut?

I'm not actually someone else? Other than me, I mean?

ReputationRep:
    I am because I suspect you are a troll. If you want a serious answer you will get one but not right now as I am about to go on the phone. Someone else may answer of course.
    I'm not trolling. I have seen Britain change to an unbelievable extent. And not once have the people of Britain been asked whether they consent to that change. It's kind of like we've been raped, if I'm honest.

But, another question, what is the Labour Party's stance on positive action?

ReputationRep:
    ?

I will remove them then

I'm not suspecting foul play, just someone who has another account they've either stopped using for privacy reasons or otherwise. Seems a decent enough chap to me

ReputationRep:
    I almost fell in to feeding the troll. Damn it internet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    I almost fell in to feeding the troll. Damn it internet!
    Wait, a subscriber troll. Why would anyone waste their money just to troll people on the internet?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.