Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in here a big Drum and bass fan like moi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    Just did a 3 hr English lit revision session :coma:

lool.. I can't get myself motivated enough to revise for the eng lit exam...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Vionar)
    That's just stupid! The school cares more about sucking up to OFSTED than your grades. How much I detest this system is beyond words!
    On the other hand, OFSTED putting our school on Special Measures made the teachers and the pupils man the **** up until we got out of there. I think its important to appreciate how OFSTED often increases the progress and efforts made by schools to improve their level of education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Haha, bio is a relief though!
    Did you do it today?y school had no exams today, so I didn't get the chance to write down some German vocab! :angry: And then the firebell went off!

(Original post by Bluffroom)
    ikr they are pricks
    :angry: The whole system is just wrong! I hate it.

(Original post by MangoFreak)
    To contrast, my school was told by OFSTED to pick up their **** with MFL.

Look how that turned out
    It's awful, I really hate how such important subjects are totally disregarded.

ReputationRep:
    Did you do it today?y school had no exams today, so I didn't get the chance to write down some German vocab! :angry: And then the firebell went off!

I mean my coursework...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    On the other hand, OFSTED putting our school on Special Measures made the teachers and the pupils man the **** up until we got out of there. I think its important to appreciate how OFSTED often increases the progress and efforts made by schools to improve their level of education.
    That's good for your school, and OFSTED does do some good, but from what I've seen, it is mostly negative. Though obviously I don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I mean my coursework...
    Oops! Well all of the sciences went well for you! I have a physics ISA, and it's going to be either great or horrific!

ReputationRep:

I hate the entire system, they give them time to prep which is *******s.

ReputationRep:
    I hate the entire system, they give them time to prep which is *******s.
    To be fair, it is getting better. Before, they had like a week or something ridiculous like that! I still want them to have no notification until about an hour or two before they arrive or something.

ReputationRep:
    hey can someone answer my question regarding aqa english lit unit 1 thanks hate it when my posts get moved out of the gcse section no one comments on them

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2352394

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, it is getting better. Before, they had like a week or something ridiculous like that! I still want them to have no notification until about an hour or two before they arrive or something.
    Still, it's not good enough - at 3:25pm today they had an emergency assembly for year 11s (and one for every year for about an hour prior) bsically telling people what to do as they found out at 1pm and they are freaking out

ReputationRep:
    They should turn up, and be like 'Hi I'm from OFSTED." and school would be like :eek: :ahhhhh:
    Still, it's not good enough - at 3:25pm today they had an emergency assembly for year 11s (and one for every year for about an hour prior) bsically telling people what to do as they found out at 1pm and they are freaking out
    hahaha PANIC!

ReputationRep:
    I know, it needs to go further, but it's a step in the right direction at least. It shouldn't even need a warning, (obviously except so that OFSTED don't turn up while the school's burning down or something! So, they should have a warning, but only a few hours or something!) OFSTED want to see the real school, not the fake one to make them look good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    They should turn up, and be like 'Hi I'm from OFSTED." and school would be like :eek: :ahhhhh:

hahaha PANIC!
    That is what I want them to do.
    I know, it needs to go further, but it's a step in the right direction at least. It shouldn't even need a warning, (obviously except so that OFSTED don't turn up while the school's burning down or something! So, they should have a warning, but only a few hours or something!) OFSTED want to see the real school, not the fake one to make them look good.
    It should do what Matt suggested. My school is good enough so they should calm the fook down instead of actling like vaginas.

ReputationRep:
    It was my Dad's birthday today and everyone totally forgot :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)

hahaha PANIC!
    That's actually what they should do, it would show the school how it normally is, not how it looks like dressed up!

That is what I want them to do.

It should do what Matt suggested. My school is good enough so they should calm the fook down instead of actling like vaginas.
    The schools may get a lower rating, but at least it's actually what the school's like. How are they supposed to improve if they dress up every time someone wants to see how to improve them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoMathsPlease)
    Anyone in here a big Drum and bass fan like moi?
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=0prFicLgXxw

ReputationRep:
    It was my Dad's birthday today and everyone totally forgot :eek:
    :eek: What was his reaction?

ReputationRep:
    :eek: What was his reaction?
    He said he was upset... and he's going to start forgetting our birthdays
    Worst thing is people at his work remembered it was his birthday and his own family didn't

I don't think he took it too seriously though...

ReputationRep:
    He said he was upset... and he's going to start forgetting our birthdays
    Worst thing is people at his work remembered it was his birthday and his own family didn't

I don't think he took it too seriously though...
    :lol: Don't expect much on your next birthday!
    Awkward...

You will never know...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.