Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thank you jeffercake and miss_disney

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just realised I put 'ordinary' for degree instead of 'honours' and now I can't change it, how much of a problem is this going to be?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    I've just realised I put 'ordinary' for degree instead of 'honours' and now I can't change it, how much of a problem is this going to be?
    A massive one - you can't apply with an ordinary degree as it's below a third! Call UCAS and get it fixed.

(Original post by harry_007)
    Oh okay. So I just write something like this for my personal statement:

''I will begin my school experience post-January''.

The end.
    You write about why teaching, how you know teaching is for you, other experiences that will make you a great teacher and anything else that applies. There's guidance in the personal statement section of this website

Should I enter my disability mentor as a character reference as she probably knows me best or, do I ask the chairperson of the learning disability group that I work at? I'm the deputy treasurer, so is there enough of a "gap" between our roles for her to be a good choice? I haven't spoken to her for quite a while as there's been a falling out in the group and I'm unsure if she's okay with me now.

I could use my the leader of the National Citizen Service group that I volunteered with over the summer or the leader of the entire scheme in my city. I really don't know what to do

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=ParadoxSocks;45265402]A massive one - you can't apply with an ordinary degree as it's below a third! Call UCAS and get it fixed.

They can't change it Omg dunno what to do!

She said either start from the beginning again or tell the individual course providers!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by xxstace123xx)
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    A massive one - you can't apply with an ordinary degree as it's below a third! Call UCAS and get it fixed.
    They can't change it Omg dunno what to do!

She said either start from the beginning again or tell the individual course providers!
    Contact the individual universities. Be honest and say you accidentally selected the wrong option and it'll be okay. Did it ask you to add your degree class?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Contact the individual universities. Be honest and say you accidentally selected the wrong option and it'll be okay. Did it ask you to add your degree class?
    Yes it did but I put 'pending' as I haven't got it yet.

Do you think if my reference is going to write my predicted grade they will get it?

I will contact them as well obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_disney)
    Sounds ace, Best of luck, and I'm applying to: Brighton, Chichester and Sussex

fingers crossed! :pingu:

Thanks. Good luck to you too!!

ReputationRep:
    Can we make changes to our applictaion after the refernces fill?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brown shuga)
    Can we make changes to our applictaion after the refernces fill?
    Nope. You can't make them even once you've sent it - well only to the choices.

ReputationRep:
    I've done everything I can, just waiting for my second reference now. Like most of you my academic tutor was very fast but my Headteacher hasn't accepted yet - I know he's very busy but its so frustrating! Will politely check in on Monday that he got the email as a prompt

Noticed only after I can't change it that I accidentally entered one module twice but hoping that won't be a massive problem.

ReputationRep:
    I put for my degree type that I am doing a BA. Should I have put BA Hons? Will this be a problem? I put that I am leaving with a BA Hons degree on the drop down menu.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh just paid and sent it off! Gosh, one worry over and another (or 10) take its place!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magic_box)
    I've done everything I can, just waiting for my second reference now. Like most of you my academic tutor was very fast but my Headteacher hasn't accepted yet - I know he's very busy but its so frustrating! Will politely check in on Monday that he got the email as a prompt

Noticed only after I can't change it that I accidentally entered one module twice but hoping that won't be a massive problem.
    Mines the same! My tutor has done my reference already but the Headteacher hasn't accepted the request yet. I'm hoping he has not forgot or read the email and forgot.. I'm such a worrier.. And I don't want to email him yet because I feel cheeky and annoying lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    Mines the same! My tutor has done my reference already but the Headteacher hasn't accepted the request yet. I'm hoping he has not forgot or read the email and forgot.. I'm such a worrier.. And I don't want to email him yet because I feel cheeky and annoying lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Email them to confirm if they've received the email...the UCAS lady told me that sometimes it can go in junk mail so just say, "i wanted to make sure you'd received the email as sometimes it can go in junk folder..."

ReputationRep:
    both references are in and it's paid and submitted! aaarghhh now the waiting starts!! thanks for all your help everyone

ReputationRep:
    I am still waiting for both my referees to accept and actually do my reference, Can you make a changes to the personal statement after the references has been submitted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Descartes93)
    Email them to confirm if they've received the email...the UCAS lady told me that sometimes it can go in junk mail so just say, "i wanted to make sure you'd received the email as sometimes it can go in junk folder..."
    Good idea!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabay)
    Good idea!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Also my name on my application is different to my preferred name so I explained that in the email just so he wasn't thinking who is this?? Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Argh the wait for references is on!

Submitted my application this morning after proofing it, desperately hope it is all there and correct, but I did my best!

After adamantly saying I'd apply for uni courses, I ended up with 2 school direct options, as that seems to be the location of most of the places!

I aslo ended up writing my work experience as prose, a section on school, a section on my current job and a section on my internship, with reference to other roles that I can expand in interview. It looked really messy to do it in lists and in brief, as I have so much work experience, so I'm hoping they accept I've focused on what I do now as okay!

My secondary reference has accepted and I've been in school today and they are writing it. They CAN see your whole application which is pretty scary lol! Waiting for my ex academic supervisor to get in touch, I emailed him as soon as I submitted my application, but he now only works part time! As long as everything is done by next friday I think I'll be happy with that!

GOOD LUCK everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oncomingstorm27)
    I put for my degree type that I am doing a BA. Should I have put BA Hons? Will this be a problem? I put that I am leaving with a BA Hons degree on the drop down menu.
    I have done the same, though my highest qualification will be MA. I listed my BA modules as priority, as they cover more of the relevant curriculum subjects... Hope it's okay, couldn't see an Hons option, unless I missed it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.