Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got A*AB for English Lit, Biology and Psychology - my offer from Exeter was AAA but they let me in anyway! :banana:

So relieved...I hope everyone else got what they wanted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    You can, remember Robbie as he got a B in GCSE but got some top scores for his exams this year!
    I *can* go, but I won't

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone for their brilliant results!

Anyone disappointed with their results or having to go through clearing - I scrapped Cs at A-Level because I just didn't apply myself in those 2 years, I messed about. I went through clearing and ended up at the University Centre at Blackburn College, doing a foundation degree and about to go onto my ba (hons) top up year and my degree will be validated by Lancaster Uni. I always hoped to go to a top uni but I'm on now on track for a 2:1 and wouldn't change my uni experience for anything - so don't despair there's options for everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Don't know about anyone else but lurking this thread as an AS-er and seeing all the A2-ers get their results and hearing them getting into uni is making me really happy and excited for some reason :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Its quite funny that I got more As at A level then I did in my GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoseBrilliante)
    Where do you find the UMS boundaries? I've got the raw mark grade boundaries but results are in UMS aren't they? And yeah, I'm hoping to get A* in biology even though that's the science I hated the most but ironically seemed to do the best in? I'm hoping to get one grade higher for A2, like you :P I'm stressing for the linear exam timetables next year! So glad I'm not doing psychology - I heard horror stories about all the studies and essays!
    Ums boundaries are the same every year, just google them and it'll come up. I couldn't even believe I'd gotten a B in biology, never mind three marks off an A, I was honestly expecting a D at best! I'd be so so happy if I got all A's and A*'s next year, provided they weren't a few marks off an A* hah. I want to do psychology at uni so it's probably a good idea hah. It's difficult to remember everything but I do find it interesting. I've been slightly struggling to get to grips with the current topic though so ill have to get my head down now I've gotten my results! What did you end up getting?

ReputationRep:
    4 As, ecstatic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecawthorn)
    Are you on about A2? Cos these are my AS'S, oh well I got 77 in unit 2 dunno if that's ums or not which was the C, it says 138 next to the 'mark equivalant' on the exam sheet so I dunno if that means a total of 140 is a B cos if it is, I was 2 marks off-.- I know it's very ambitious but I want an A in sociology so bad!!
    Yes, sorry I forgot to ask. 77 is the UMS and the raw score you got for that was 53 and you were three raw marks off a B Dx 138 is the total of both of your AS exams and yes you were sadly 2 marks off a B. You could get an A if you really put the work in and Unit 3 is a better unit in my opinion. Its important to work hard for unit 3 though to get an A overall as Unit 4 which I sat is difficult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xMr_BrightSide)
    Those marks are insane, way higher than you'd need for an Oxford offer even! Oxford care more about GCSE's than the UMS of AS level, so the percentages are not important.
    (Original post by theCreator)
    Oxford don't see your grade percentages (unless you actually tell them which most people do not). I think the only university asking for the percentages is Cambridge. So you're fine It's mainly the interview that gets you the offer from what I've heard.

Thank you, I thought Oxford looked at UMS along with Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karimaa)
    Hey guys I got my As results

BIOLOGY- B
    CHEMISTRY-B
    PHYSICS-A
    MATHS-A (equivalent to A*)

i really wanna apply for medicine but not too happy about my results. General entry requirement for med is 3A's and I'm hoping to apply to unis such as ucl, cambridge, kings, and queen Mary. I know this is unrealistic because their entry rquirement is A*AA-AAB but what should I do:confused:
    Wait until your predicted grades and are you going to drop a subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    Ums boundaries are the same every year, just google them and it'll come up. I couldn't even believe I'd gotten a B in biology, never mind three marks off an A, I was honestly expecting a D at best! I'd be so so happy if I got all A's and A*'s next year, provided they weren't a few marks off an A* hah. I want to do psychology at uni so it's probably a good idea hah. It's difficult to remember everything but I do find it interesting. I've been slightly struggling to get to grips with the current topic though so ill have to get my head down now I've gotten my results! What did you end up getting?
    Yeah, I found the 'All about UMS' page on here after I submitted that post haha :P
    And I found AS Psychology quite boring, especially the first unit (second unit I actually enjoyed) but yeah, I also had trouble trying to remember everything too <
    I got ABBC which I am actually quite happy about I can get them up next year provided I don't decide to spend every night on the internet like I did for half of this year :shifty:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melodyogbebor)
    I was initially thinking maybe retaking the AS year again because I desperately want to go a good Uni which want grades like ABB and I am far from my reach so I have no clue what I can do.

With resits, I'd have to retake all of my subjects because they are not good.
    Obviously it's up to you, but restarting and going back a year really doesn't matter if it helps your chances of getting into a good university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abzy1234)
    Wow dude congrats, those are beyond awesome grades!!

See ya at Nottingham
    See you there! Congrats to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyStrange13)
    Yes, sorry I forgot to ask. 77 is the UMS and the raw score you got for that was 53 and you were three raw marks off a B Dx 138 is the total of both of your AS exams and yes you were sadly 2 marks off a B. You could get an A if you really put the work in and Unit 3 is a better unit in my opinion. Its important to work hard for unit 3 though to get an A overall as Unit 4 which I sat is difficult

So I was 2 marks off a B then, not 3? Damn! Ah how did you know 53 was the raw mark? & yeah I guess I could I just don't know whether to resit AS to be safe, but I'm talking to my teacher tomorrow so should be fine she can advice me too, thanks for you help and well done with your results, what did you get in everything else? x

ReputationRep:
    I have a serious problem.

I do apply for my AL maths cash in
    but it turns out nothing in my result plus.

Those papers are counted as units not yet cash in and i don't know why............

I have contacted the exam board through e-mail and asked for a late cash in..

its really frustrating......because its stated clearly on my admission form that I do have cash in for maths

want to cry....

ReputationRep:
    Need ABB for Salford for Broadcast Journalism

Got 3 Bs and they took me anyway :') I've never been so happy - I was crying my eyes out when I read the results :3

also, I did AS Sociology this year and I got an A ^.^ so very, very proud of myself for that - especially since I got 72/80 in the last exam :')

ReputationRep:
    I got AAC needed 3A's but Uni of Manchester accepted me anyway and i'll be studying Law in September Couldn't be any more happier

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've been given 30 mins to decide if I want to do a foundation year at my firm or go to my insurance. Pressure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoseBrilliante)
    Yeah, I found the 'All about UMS' page on here after I submitted that post haha :P
    And I found AS Psychology quite boring, especially the first unit (second unit I actually enjoyed) but yeah, I also had trouble trying to remember everything too <
    I got ABBC which I am actually quite happy about I can get them up next year provided I don't decide to spend every night on the internet like I did for half of this year :shifty:
    Is it bad that I can't even remember what this latest AS unit was on? Haha! Oh it was abnormality, social and stress, I remembered hah. Woo well done! And yeah I know what you mean, my mental health took a bit of a bad turn during the exam period which I think messed up my grades a bit but luckily still got AAABB and they were close A's so not too bad! Ah I suppose I better get on with my summer homework now haha, I've been slacking so bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karimaa)
    Nope carrying them all forward
    Do unis take As or A-level results into account?
    And I think I'm most likely to be predicted A*AAA-AAAA

thanks
    GCSEs, AS levels and predicted grades (from your teachers). As well as personal statement, references, possibly an interview, and checking your AS levels and predicted grades are consistent (not overvalued or undervalued). If you feel you under performed in one your referee can say so, but I think your predicted grades are absolutely fine taking your AS levels into account.

EDIT: A-levels if you apply after your A-levels have been completed (Gap year)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.