Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    9A*s, 3As and a C

I'm incredibly relieved, I'd been worrying for ages that I might not have got the grades I needed/wanted. And I got an A* in Physics, which I didn't even think was possible! Somehow I got 100 UMS on the last exam which gave me the marks I needed for an A* overall, although by my calculations I should technically have been still 2 marks off. Oh well, I'm not complaining. Biology also went from being my best science to my worst, with my Chemistry getting 344 overall as opposed to my Biology's 343. I'm just glad I secured As in those really. Missed out on an A* in R.S. by five marks, but that's understandable - I didn't use many key terms or quotes so I'm assuming that's where I lost my marks. The C was in Music... Very few people in my school did well in that. I wasn't expecting anything spectacular really but I would've liked a B. But then I did get a G in my Creative Task (which isn't surprising as I had no clue what to do, it was such an odd thing). I'll just try and balance it out with a good mark in my Grade 7 Piano next year

Oh! I also got a U in Additional Maths. Oh well. I'm just going to use it as motivation to try much harder in Maths at A-Level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    Your GCSEs are fine for medicine, you'd just need to make sure you apply smart. So avoid Oxford, Birmingham but I can see you getting an interview at Liverpool with those grades
    Cheers, it's a shame I mainly wanted to go to East Anglia, as I lived nearby but I missed out on the A. But I did better than I was predicted overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    10A*s 4As and a B! So happy, but I was expecting an A in the subject I got a B in.
    Oh well, you can't get them all! I got 100 in all unit 3s for science Aqa, and 100 in all ISAs:eek:.
    Guys do I have a chance for Oxford/Birmingham uni for medicine? I got A*s in all bio,chem,physics,maths and english lit

I haven't got 90% proportion of A*s.

ReputationRep:
    8A*s & 4As
    I'm so pleased, especially as I managed to get an A* in all the sciences, and 200/200 UMS in Physics & 197/200 UMS in Chem

Congratulations to everyone, you've all done so well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Cheers, it's a shame I mainly wanted to go to East Anglia, as I lived nearby but I missed out on the A. But I did better than I was predicted overall.
    What were your A*s and As in?

As long as you have an A in English, maths and 2 sciences, you should be fine to apply there as you have over 6 A grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Guys do I have a chance for Oxford/Birmingham uni for medicine? I got A*s in all bio,chem,physics,maths and english lit
    Oxford Generally require the 90% rule .. so its less likely and a higher risk applying .. Birmingham is fine though (although I believe they may be asking for higher A levels now I'll check later and get back to you )

ReputationRep:
    What were your A*s and As in?

As long as you have an A in English, maths and 2 sciences, you should be fine to apply there as you have over 6 A grades
    I got a B in Maths
    My As were in Physics, Biology, English Lit, English Language, Astronomy, French, History. A* was in Chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I got eight A*s : Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Physics, English Language, History, Geography and French. And two As : English Literature and Religious Studies. I'm so relieved and grateful! :crazy:

ReputationRep:
    Well done to everybody with their GCSE's

That's it now lets get focused on A-Levels now :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Oxford Generally require the 90% rule .. so its less likely and a higher risk applying .. Birmingham is fine though (although I believe they may be asking for higher A levels now I'll check later and get back to you )
    90% or 60% :holmes:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I got a B in Maths
    My As were in Physics, Biology, English Lit, English Language, Astronomy, French, History. A* was in Chemistry.
    You could retake your maths GCSE next year and get it an A grade?

(Original post by a123a)

I haven't got 90% proportion of A*s.
    Good chance at Birmingham provided you get AAAA next year
    Good chance at Oxford as well.

ReputationRep:

I always saw that oxford want 90% A* ? 60% is even better I still can't apply though :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations everyone!! I hope the hard work payed off for you too

ReputationRep:
    I always saw that oxford want 90% A* ? 60% is even better I still can't apply though :lol:

Average tends to be around 60% although always apply to your strengths. I wouldn't risk applying there unless I had around 85% A* grades since most Oxford applicants will be rich in the grade

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone feeling post-results? I can't be bothered to go through the thread

ReputationRep:
    Well done to everybody with their GCSE's

That's it now lets get focused on A-Levels now :cool:
    The buzz of results has finally gone now and it's just sunk in that we've still got more work to do :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok. Oh well, 10/15= 0.67 so no chance.
    Birmingham, ok that's good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wakemeup)
    How is everyone feeling post-results? I can't be bothered to go through the thread
    I forgot I even had any GCSE's, lol. Looking forward to A-levels!

ReputationRep:

Overall I got 10 A*s 4As and 1 B

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm very happy, such a relief

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolface32)
    I forgot I even had any GCSE's, lol. Looking forward to A-levels!
    Same, I kind of just want to get back to school and start doing something productive! Not doing anything for the past eight weeks really hasn't been helping my brain.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.