Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Doubt it would ever reach that, if it did, the PL would tell the FL to admit QPR and the FL will roll over and let them in.
    Rewarding clubs spending far more than they have is what English football is all about. Fernandes will get a medal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew2209)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29129536

Is this allowed? Couldn't it cause a complete fiasco if QPR got relegated from the Premier League, and the Football League refused to admit them to the Championship.
    I personally would like to see QPR drop straight to the Conference and play the likes of Welling.

ReputationRep:
    Doubt it would ever reach that, if it did, the PL would tell the FL to admit QPR and the FL will roll over and let them in.
    If they got relegated from the premier, they'd presumably go into the conference. What happens if they get promoted from there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordanap)
    If they got relegated from the premier, they'd presumably go into the conference. What happens if they get promoted from there?
    They would be refused it until they paid the fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jordanap)
    I'd imagine it'd be as midlander said - you've had sides in the regional leagues denied promotion due to the ground not being up to scratch, so presumably until QPR meet the requirements for the football league, they'd not be allowed in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As Craig has already said I expect the League to give way to the PL. They have done so every other time the PL has made a threat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Talk of Robbie Fowler getting the Leeds job. First job from hell. Don't do it, Robbie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Talk of Robbie Fowler getting the Leeds job. First job from hell. Don't do it, Robbie.
    I'd take it. Total win/win situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Midlander)
    I'd take it. Total win/win situation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Great news for you on Pressley's new deal. Fair play to him.

ReputationRep:
    Great news for you on Pressley's new deal. Fair play to him.
    Bad news on the crowd for tomorrow's game with Yeovil though. The club still faffing around with ticket sales so embarrassingly low numbers expected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Bad news on the crowd for tomorrow's game with Yeovil though. The club still faffing around with ticket sales so embarrassingly low numbers expected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah, that's a shame. Best of luck anyway! Yeovil will be fearing you after your unbeaten run/Ricoh return.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that's a shame. Best of luck anyway! Yeovil will be fearing you after your unbeaten run/Ricoh return.
    I just want out of the third tier ASAP. Hopefully we get it together this season!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lost 1-0 to Charlton away. Beppe must be laughing all the way back to Italy.

A good 3-2 win at home against Brighton for us today puts us sixth in the Championship which is fantastic considering our budget. I'm already beginning to imagine Football Manager-esque situations where going up again is disastrous.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Generally positive but odd game today for MK - 5-0 up away from home to Barnsley and they pull 3 back to 5-3.

ReputationRep:
    Leeds deserved a win. Brilliant second half performance, very impressed with the football being played. Passing games is leagues better than last season, the big hopeful kick up front seems to be a thing of the past & the squad seem to be on the same wavelength.

We have a clutch of brilliant players in the youth academy, and maybe next year, certainly the year after, we can make a real go for promotion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Leeds deserved a win. Brilliant second half performance, very impressed with the football being played. Passing games is leagues better than last season, the big hopeful kick up front seems to be a thing of the past & the squad seem to be on the same wavelength.

We have a clutch of brilliant players in the youth academy, and maybe next year, certainly the year after, we can make a real go for promotion.
    I presume you're a Leeds fan? If so, what's the situation with your manager? I understood you wanted Garcia but he came to us at Watford, something I wasn't amazingly pleased with. I heard you were perhaps going for Sannino, our old coach, but that seems to have died down.

And as for today's game, when Steve 'I would nuke Watford if I was PM' Claridge says we should've had a penalty, we know we should've had a penalty.

ReputationRep:
    I presume you're a Leeds fan? If so, what's the situation with your manager? I understood you wanted Garcia but he came to us at Watford, something I wasn't amazingly pleased with. I heard you were perhaps going for Sannino, our old coach, but that seems to have died down.

And as for today's game, when Steve 'I would nuke Watford if I was PM' Claridge says we should've had a penalty, we know we should've had a penalty.
    The current caretaker boss Neil Redfearn is heavily rumoured to be offered the job permanently (Whether he'll take it is another matter, he's said on several occasions he doesn't want it).

He'd be good for the job. Been at the club for years, knows the players, knows the youth academy, and probably one of the very few people in football who genuinely has the club at heart.

Steve Clark rumours has sparked up again, not sure how effective he would be. I think most managers are scared about taking the Leeds job with Cellino in charge. They know he'll get rid of them if they have one little bad spell.

ReputationRep:
    Unbeaten run extends to 7 games with a 2-1 win over Yeovil, taking us into the top 6. 16,000 people seem to have got lost since last Friday though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wtf is happening to Fulham? They need to get rid of Mr.Magoo sooner rather than later.

Unbeaten run extends to 7 games with a 2-1 win over Yeovil, taking us into the top 6. 16,000 people seem to have got lost since last Friday though...
    Was always going to happen, a bit like the 20,000 MK Dons ''fans'' who've gone AWOL since the United game.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.