The Student Room Group

SQA Results' Day Discussion Thread - Tuesday 5 August 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ashleymacleod
I got my Nat 5 results. The only one I'm really disappointed in is Biology I got a C and I'm so annoyed :/ I worked so hard on Biology all year it was the one subject I tried really hard in and I was getting 85% on the model papers. I also got 59% in the prelim and only chose higher biology later on and I don't think I'll be able to do higher now which is really annoyed me because I really like Biology and need it for higher. I thought I found the exam went quite well apart from a few problem solving questions which I thought were worded really awkwardly :/

Art A
Biology C
English B (Went from 42% in the prelim to a B :biggrin: )
French B (I was ill on the exam and guessed most of the listening so how I managed that is beyond me)
Graph Comm C
History A
Media A

Well done on your results, they are really good - don't worry about Biology too much. You've got loads of other awesome results. It's worth talking to your school as they have the decision as to whether to allow you to do higher, and if you really want to, then they may let you!

Congratulations again!
Original post by mobbsy91
Really sorry about that - you should definitely check UCAS at 9am though, and they may still have accepted. Alternatively, you could ask a teacher to speak to the uni to try and persuade them - apparently that has been said to work so worth a try.

I really hope it works out!

Thanks for the advice, I suppose what's for you won't go past you, just really upset as I had my heart set on going to do adult nursing
Original post by shaunaralphxxxx
Thanks for the advice, I suppose what's for you won't go past you, just really upset as I had my heart set on going to do adult nursing

That is a real shame, and Im really sorry about that. I literally feel really awful for you.
Well done on your results, they are really good - don't worry about Biology too much. You've got loads of other awesome results. It's worth talking to your school as they have the decision as to whether to allow you to do higher, and if you really want to, then they may let you!

Congratulations again!

Yeah I'm going to have to talk to my school. Thank you!
Original post by Neuth
Well done!! Great results! :h: :congrats: :party:

What are you going to be studying and where? :h:

Studying English and Creative Writing at Dundee University :smile:
Still waiting to hear

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is a real shame, and Im really sorry about that. I literally feel really awful for you.

Don't be silly, it can't be changed so I may aswell just accept it, I'm going to call the uni and see what's what and if it's a rejection then I've got a job so I'm not sitting with nothing
I stayed up until 1 then went to sleep and my results came through at 01:19.. typical
Original post by Bluebells60
Still waiting to hear

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sucks man, unluckily for you you could still have another 4 hours - sorry to hear that - let me know how it goes when you here though!
Original post by Stephanie Smith
Studying English and Creative Writing at Dundee University :smile:

Ahhh, sounds great! :h:
You'll enjoy it, I'm sure :yes:

Original post by Bluebells60
Still waiting to hear

Not long to go :yes: :hugs:
Original post by shaunaralphxxxx
Don't be silly, it can't be changed so I may aswell just accept it, I'm going to call the uni and see what's what and if it's a rejection then I've got a job so I'm not sitting with nothing

Well, good luck with speaking to the uni, and I wish you the best with whatever happens :console:
Well, good luck with speaking to the uni, and I wish you the best with whatever happens :console:

Thank you
Am I the only person still waiting?
Original post by Gemma3011
Am I the only person still waiting?������������

I think a few others who have been waiting have tried to sleep for a bit - but me and Neuth are still here to keep you company!
I think a few others who have been waiting have tried to sleep for a bit - but me and Neuth are still here to keep you company!

May as well stay up now, surely it cant be far away...
May as well stay up now, surely it cant be far away...

Technically, could be up to 3 hours 45 minutes, but lets hope its not that long. We'll be here for a while though as well. What subjects have you taken?
I was just wondering, did anyone get am A in Higher Art.

I got a B which I am slightly disappointed with because I put so much time and effort into my practical and I was getting 100% in most written practices including my prelim.
Technically, could be up to 3 hours 45 minutes, but lets hope its not that long. We'll be here for a while though as well. What subjects have you taken?

Advanced higher biology, higher geography and higher business management :smile:
Original post by ashleymacleod
I stayed up until 1 then went to sleep and my results came through at 01:19.. typical

:rofl: Always the way.

Am I the only person still waiting?������������

There are lots of people still up :yes: :hugs:
Advanced higher biology, higher geography and higher business management :smile:

Wow, so is this ready for going to uni this year or next?

Quick Reply

Latest