The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by liamc1997
12th December 3:15!, what about you?

11th December! Good luck:biggrin:
Original post by jchap9776
my mate made benpeters and I didn't have a skiddly hahaha gonna get so much banter at college

I will reveal myself....my actual name is tom
My actual name is Linda
(edited 9 years ago)
Just got an interview from Downing college for economics on the 8th
Original post by abccba120
Need some help guys!
Right , I'm about to send my application off and I need advice on my 5th choice.. I'm not sure if I should go for a super safe choice like Cardiff (I don't really want to go there ) or go for a medium choice like Birmingham.
Current 4 choices: LSE, Bristol, Bath, Exeter.
GCSE's : 8A*s, 2As + 1A*,1A (gcse short course)
AS: AAAB (Maths,Physics, Economics and Chemistry)
A2 predictions : A*A*A (Maths, Econ, Physics)
I'm stuck on what I should choose for my 5th choice.. HELP! :biggrin:

If you're confident you'll 100% get AAA or more at the end of this year I'd say go for birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
If you're confident you'll 100% get AAA or more at the end of this year I'd say go for birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am fairly confident i'll get a minimum of AAA :smile: I also forgot to mention the Welsh Baccalaureate predicted A*/A , which Uni in your opinion is best which offers AAA as a standard offer?
I am fairly confident i'll get a minimum of AAA :smile: I also forgot to mention the Welsh Baccalaureate predicted A*/A , which Uni in your opinion is best which offers AAA as a standard offer?
well I've applied to leeds as my AAA one because the campus was so nice, but you've got Bham Southampton and edinburgh too, and newcastle, I've no idea which is the best out of those but I think Birmingham has a strong rep plus they have given unconditionals in the past :smile:
well I've applied to leeds as my AAA one because the campus was so nice, but you've got Bham Southampton and edinburgh too, and newcastle, I've no idea which is the best out of those but I think Birmingham has a strong rep plus they have given unconditionals in the past :smile:

Thanks :smile: Going to research those now , appreciate your help :biggrin:
Original post by sr234
11th December! Good luck:biggrin:

thank you! good luck to you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Need some help guys!
Right , I'm about to send my application off and I need advice on my 5th choice.. I'm not sure if I should go for a super safe choice like Cardiff (I don't really want to go there ) or go for a medium choice like Birmingham.
Current 4 choices: LSE, Bristol, Bath, Exeter.
GCSE's : 8A*s, 2As + 1A*,1A (gcse short course)
AS: AAAB (Maths,Physics, Economics and Chemistry)
A2 predictions : A*A*A (Maths, Econ, Physics) + Welsh Baccalaureate (A*/A)
I'm stuck on what I should choose for my 5th choice.. HELP! :biggrin:

Don't rush buddy, just send it off with 4 then add your fifth choice at some point before the 15th of January
Reply 1630
LSE fam, all about that London social life

I getchu cuz, man's out here trying to get into UCL for that social life ting
Original post by fha96
I getchu cuz, man's out here trying to get into UCL for that social life ting

Cuz knows that uni is for the memories of banter, not revision and working all nighters
Reply 1632
Cuz knows that uni is for the memories of banter, not revision and working all nighters

Trusttttt g ain't nobody got time for all nighters n ting, I ain't about that life smh
LSE fam, all about that London social life

ahahahahaa LSE for social life
Reply 1634
Anyone here know what the social life in Warwick is like? Do many Warwick students go out to bigger cities like Birmingham and stuff?
Original post by fha96
Anyone here know what the social life in Warwick is like? Do many Warwick students go out to bigger cities like Birmingham and stuff?

Went to Birmingham a good few times when I was at warwick but never for nights out. Almost impossible to get back cheap unless you're going with a society which has hired a coach or something. People tend to go to coventry more because it has kasbah which is a (relatively) really good club. The social life was ok, halls were sociable, societies all good, it's what you make of it to be honest. Location is the huge disadvantage warwick has over other unis.
Got my first offer from my backup choice UEA!!!!
I just got a Warwick offer :biggrin: Literally so happy because this will probably be my firm once I'm rejected from Cambridge :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
I just got a Warwick offer :biggrin: Literally so happy because this will probably be my firm once I'm rejected from Cambridge :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Congrats! :biggrin:
Congrats! :biggrin:

Thank you! This is literally the best one yet, like my other offers I was like cool yeaaaa, but this is my next favourite after Cambridge so wahooooo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending