Cambridge Decisions 2015 - info and FAQ Watch

This discussion is closed.
newblood
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by physicsmaths)
i seen it on another thread bro. some geezer got s11 or something i didnt get picked up by another college.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know someone this year was rejected - after summer pool - with a (low) 1,1 off an S,S offer which I feel is unfair on the surface of it (I dont know much else about the applicant apart from he was international with an offer from Churchill). However, I would have assumed by "just" missing S,S you meant obtaining an S,1 or high 1,1.
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Edac)
Will the letter have a stamp on the front indicating which college is has been sent from? If so, can you assume you have an offer if you receive a letter from a college you didn't apply to?
I'm pretty sure your college of choice has to reply to you tomorrow/saturday so no. Even if they say you've been rejected but have been picked up elsewhere.
CaitlinDy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone ever sit and do maths and FREAK because it's SO COOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
willjeffcott
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by marsbms)
What's the meaning of this sentence "154 pooled applicants received offers from the College that pooled them " ?

Could your college "take you back" ?
By the sounds of it, yes. I think they are probably only likely to do it if you are put in the pool and no other colleges choose you. That is just my best guess anyway
aersh8
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CaitlinDy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
First time I did complex numbers (self taught) = mind blown

Posted from TSR Mobile
physicsmaths
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CluffyUno)
Are all of those who miss their STEP offer but get accepted anyway counted as summer pool acceptances? Or is this just those who end up at different colleges?
sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
newblood
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CluffyUno)
Are all of those who miss their STEP offer but get accepted anyway counted as summer pool acceptances? Or is this just those who end up at different colleges?
I believe it is only those that end up at another college. From what ive heard a lot more people get accepted after missing 1,1 than the statistics suggest as many colleges do take their own offer holders who miss the grades. For example, out of the 2013 entry only 170 of 470 offer holders met 1,1 and d 237 were accepted - so there is certainly some leeway. However, (atleast) 1,1 should always be your aim.
Jessb_3125
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
You sound like my sort of person!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
User1255194
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by aersh8)
First time I did complex numbers (self taught) = mind blown

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not reeeeeaaaallly that amazing though is it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rhubarb123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is there sny chance that our college of choice emails us the decision tomorrow please? Thanks
aersh8
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by EHZ17)
It's not reeeeeaaaallly that amazing though is it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well finally being able to solve equations which were previously unsolvable was pretty cool
But yeah, they are just numbers if you think about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
physicsmaths
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
lol used to. find the school maths bland and easy now. enjoy stuff like step and olympiad stuff. Olympiad number theory 👌

Posted from TSR Mobile
lavendery
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How do you know you were pooled? Called or emailed? And what date?(international student)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mayanne
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kaka0920)
Is there anyone who applied for HSPS?
Me !
physicsmaths
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am going to be so nervous tomorrow. I am preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by sr-96)
Will pool reinterviewees get a letter on saturday?
As far as I know you should get one from your preference college confirming that you are being reinterviewed elsewhere.

(Original post by Deadpan)
I realise that all letters are sent out Tomorrow and I have seen that some colleges say they will email by Saturday and some by Monday. But when a college says they will email BY Saturday, could they email Friday after the letters go out? Have the colleges said they will email ON Saturday/Monday or BY Saturday/Monday?
No college will email on Friday.
Bookworm77
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi . I'm an international student who's applied to Queens' and I was wondering if anyone on here knows if Queens' automatically emails your result to you or if you need to request it?
phatlittlelemon
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know how to turn off email notifications for TSR threads? Cus I'm getting tonnes a day /:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Minerva
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by willjeffcott)
By the sounds of it, yes. I think they are probably only likely to do it if you are put in the pool and no other colleges choose you. That is just my best guess anyway
Not so. The college that pooled an applicant they were still possibly interested in would only have taken you out again if they didn't find any applicants they liked better. If another college shows interest in the same applicant, they discuss it. If the pooling college finds another applicant they do like better, and on-one else takes the one they pooled, then that applicant is unsuccessful.

(Original post by Rhubarb123)
Is there sny chance that our college of choice emails us the decision tomorrow please? Thanks
No. The agreed posting date is Friday 9th, so the earliest anyone can get a letter is Saturday 10th January, and colleges are expected not to pre-empt that. Some colleges will send out emails on Saturday but others won't do so until Monday. And, before you ask , I do not have a list of who does what...
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Minerva)
Not so. The college that pooled an applicant they were still possibly interested in would only have taken you out again if they didn't find any applicants they liked better. If another college shows interest in the same applicant, they discuss it. If the pooling college finds another applicant they do like better, and on-one else takes the one they pooled, then that applicant is unsuccessful.

No. The agreed posting date is Friday 9th, so the earliest anyone can get a letter is Saturday 10th January, and colleges are expected not to pre-empt that. Some colleges will send out emails on Saturday but others won't do so until Monday. And, before you ask , I do not have a list of who does what...
Well your username is Goddess of Wisdom and Learning, so knowing inner secrets may fall into that regime
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)