Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ILovePancakes)
    Don't be ridiculous, ofc you didn't offend I'm not that touchy!
    I do IB, so it isn't about UMS, but my offer was a point over my predicted grades :hide: so must work hard to reach it!

Yesss are you too? I'm sure you'll be fine main reason for so much hard work now is because of a complete lack in work ethic over the past two years :ninja:.

Yep, IB as well. Just really worried I won't meet my offer
    What subjects did you take, if you don't mind my asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShellySpielberg)
    Yep, IB as well. Just really worried I won't meet my offer
    What subjects did you take, if you don't mind my asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same :cry2: what's your offer?

I do:
    HL - History, English, French
    SL - Maths, Physics, Geography.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Same :cry2: what's your offer?

I do:
    HL - History, English, French
    SL - Maths, Physics, Geography.

What about you?
    My offer: 41, 776 I have no clue what my prediction was though, so I'm really worried...

HL - Chemistry, Physics, Bio
    SL - German, English, Maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShellySpielberg)
    My offer: 41, 776 I have no clue what my prediction was though, so I'm really worried...

HL - Chemistry, Physics, Bio
    SL - German, English, Maths
    Omigosh you do three sciences at HL :eek:

I'm revising Physics SL right now and I'm struggling. I seriously admire you, I don't know how you do it!

Mine is 42 776. I'm not so concerned of the 42 as I am of the 776. I'm worried that I'll end up getting a 5 in French .

Surely you could ask your school what they predicted you?

ReputationRep:
    Just curious - can you bring a guest to formal hall, if yes do they have to wear a gown? (St John's btw)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by aersh8)
    Just curious - can you bring a guest to formal hall, if yes do they have to wear a gown? (St John's btw)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, and if they have brought a gown with them they should wear it. If not then it's not a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Yes, and if they have brought a gown with them they should wear it. If not then it's not a problem.
    So they can just wear a suit (assuming they don't own a gown) out should they borrow one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by aersh8)
    So they can just wear a suit (assuming they don't own a gown) out should they borrow one?
    Suit's fine.

ReputationRep:
    Suit's fine.
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Omigosh you do three sciences at HL :eek:

I'm revising Physics SL right now and I'm struggling. I seriously admire you, I don't know how you do it!

Mine is 42 776. I'm not so concerned of the 42 as I am of the 776. I'm worried that I'll end up getting a 5 in French .

Surely you could ask your school what they predicted you?
    Haha thanks applied for vetmed, so science is fun for me. But i completely agree, physics is a pain.

I did ask, but they just said they couldn't tell me

Good luck meeting your offer! I'm sure you'll make it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email from future supervisor saying that I should drop any A-levels not included in my offer and now I'm conflicted arghh
    We're literally a week away from finishing the content but I think I might have to (
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by cerlohee)
    Just got an email from future supervisor saying that I should drop any A-levels not included in my offer and now I'm conflicted arghh
    We're literally a week away from finishing the content but I think I might have to (
    That's odd. What about your insurance? And what if you want to complete them - seems a waste of a year's studying if you don't at least take the exams at this late stage.

ReputationRep:
    That's odd. What about your insurance? And what if you want to complete them - seems a waste of a year's studying if you don't at least take the exams at this late stage.
    It was more "you've done so much, don't fall at the last hurdle" so didn't sound that weird but idk.
    I don't care much about my insurance cos I don't wanna go there!
    That's what I'm thinking but so much revision is needed for biology (probably more than the other 4 combined) so maybe it's for the best? :/

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing any easy subjects? I.e critical thinking? If so maybe drop those? Dont drop any academic subjects unless you aren't confident of surpassing your entrance requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Email the person that's going to be your DoS and ask them.

ReputationRep:
    Well just sit the exams anyway, just don't let then distract you from the others

Sure you can still pull an A out the bag in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    Are you doing any easy subjects? I.e critical thinking? If so maybe drop those? Dont drop any academic subjects unless you aren't confident of surpassing your entrance requirements.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, bio chem maths physics and fm as, would drop bio. I'm not really that confident of surpassing, although I'm hoping to. It's just that there's SO MUCH to know for biology and I've done the fun learning part, now would just be revision? Idkkk

(Original post by alow)
    Email the person that's going to be your DoS and ask them.
    Oh yeal lol sorry it was my DoS that emailed me :/

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeal lol sorry it was my DoS that emailed me :/
    If you don't want to do it, don't bother then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    I don't want to take our chemistry exam this year can I drop it!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    (Original post by Goods)
    I don't want to take our chemistry exam this year can I drop it!?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you guys speak irl? :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.