Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanilla Cupcake)
    I think it's going to be HWSF, mainly because I prefer the location and the fact I can do French. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I personally wanna go HWSF, for the same reasons as you; I prefer the location and I want to do chemistry. But my dad likes the fact that it's a maths school (kings) and that I can get 50% off travel and a windows tablet. So I'm yet to finalise my decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onanwo)
    Yeah it isn't a grammar school and from what I've heard, the open day was really good even though a lot of people were nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah I just read that they aren't because they have the admissions criteria with FSM etc so therefore, it's just selective. What was the building/departments like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thedaniellamary)
    yeah I just read that they aren't because they have the admissions criteria with FSM etc so therefore, it's just selective. What was the building/departments like?
    From what I saw, the building was pretty big though I don't know exactly how big it was. However, it must be pretty big seeing as they have accepted 450 people for 1 year group and have classes below a size of 30 students...

The classrooms also seemed nice and well equipped with textbooks lol, and the whole place looked relatively modern. I vaguely remember the head teacher mentioning something about air conditioning...

ReputationRep:
    hey, just a question - ive applied to HWSF as a late applicant so what would happen? ie, would i be put on a waiting list or would i also do the entrance exams and interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanaferdous)
    hey, just a question - ive applied to HWSF as a late applicant so what would happen? ie, would i be put on a waiting list or would i also do the entrance exams and interview?
    I think it depends when you applied, I was a late applicant (I applied in January) and I did the entrance exam (after the majority) and interviewed on the same day as everybody else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I also got an offer with 531 , congrats to everyone also! Thank you Jesus!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I've just received my offer letter and it says I got a score of 445. I'm not sure how it could be possible as I'm in the fourth group (never been looked after, never have been on free school meals, never lived within greater London). Could that possibly be a mistake?
    I thought my tests and interview went really good.
    Anyone got any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marivic)
    Hi everyone! I've just received my offer letter and it says I got a score of 445. I'm not sure how it could be possible as I'm in the fourth group (never been looked after, never have been on free school meals, never lived within greater London). Could that possibly be a mistake?
    I thought my tests and interview went really good.
    Anyone got any ideas?
    The letter does say offers have only been made to the applicants in the first 3 groups so it may be a mistake also the score required to get an offer was 465 (if you're free school meals) and 493 (if you're not but live in greater london) so your score also isn't enough to get in. But of course I'm only recalling what was said on the letter so it is better to call the school and ask about your application.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if jeans are allowed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amarocks88)
    I'm going to have to go shopping in the summer for a suit and formal shoes.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they are. I'm going to have to go shopping in the summer big time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Very late post but I got in with a score of 546 last week

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Let's all take a moment to appreciate that we'll be studying in Westminster next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately you're not allowed to wear jeans or trainers. Girls are also not allowed to show their shoulders and boys are required to wear a tie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirshtaaay)
    Unfortunately you're not allowed to wear jeans or trainers. Girls are also not allowed to show their shoulders and boys are required to wear a tie.
    What do most people wear?

ReputationRep:
    What do most people wear?
    Maybe if you have a look at the school's newsletter you'll see some pictures of students and you can see their outfits. That's what I did, just give you an idea of what some people wear there etc. I was a bit upset when it didn't mention that you could wear dresses 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thedaniellamary)
    Maybe if you have a look at the school's newsletter you'll see some pictures of students and you can see their outfits. That's what I did, just give you an idea of what some people wear there etc. I was a bit upset when it didn't mention that you could wear dresses 😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah because I want to know what clothes i have to shop for in the summer I don't want to dress too formally if everyone is going to wear smart casual clothes

ReputationRep:
    Yeah because I want to know what clothes i have to shop for in the summer I don't want to dress too formally if everyone is going to wear smart casual clothes
    Yeah, they have their dress code online which says that they want you to dress like how you would in the workplace

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Couscousisnice)
    Let's all take a moment to appreciate that we'll be studying in Westminster next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep can't wait to leave crappy isleworth/Hounslow!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.