Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightice)
    I know it was a cakewalk of a game, but Ozil looked incredible today. So lucky to have such a pure footballer at our club
    I remember it was only a few months before Ozzzzzzzzziillll got injured people wanted him out either sold to Bayern for about 35mil or be on the bench :/ Some fans are really two-faced and deluded tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I hope we do indeed retain this cup :ahee:
    LOOOOL Bradford tho, ******* BRADFORD THO. Bradford gonna draw you, Bradford gonna be at home....

.....Brraad times.

(I'd actually really like this fixture, they've done so well, they deserve to be knocked out, assuming no upset, by the team which will win this thing)

ReputationRep:
    Just got back, great job lads! #roadtowembleycontinues can't wait to see the highlights, I hope we do indeed retain this cup :ahee:
    *#Wemberlin2015

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    I remember it was only a few months before Ozzzzzzzzziillll got injured people wanted him out either sold to Bayern for about 35mil or be on the bench :/ Some fans are really two-faced and deluded tbh.
    This is so completely random but it that you in the avatar?

Also somebody please tell me, how was Gabriel today? Heard he got a yellow which I don't mind about tbh but how was his debut overall.

(Original post by joey11223)
    LOOOOL Bradford tho, ******* BRADFORD THO. Bradford gonna draw you, Bradford gonna be at home....

.....Brraad times.

(I'd actually really like this fixture, they've done so well, they deserve to be knocked out, assuming no upset, by the team which will win this thing)
    Bradford ****ing city are just rocking over premier league teams like dons. I'd rather get West Brom than Bradford ngl. Best case scenario would be Reading at home though :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    This is so completely random but it that you in the avatar?

Also somebody please tell me, how was Gabriel today? Heard he got a yellow which I don't mind about tbh but how was his debut overall.

Bradford ****ing city are just rocking over premier league teams like dons. I'd rather get West Brom than Bradford ngl. Best case scenario would be Reading at home though :ahee:
    Yepp m'lady .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    Yepp m'lady .
    Ayye cute

ReputationRep:
    Ayye cute
    Thank you
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If they get a home tie they'll win, that pitch is a bloody disgrace. Would any Arsenal fan want to see their injury prone players playing on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    If they get a home tie they'll win, that pitch is a bloody disgrace. Would any Arsenal fan want to see their injury prone players playing on this?
    I find the whole 'the pitch is to blame' a bit of a cop-out in all honesty. These are professional players that have spent all their life playing on all types of surfaces. They're not made of glass, hell 40 years ago those pitches were the norm for the top flight.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    I find the whole 'the pitch is to blame' a bit of a cop-out in all honesty. These are professional players that have spent all their life playing on all types of surfaces. They're not made of glass, hell 40 years ago those pitches were the norm for the top flight.
    Premier League football pitches these days are in immaculate condition, even the training grounds have top quality pitches. Arsenal's is probably the best in the country. You really think someone like Ozil, Sanchez or Giroud will have played on a bog like that in their recent past? It would completely nullify their ability to play their normal game as well as heavily increasing the risk of injury, whereas Bradford have dealt with it all season.

They may have been the norm in the 70s but so were leather footballs that were rock solid, uncomfortable boots with steel studs hammered in, players having a cigarette or a drink the night before and barely training for matches. You can't compare what happened then to the modern day.

ReputationRep:
    They're not made of glass
    Wilshere is, can confirm.

(Original post by sr90)
    x
    How are they even allowed to carry on playing on surfaces like that. Surely there are some kind of set standards. I swear my council's local football club's pitch is a million times better than that.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wilshere is, can confirm.

How are they even allowed to carry on playing on surfaces like that. Surely there are some kind of set standards. I swear my council's local football club's pitch is a million times better than that.
    I'm not sure what the rules are tbh but it happens every year. This is Blackpool's one

ReputationRep:
    Wow those pitches are awful.

Tbh would rather we get drawn Liverpool at home this round then united in the semi that way when we smash them and win the cup no one can do the bull**** of last year and say we didn't beat a "big" team despite beating 2nd 5th 6th and holders....

ReputationRep:
    What disgraceful pitches honestly. Arsenal groundsmen are world class in my books.

(Original post by leinad2012)
    Wow those pitches are awful.

Tbh would rather we get drawn Liverpool at home this round then united in the semi that way when we smash them and win the cup no one can do the bull**** of last year and say we didn't beat a "big" team despite beating 2nd 5th 6th and holders....
    Are you cray cray?! :eek: that would be such a risk! Best case scenario would be for them to draw each other, United get knocked out, Liverpool get Bradford away next round, they get knocked out and boom :cool:

ReputationRep:
    What disgraceful pitches honestly. Arsenal groundsmen are world class in my books.

Are you cray cray?! :eek: that would be such a risk! Best case scenario would be for them to draw each other, United get knocked out, Liverpool get Bradford away next round, they get knocked out and boom :cool:
    The only issue is that the semis are at Wembley so Bradford wouldn't have home advantage. I dontncare who we face bar Bradford away, everyone is beatable with our team playing like this

ReputationRep:
    The only issue is that the semis are at Wembley so Bradford wouldn't have home advantage. I dontncare who we face bar Bradford away, everyone is beatable with our team playing like this
    Mate we do not want utd home or away we're gonna end up losing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Mate we do not want utd home or away we're gonna end up losing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Knowing united in their current form they'll end up losing tomorrow 4 the lulz. They're away as well aren't they?

Tbh united are a curse team for us, but we cab beat them, just need to do what we did to city and break the spell

ReputationRep:
    I honestly believe we could rock up to old Trafford 50 games unbeaten with a full fit team vs an injury ravaged utd playing Valencia McNair Young as a 3 man defence and we'd still lose 1-0 via a flukey deflection after de Gea makes 37 saves.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I think their tissues may in fact be part glass, a psychological cause which results in physical change. For example you may have witnessed the interesting occurrence of a player having contact on their leg from another player, yet reacting by launching themselves over and clutching at their face, rolling in agony. Now my theory is that in "diving" in this way, they actually begin to convince themselves a light tap to the thigh actually does cause one to fly 2 feet from the ground and a shock wave of pain actually does cause intense pain to the facial region. Because this becomes so ingrained the skeletal structure actually begins to weaken, the body assumes any contact from another human or a leather ball will damage them, no matter how minor, and so it actually does so. *takes off glasses*

You also have the interesting issue of players being "tired", lets say a team plays twice, god forbid thrice in a week. Players become very tired, too tired to play football, they must rest so they can play again. Now one might assume very athletic young men could in fact cope with a game of football, some for 45 mins, then a break, then 45 mins, some for less as they don't play a whole game. Some may point to Sunday league games where men have full time jobs, often as say physical laborers, yet play a few games, some do a 10 hr shift and then...go and play an evening game. Of course not to the same standard, but these are not athletes with a full training program in their prime. But one would be very wrong, for you see if Sanchez had to play...more than two games in a single week, his leg would literally snap in the third game, because it would be far too "tired". One treatment is to show them how much they earn per hour, how much they earn while asleep etc, still, it cannot always help them when they're just so tired.

....aaaah :cool:.

Seriously though got to agree, sure it's not what you're used to, but surely going up the clubs you experience these pitches? Also to be frank, **** pitch means lower league team. So what if you're on their turf, their turf is difficult for them as well, and you're a couple of leagues ahead, so really a little mud cannot be excuse when you have rings run around you and really you just have to bow your heads in shame Sunderland because....oops dropped a name there.

ReputationRep:
    Knowing united in their current form they'll end up losing tomorrow 4 the lulz. They're away as well aren't they?

Tbh united are a curse team for us, but we cab beat them, just need to do what we did to city and break the spell
    Oh careful or you'll iniate a speech from sr90 dictating why that isn't possible.
    Don't want United in this cup at all, only place I'd like to meet them is in the final. And yeah they've got Preston away tomorrow, live on BBC one for all the nation to see if they somehow **** up.

(Original post by Dr. Django)
    I honestly believe we could rock up to old Trafford 50 games unbeaten with a full fit team vs an injury ravaged utd playing Valencia McNair Young as a 3 man defence and we'd still lose 1-0 via a flukey deflection after de Gea makes 37 saves.
    Exactly this. We could be the most dominant team, having chance after chance, save after save from de gea but in the 85th minute we'd concede a flimsy rvp goal and go crashing out. No thanks Jeff.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.