Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhanihk)
    For the 6 mark question on the effect of anxiety on EWT, did Loftus' Weapon-Focus effect study count?
    Yeah it does

ReputationRep:
    Was Loftus' weapon focus effect ok to talk about for the ewt question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how much detail did you have to give when describing the MSM did you have to mention all of the studies behind encoding, duration and capacity e.g. baddeley, peterson and peterson? bc I felt like that was a lot of detail for just 6 marks. roughly what kind of things did you have to mention for 6 marks?

ReputationRep:
    what does 100 UMS mean>??

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I have a question. Do you get mark's for any points you've put in your essay plan but didn't get a chance to write? That kinda happened to me with the Bowlby question today. I put down 3/5 points I had in my plan

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shay0812)
    how much detail did you have to give when describing the MSM did you have to mention all of the studies behind encoding, duration and capacity e.g. baddeley, peterson and peterson? bc I felt like that was a lot of detail for just 6 marks. roughly what kind of things did you have to mention for 6 marks?
    No that would be research into the MSM. You just needed to outline the theory of the MSM e.g. the sensory store, the STM and how it encodes, it's duration and capacity and the LTM and how it encodes, it's duration and capacity. Also how information is transferred and forgotten e.g. decay/displaced

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirin1)
    I think higher as the majority of people I've spoke to found it easier but you never know

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you think it's possible for an A to be 80% and so on?

ReputationRep:
    For the MSM I talked about how the model works with info being passed on to STM etc. I also mentioned the differences between capacity and encoding in STM AND LTM with the researchers but didn't go into detail with the studies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cfb4)
    What did you guys put about the difference between insecure-avoidant and insecure-attachment
    IA-willing to explore, don't react when mother leaves, low stranger anxiety and avoid contact on her return
    IR- unwilling to explore, very distressed on separation (high separation anxiety), high stranger anxiety and both seek and reject on mothers return and not easily soothed

ReputationRep:
    Guys for memory improvement, I put organisation into a story, do you think this may count?

ReputationRep:
    for the random sample qs i said it involves no researcher bias as all members of target population have an equal chance of selection would this get two marks?? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBlueBiro)
    Hey guys I have a question. Do you get mark's for any points you've put in your essay plan but didn't get a chance to write? That kinda happened to me with the Bowlby question today. I put down 3/5 points I had in my plan

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If your points are sentences, possibly. If not you probably wont

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kanyag)
    For the 6 mark EWT question could you have written about Christianson & Hubinette?
    Yeah I guess you can I wrote down the study of Loftus

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloenew23)
    what does 100 UMS mean>??
    Basically full marks
    80 UMS = A
    70 UMS = B
    60 UMS = C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rik21)
    If your points are sentences, possibly. If not you probably wont
    Ah too bad. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does the Minnesota and McCarthy case study count when evaluating Bowlby? Please answer, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotoriousDEN)
    I learnt it as Loftus, but I'm sure it doesnt matter if they both done a similar piece of research.
    Johnson and Scott carried out the study of the weapon focus effect but Loftus et al studied and found that eye movements do actually focus on the weapon.

For the EWT I referred to it as the Johnson and Scott study

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shay0812)
    I just spoke about the three stores, how information moves between them, and then how each one encodes, the capacity and the duration. I also mentioned the rehearsal loop and drew a diagram of the model.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmacls12)
    IA-willing to explore, don't react when mother leaves, low stranger anxiety and avoid contact on her return
    IR- unwilling to explore, very distressed on separation (high separation anxiety), high stranger anxiety and both seek and reject on mothers return and not easily soothed
    Would this get 4 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A few queries of mine:

Firstly, do they knock marks off if you've done "too much"?

Secondly, for the question about how to conduct a random sample, was it appropriate to describe two different ways? (I did putting all names into a hat and another way is using a random number generator)

Thirdly, Loftus was an appropriate study for anxiety, right?

Fourthly and lastly, I kind of waffled on the 12-marker and wrote evaluation points such as reductionism and determinism. Are these creditworthy?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.