This discussion is closed.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
Yeah, and even if it does it'll fail horribly.
Yeh, well, considering it'd pretty much be UKIP going for Aye, and the rest of the house going Nay, he'll be fine!
Blue Meltwater
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So glad I didn't run for Speaker. On the off chance that I'd won I would have had to deal with all this crap.
I certainly couldn't do it. The House's speakers deserve the highest praise for all the work they do, and everything they have to deal with.
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
Yeh, well, considering it'd pretty much be UKIP going for Aye, and the rest of the house going Nay, he'll be fine!
Hurrah for Birch.

Attached files
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hurrah for Birch.
PRSOM
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hurrah for Birch.

Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha, I don't know, could be quite fun - as long as you don't care what people think, then it'd be cool

The VoNC that some UKIP members have said they're going to put through for Birch will never go through anyway...
Neb tried to have Faland removed last term and failed.

These things are more about him finding out who his supporters are i feel, unless he's incredibly principled then he can't actually think it's a good strategic idea to go after every speaker.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)

These things are more about him finding out who his supporters are i feel, unless he's incredibly principled then he can't actually think it's a good strategic idea to go after every speaker.
If that's true then he'll find his pool of supporters dwindle every term...
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Strategically I don't think it matters. Voting will be voting on the issue and the Speaker, and I don't think they will vote against a VoNC just because nebel is behind it.

Can he do that though? Since UKIP are not allowed to submit bills and motions now.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Little Toy Gun)
Strategically I don't think it matters. Voting will be voting on the issue and the Speaker, and I don't think they will vote against a VoNC just because nebel is behind it.

Can he do that though? Since UKIP are not allowed to submit bills and motions now.
I would've thought they would be able to, as long as they get it seconded properly...
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would've thought they would be able to, as long as they get it seconded properly...
I think they may need to get it submitted by non-UKIP MPs. PMBs should still be counted under the ban since they get their MP status due to being a member of the party.
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

I don't care what others think in this place, i don't need or want supporters. UKIP have enough MPs to put forward a VONC (unless there are other requirements).

I know a VONC won't pass but it is about making a statement.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)
I don't care what others think in this place, i don't need or want supporters. UKIP have enough MPs to put forward a VONC (unless there are other requirements).

I know a VONC won't pass but it is about making a statement.
You need a seconder from another party, 2 other parties I think.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would LOL so hard if Birch ruled that UKIPs items ban extended to submitting VONCs XD
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
You need a seconder from another party, 2 other parties I think.
Well then i'm screwed.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would LOL so hard if Birch ruled that UKIPs items ban extended to submitting VONCs XD
I'd hope everyone else would then VONC him because if he removes the right to vonc him he might as well become a full blown dictator.
Blue Meltwater
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That would certainly be amusing! Although I think UKIP ought to have that right remain to them, even if that would be the worst way they could go about appealing the decision.
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
VoNCs are motions though, so surely the ban extends to that?

And there won't be an issue of the Speaker stopping a revolt against himself because other parties can always submit a VoNC if they think the decision was unjust.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Blue Meltwater)
That would certainly be amusing! Although I think UKIP ought to have that right remain to them, even if that would be the worst way they could go about appealing the decision.
Haha, yeh - a VoNC against Birch will never stand, that's if they can get it - do you know about whether it's other party members that need to second it?
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha, yeh - a VoNC against Birch will never stand, that's if they can get it - do you know about whether it's other party members that need to second it?
It needs members from 3 parties to support the move. It won't happen.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
It needs members from 3 parties to support the move. It won't happen.
Oh wow - I didn't know that...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (10)
6.76%
They might tell the bully (16)
10.81%
I don't think they'd understand (26)
17.57%
It might lead to more bullying (55)
37.16%
There's nothing they could do (41)
27.7%

Watched Threads