Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    It should be 3.6J because the equation is Ek = 1/2 * mass * speed^2

I don't remember the distance q, what was it?
    Damn it!! i forgot to half it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smile Generator)
    I put B, because it accelerated then levelled off, so i thought that showed terminal velocity... idk for sure though
    Would have to reach 0 though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    Wow I wasn't taught that. Thanks anyway. How did people get 3.6 and 7.2?
    kinetic energy= 1/2 x mass x velocity squared
    So its 1/2 x 0.05 x 12^2= 3.6 J

Ek= Ep

Ep= mass x gravitational field strength x height
    3.6= 0.05 x 10 x height
    u needed to find the height so

Height= 3.6/(0.05x10)
    = 7.2m

Hope that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morrissies)
    on P2 can anyone explain the graph for the rocket?
    People are saying either B or C but I just can't understand why it isn't A.
    The question said choose the graph that shows how velocity changes as the rocket falls until just after it hits the ground. surely when it hits the ground velocity would have to be 0, because it's no longer moving, and graph A was the only one that finished at the x axis - 0 ????
    This is what I was confused about! I put B (I think) because as the rocket falls, it acts like the parachutist that we learn about so the speed starts off low and it gets faster and faster bc it accelerates, until terminal velocity is reached and only B and C showed terminal velocity if I remember correctly. But I do understand where you're coming from as only A got to 0, but it showed a constantly decreasing speed when I feel it should have been increasing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdalla__67)
    nice prediction!
    hehe, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Not_a_horse)
    I think the mass was 0.05 and the speed was 12.
    Yeah you're provabaly right, seen so many numbers today I can't remember them all aha

ReputationRep:
    If i got the wrong answer for one part and used the same wrong answer in the next part will I still get the marks??

ReputationRep:
    Is there an unofficial mark scheme yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jjohnson919)
    Would have to reach 0 though
    hmm, that's a good point...
    Wait, what shape was graph A?

ReputationRep:
    If i got the wrong answer for one part and used the same wrong answer in the next part will I still get the marks??
    You'll probably get error carried forward, if you did the right method for the second part

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amymcavoy22)
    Yeah that's what most people got, I put 0.6 but I'm 99% I got that one wrong so I'm pretty jealous of your likely success right now
    Peak. I'm kicking myself right now cause I thought I wa being clever by change 0.05 to 50 when it should've stayed as 0.05.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    This is what I was confused about! I put B (I think) because as the rocket falls, it acts like the parachutist that we learn about so the speed starts off low and it gets faster and faster bc it accelerates, until terminal velocity is reached and only B and C showed terminal velocity if I remember correctly. But I do understand where you're coming from as only A got to 0, but it showed a constantly decreasing speed when I feel it should have been increasing.
    I put B too because it showed that the velocity increased rapidly and then levelled out to reach terminal velocity on the graph

ReputationRep:
    that's what ive done too- im fairly certain that u only get penalised once for the wrong answer, so im p sure u will be fine so long as u used the right method

ReputationRep:
    Graph A was just a straight, diagonal line
    I was unsure about all the options honestly because I didn't think it would fall at a constant velocity (which is what A showed) but none of the others hit the ground at 0 so I'm completely baffled by it

ReputationRep:
    You'll probably get error carried forward, if you did the right method for the second part
    That's a relief because I was aiming to not lose more than 15 marks

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

House please

ReputationRep:
    Can't really remember if I'm honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jjohnson919)
    Peak. I'm kicking myself right now cause I thought I wa being clever by change 0.05 to 50 when it should've stayed as 0.05.
    I'm kicking myself right now because I forgot to square the velocity like that's probably the most stupid mistake to possibly make 😫

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morrissies)
    Graph A was just a straight, diagonal line
    I was unsure about all the options honestly because I didn't think it would fall at a constant velocity (which is what A showed) but none of the others hit the ground at 0 so I'm completely baffled by it
    Exactly what I was thinking

ReputationRep:
    so worried i hope it's around 46 or 47 for an A*, does anyone have a good idea of what the boundary could be?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.