Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Derveaux rejection received

Auto-miscorrect sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boomerang-Pup)
    Derveaux rejection received

Auto-miscorrect sorry
    I am also the unhappy recipient of a rejection.

ReputationRep:
    😩😞
    (Original post by charcoalfeathers)
    I emailed them and received a response around noon today that basically we would hear back regarding our application either today or tomorrow. So you should know by the end of tomorrow either way! It's so fun waiting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charcoalfeathers)
    I emailed them and received a response around noon today that basically we would hear back regarding our application either today or tomorrow. So you should know by the end of tomorrow either way! It's so fun waiting...
    Thanks for the info, keep the hope alive until the end of tomorrow then I guess!

ReputationRep:
    I have my first, first round interview coming up at KBW Chambers. I was just wondering what to expect for an advocacy exercise?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from:

3PB
    4 Stone Buildings (post request for references)
    Thomas More
    One Essex Court (since it moved to assessment (and back))

?

ReputationRep:
    Enterprise has changed to interview but I haven't had an email. Anyone else in that boat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozziebc)
    Anyone heard from:3PB4 Stone Buildings (post request for references)Thomas MoreOne Essex Court (since it moved to assessment (and back))?
    One Essex Court: gateway email last Thursday with an invite to interview.

(Original post by Radebe91)
    Enterprise has changed to interview but I haven't had an email. Anyone else in that boat?
    Nothing from Enterprise since the Gateway change earlier today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radebe91)
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozziebc)
    Anyone heard from:

3PB
    4 Stone Buildings (post request for references)
    Thomas More
    One Essex Court (since it moved to assessment (and back))

?
    Nothing from the first three. Didn't apply to OEC, so can't help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Best guppy)
    Nothing from the first three. Didn't apply to OEC, so can't help.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Excuse my ignorance, but this is a bit of a general advice/interest set of questions.

As someone who is considering a GDL and BPTC in the future, what is the deal with pupillages?

Can they be taken all around the country? A quick look through here suggests a dominance of London areas?

If one is to undertake a GDL and BPTC, when would the time arise to apply for such a situation. Just to give a time line; I will finish current degree Sept 2017, One Year GDL (2017-2018) and BTPC until 2019. When would I be looking to apply at all these institutions?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lidia89)
    Was it a personalised email ? I am thinking whether they are sending responses in alphabetical order 😕
    It was personalised, so hold the faith!

ReputationRep:
    Carmelite GW change to "first interview" but no email or date/time selection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D.C2742)
    Excuse my ignorance, but this is a bit of a general advice/interest set of questions.

As someone who is considering a GDL and BPTC in the future, what is the deal with pupillages?

Can they be taken all around the country? A quick look through here suggests a dominance of London areas?

If one is to undertake a GDL and BPTC, when would the time arise to apply for such a situation. Just to give a time line; I will finish current degree Sept 2017, One Year GDL (2017-2018) and BTPC until 2019. When would I be looking to apply at all these institutions?

Thanks!

Some chambers recruit for the upcoming year and others a year in advance.

All chambers/pupillage providers have to advertise pupillages on a website called 'pupillage gateway'. Whether they use the centralised application system or their own recruitment process is up to them.

If you were BPTC year ending 2019 I would recommend keeping an eye on the gateway, use it as an opportunity or inspiration to apply for mini pupillages, and then in your GDL year begin actually actively applying for the 2019 pupillage start dates. These threads are great for giving a heads up and support for what to expect at interview. Best of luck to you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeordieBar)
    I have my first, first round interview coming up at KBW Chambers. I was just wondering what to expect for an advocacy exercise?
    Can I ask whether this is KBW in Leeds, and if so have they sent out interview emails? My gateway is still showing assessment.

ReputationRep:
    2TG rejections out via PG email

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BarStudent)
    Can I ask whether this is KBW in Leeds, and if so have they sent out interview emails? My gateway is still showing assessment.
    It is, and they got sent out Sunday with a date, and you had to call to arrange a time. PG also changed. That being said my gateway changed from applied to first interview with nothing else, so read into that what you will. Best wishes

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything from 3RB post first round?

From my side still waiting to hear from:
    Matrix
    Temple Garden
    Outer Temple
    9 Gough Sq
    5 Essex Ct
    Six Pump Ct
    3 Hare Ct
    39 Essex

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from 5STA, Red Lion, & 9-12 Bell Yard?

My gateway all still says "applied". Getting a bit worried now 😢😭

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.