The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S_12345
If you begin a cover letter with Dear X recruitment team, do you sign it with yours sincerely or faithfully. ?
I signed one with sincerely and online it says unless you have the specific name, do faithfully?

Yeah as Comm says, nobody actually reads your cover letter. It's just to deter lazy people from shooting their CV out to everyone.
anyone know how long DB usually take to get back to you after completing the numerical test.
Original post by lewiskh97
Did you manage to sort this out? I'm having the same problem, I can't use the email I used to apply for spring weeks last year.

They replied a couple of days ago telling me "make sure you're using our new portal. If any other problem arises, let us know".

I replied again to them on the same day that I was using the right portal and everything but still I had that issue. No further reply yet.
Original post by Commercial Paper
I always do faithfully although I agree that these cover letters will be screened so quickly probably no one will notice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's lucky then, thanks!
Does anybody know good resources to find past deals banks have worked on?

I've been watching the M&A thing on Reuters and have FT, but struggling to find previous deals
Original post by S_12345
Does anybody know good resources to find past deals banks have worked on?

I've been watching the M&A thing on Reuters and have FT, but struggling to find previous deals

Same issue here. My mate used to let me use his Merger Market subscription but its expired now. If you can get access to it, by far the best resource going.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just finished Lazard situational judgement and haven't received verbal/numerical invites yet. Is it a bad sign or does it usually take a while?
Original post by egdargi
Just finished Lazard situational judgement and haven't received verbal/numerical invites yet. Is it a bad sign or does it usually take a while?

they wait to send out the verbal after you complete the sjt
Original post by Commercial Paper
Same issue here. My mate used to let me use his Merger Market subscription but its expired now. If you can get access to it, by far the best resource going.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just took a look; it looks expensive haha. i would of thought they'd want to advertise their deals as a selling point
This probably won't generate a response but has anyone received a rejection after completing MS tests?

I feel as thought they take everything into consideration and do not have a threshold. And if they do, they don't reject you until they've finished recruiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Flourish RY
they wait to send out the verbal after you complete the sjt

How long after you completed the SJT did you receive the verbal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone done the UBS Trading interview today? How was it?
Original post by egdargi
How long after you completed the SJT did you receive the verbal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i did the verbal on a saturday,

got the invite to the verbal sunday morning.
on the MS IBD/GCM application where is asks you to list up to 6 groups, is it better to choose less or choose all 6?
Original post by Phoebe29
on the MS IBD/GCM application where is asks you to list up to 6 groups, is it better to choose less or choose all 6?

I have v little experience and no idea what they'd want, but in my app I listed five areas of particular interest then just put the 'I'd be happy anywhere option at the end'. Seemed reasonable at the time.

Original post by dasu95
This probably won't generate a response but has anyone received a rejection after completing MS tests?

I feel as thought they take everything into consideration and do not have a threshold. And if they do, they don't reject you until they've finished recruiting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't feel like my test went brill but I haven't been rejected yet. I vaguely remember someone posted several dozen pages back saying they were rejected after three days though.
Original post by Deltasierra27

good luck. hope yours went well

Do you get confirmation of pass or fail the test after you do it?
Original post by TheParham
Do you get confirmation of pass or fail the test after you do it?

No confirmation, just invite to interview
No confirmation, just invite to interview

sick, phone or e-mail and if you got one may i ask how long after you submitted test?
Reply 1639
had a decent 20 phone chat with a MS MD, then during the (long) mail exchange we are still having he suggested to apply for SA position despite the fact that I completed my MSc at the end of July. After completing both Logical and Numerical I sent a mail saying I submitted the application with the not-so-hidden intention of a good word or something for a Phone at least. The answer was "good luck with your application, let me know the outcome".

Except for an opinion from you all on whether he actually helped/will help me (I really hope but I don't know if he can actually fast track me for a 1st round interview), my situation is the following: graduated, no internship, maximum grade. Should I look for Grad Role or I may be able to apply for SA in some banks ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending