UKCAT 2008 Thread Watch

Kinkerz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Leicester take your lowest score that you got in the individual sections and give it a score out of five.
<400 = 1/5
400+ = 2/5
500+ = 3/5
600+ = 4/5
700+ = 5/5

Not really sure about the others
bean87
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
just wondering, looking at the e-mail from leicester about UKCAT. i got 700 average, does that give me 5/5 or 4/5. technically the e-mail says greater than 700
Myoclonic Jerk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bean87)
just wondering, looking at the e-mail from leicester about UKCAT. i got 700 average, does that give me 5/5 or 4/5. technically the e-mail says greater than 700
Average means nothing. It looks at your lowest score ( "All scores over 700" ).
mj2
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
OK i am realllly scared right now..ive just done the QR section on the UKCAT website and found it impossible. Is this a true representation of the real thing, or is it any eaiser?
Myoclonic Jerk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mj2)
OK i am realllly scared right now..ive just done the QR section on the UKCAT website and found it impossible. Is this a true representation of the real thing, or is it any eaiser?
Real thing is much easier, at least in the experiences of most people I've spoken to / read on here.
crazylemon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mj2)
Its easier in the test, well was for me
Chrrams
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mj2)
It's... a little easier, but not much; most people don't finish the section, which demonstrates its difficulty. I only answered 14 and I got 770 for QR so I wouldn't worry about not finishing.
Kinkerz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Chrrams
That is some hardcore academia + UKCAT. God almighty!
Medicine Man
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ahhhh
abstarct reasoning on the website is hard!!!! - just got 30/65 - i'm crap at it!!!
and just got 18/26 on the decision!! - this is mental!!
and my exam is tomorrow!!
I'm just gonna stop this, its demoralising!!:P
Chrrams
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kinkerz)
Chrrams
That is some hardcore academia + UKCAT. God almighty!
Thanks! It's a rare thing to hear academia to be described as hardcore, but I like it! Lol

(Original post by Medicine Man)
ahhhh
abstarct reasoning on the website is hard!!!! - just got 30/65 - i'm crap at it!!!
Don't worry about it. Nobody knows how they score the UKCAT; you never know, your scores may actually be very high! Well... to an extent! I found AR to be much easier in the test. Just to finish it on the online test is worth some credit...
Medicine Man
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Chrrams)
Thanks! It's a rare thing to hear academia to be described as hardcore, but I like it! Lol

Don't worry about it. Nobody knows how they score the UKCAT; you never know, your scores may actually be very high! Well... to an extent! I found AR to be much easier in the test. Just to finish it on the online test is worth some credit...
i guessed half of them!!
i just hope its easier tomorrow!!!
scaryhair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Medicine Man)
ahhhh
Don't worry about it, you will do amazingly I'm sure As long as you make sure you don't panic in the exam, the adrenaline will make you work a lot faster than usual.
In the exam, try to focus on the test and the test alone. Don't go worrying about your results, just put all your efforts into thinking about the questions. Stay calm, and use the one minute instruction breaks as a breather and time to clear your head of the previous section, no matter how it went.
If you do this, I'm sure you be more than fine With the DA, I found it really helpful to write down a shorthand translation of the code on the whiteboard, so when picking an answer you have something to refer to, and you don't have to keep on retranslating it. Don't worry about AR either. Just do your best, and I'm sure it'll be good enough
Medicine Man
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by scaryhair)
Don't worry about it, you will do amazingly I'm sure As long as you make sure you don't panic in the exam, the adrenaline will make you work a lot faster than usual.
In the exam, try to focus on the test and the test alone. Don't go worrying about your results, just put all your efforts into thinking about the questions. Stay calm, and use the one minute instruction breaks as a breather and time to clear your head of the previous section, no matter how it went.
If you do this, I'm sure you be more than fine With the DA, I found it really helpful to write down a shorthand translation of the code on the whiteboard, so when picking an answer you have something to refer to, and you don't have to keep on retranslating it. Don't worry about AR either. Just do your best, and I'm sure it'll be good enough
nice encouragement there!!
clairedelune
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
do you get marked on your accuracy, not just if you got something correct? - chrrams, who got 14 out of 40 and got 770 in QR

his mark seems too good to be true. i really hope that you don't have to answer all the questions, forsaking your accuracy. the panic is kicking in, mine's tomorrow
Kinkerz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Some say that the score you get corresponds with the number of correct answers in a row you get...
clairedelune
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kinkerz)
Some say that the score you get corresponds with the number of correct answers in a row you get...
wtf how does that make sense?
Kathryn128
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hello again, just wanted to know if anyone had seen this little bit of info from the UCAS site - am now well and truly confused :confused:

Additional admissions tests

Some universities and colleges require applicants applying for certain subjects to sit additional admissions tests as part of the admissions process. An up-to-date list of tests can be found here.

You should enter details for any admissions tests you have already taken with results and any you still need to take. (Please remember that all your chosen universities and colleges will see the qualifications you enter. Only certain universities and colleges require specific admissions tests for particular courses so when you provide details for an admissions test, you may give some indication of the universities, colleges and courses you have entered in the choices section of your application. The universities and colleges will not, however, have the details of any of the other institutions or courses you have chosen.)

I was under the impression that my UKCAT results would be sent to the unis, but now it would appear that I'm supposed to put it on there? Even if I do, in the result bit, do I put my total score, or my average??? I'll probably check with my school if we're still not sure.

xoxo
Holsy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Oh, well that complicates matters. Have they changed everything this year?
scaryhair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't think you need to put it on. The UKCAT website hasn't changed it's FAQ section; it still says they send the results off to universities.
Surely there would have been better coverage if this isn't the case and we have to send them off.

EDIT: Have sent the UKCAT people an email. Will update you all with the news when it comes.
Calumcalum
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You know there's one minute for the administration stuff... do we have to stay on that page the whole time or can we start the test? Is it worth reading it or is it identical to practice tests?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.44%
No - but I will (77)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (482)
47.86%

Watched Threads