Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Mechanical engineering at Imperial College!
    IC is killing me... I've been waiting for more than 3 months to receive a decision, and still did not get one!
    I sent the registry an email a week ago and they replied that they 'aim' to provide me with a decision by the end of March. I hope they do so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kutob)
    IC is killing me... I've been waiting for more than 3 months to receive a decision, and still did not get one!
    I sent the registry an email a week ago and they replied that they 'aim' to provide me with a decision by the end of March. I hope they do so!
    Not long to wait then hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kutob)
    HAH 3 months I've been waiting nearly 6 months!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_amro)
    One more day then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CCJ)
    One more day then.
    :nutcase:

ReputationRep:
    rejected

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel like doing this but...

Name: EmUIbA
    Course (deferred?): Mechanical Engineering with a Year Abroad (H304)
    GCSEs/equivalent: No idea, kind of 9.3 out of 10
    AS subjects + grades/equivalent: The same
    Predicted/actual subjects + grades: Predicted: 7 Physics SL, 7 Math HL, 7 Chemistry SL, 7 English B HL
    Other grades (UKCAT/AEA/STEP etc): 108 iBT TOEFL
    Decision: Unsuccessful

I guess it's because I study Physics SL and not HL, but HL is not available at my school and I'm also studying Physics for the national baccaulareate.

So sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmUIbA)

Predicted/actual subjects + grades: Predicted: 7 Physics SL, 7 Math HL, 7 Chemistry SL, 7 English B HL

I guess it's because I study Physics SL and not HL, but HL is not available at my school and I'm also studying Physics for the national baccaulareate.

So sad
    Sorry to hear about that... where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Any Mech Eng applicants waiting for a response?
    They tend to take ages to respond so just hang

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xinolisss)
    Sorry to hear about that... where else did you apply?
    Lougborough (I think it will be my Firm), Sheffield, Cardiff and King's (the real back-up).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by dadude)
    rejected
    Aww bad luck , I'm sure it'll be great wherever you do end up going though :awesome:.

ReputationRep:
    Name: Helena
    Course (deferred?): Bioengineering
    GCSEs/equivalent: 9.6 out of 10 (Spanish Secondary Education, check my profile if you want more info)
    AS subjects + grades/equivalent: 9.4 out of 10 (Spanish 1st Bachillerato, profile for info)
    Predicted/actual subjects + grades: 9.5 over 10 (overall Bachillerato)
    Other grades (UKCAT/AEA/STEP etc):
    Decision: Offer. 9.1 overall Bachillerato, with 9.3 average in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology.

Should be reachable... Not sure I'm firming though... with those same grades I can do Biotechnology in Salamanca so... just not sure. I love London, but I'm not sure I'll be OK studying there (will I be able to keep up? I've never studied seriously in English and I'm a bit worried about that), even if I do love London and like the course, I'd be living far from home (in Spain the usual thing is to go to a Uni near home, so...) I'm just not sure (but I'd love to firm it and to hell with it on the other hand).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puck_1991)
    I love London, but I'm not sure I'll be OK studying there (will I be able to keep up? I've never studied seriously in English and I'm a bit worried about that), even if I do love London and like the course, I'd be living far from home (in Spain the usual thing is to go to a Uni near home, so...) I'm just not sure (but I'd love to firm it and to hell with it on the other hand).
    go on, be more adventurous :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puck_1991)
    Name: Helena
    Course (deferred?): Bioengineering
    GCSEs/equivalent: 9.6 out of 10 (Spanish Secondary Education, check my profile if you want more info)
    AS subjects + grades/equivalent: 9.4 out of 10 (Spanish 1st Bachillerato, profile for info)
    Predicted/actual subjects + grades: 9.5 over 10 (overall Bachillerato)
    Other grades (UKCAT/AEA/STEP etc):
    Decision: Offer. 9.1 overall Bachillerato, with 9.3 average in Physics, Chemistry, Maths and Biology.

Should be reachable... Not sure I'm firming though... with those same grades I can do Biotechnology in Salamanca so... just not sure. I love London, but I'm not sure I'll be OK studying there (will I be able to keep up? I've never studied seriously in English and I'm a bit worried about that), even if I do love London and like the course, I'd be living far from home (in Spain the usual thing is to go to a Uni near home, so...) I'm just not sure (but I'd love to firm it and to hell with it on the other hand).

You can put imperial as firm in england and apply for the spanish unis separately and decide in sept! Going away from home is a new experience for me too but I'm sure it'll be worth it. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayshah31)
    Did they say they were going to make you an offer, if so, when?
    In october they said :
    We are pleased to have received your application from UCAS which we are carefully considering.

You will hear from us again in due course (please allow for the fact that, particularly during busy periods in the admissions cycle, you will need to be patient in waiting for a response) and we will be communicating with you by email so you must check your email account regularly. If you change your email address, postal address or telephone number, please update this information immediately on UCAS Track.

but i still haven't heard =S it has been 6 months..

ReputationRep:
    Name: ongyi
    Course: Chemical Engineering MEng (H801)
    GCSEs/equivalentSPM) 9A, 2B, 1C
    AS/equivalent subjects + grades: math-a, further math-a chemistry-a, physics-b, general paper-b
    Predicted grades: AAAA
    Other grades (BMAT/AEA/STEP etc): None
    Decision: Firm

Offer of AAA for Math, Chemistry and Physics

Any other Malaysians got offered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ongyi)
    Name: ongyi
    Course: Chemical Engineering MEng (H801)
    GCSEs/equivalentSPM) 9A, 2B, 1C
    AS/equivalent subjects + grades: math-a, further math-a chemistry-a, physics-b, general paper-b
    Predicted grades: AAAA
    Other grades (BMAT/AEA/STEP etc): None
    Decision: Firm

Offer of AAA for Math, Chemistry and Physics

Any other Malaysians got offered?
    yeap, I am a Malaysian guy...haha...just got the offer this morning!!

Course: Electrical and Electronic Engineering MEng (H604)
    GCSEs/equivalent: (SPM) 10A1 1A2
    A-level/equivalent: AAAA (Phy, Bio, Chem, Math)
    Other grades: None
    Decision: Hmm....

:woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I've been waiting for over 6 months (just)
    Processed: 29/09/08
    Today: 31/03/09
    However they did send me a nice confirmation email last november

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmUIbA)

So sad
    If you were rejected, then I will surely get rejected soon!
    Course: Mechanical Engineering (H301)
    IB Predicted: 6 Math HL, 6 Physics SL, 7 Chemistry HL, 6 English B HL, 6 Arabic A1 SL, 6 Economics SL, 3 Bonus marks (AA)
    TOEFL iBT: 101

Still waiting, fingers crossed and hoping to receive an offer (or an answer) sometime this year..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luminodreamer89)
    yeap, I am a Malaysian guy...haha...just got the offer this morning!!

Course: Electrical and Electronic Engineering MEng (H604)
    GCSEs/equivalent: (SPM) 10A1 1A2
    A-level/equivalent: AAAA (Phy, Bio, Chem, Math)
    Other grades: None
    Decision: Hmm....

:woo: :woo:
    Hey, you finished your A-Levels already? Or did you apply with STPM results? Anyway I just realized that the engineering faculty only sent out offers to Malaysian applicants starting yesterday. Pretty late right?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 26, 2010
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.