Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeritV)
    Hey everyone,

I promise that once exams are done I'll update the list of offer holders (even if it may take hours and hours) but right now I can't really do it Hang in there, 10 more days.
    You put us to shame!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucius)
    You put us to shame!
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jenny18)
    Never mind. I'll probably be making a similar mistake sometime in the future. Which college and subject are you (possibly, let's not jinx ourselves now, we're doing really well) going for?

You probably have already said, but that would require not being scared by technology and a basic ability to scan back across threads.
    History and English at St. Peter's - really looking forward to it, as long as I didn't screw up my History exam the other day. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcgovernjon)
    History and English at St. Peter's - really looking forward to it, as long as I didn't screw up my History exam the other day. What about you?
    English at Lincoln. I'm so excited!! We'll probably bump into each other in libraries etc...

By the way, I have seen your friend request and I am honestly trying to accept. Clicking on the words 'friend request' doesn't appear to be doing much, but I haven't given up hope yet!!

ReputationRep:
    English at Lincoln. I'm so excited!! We'll probably bump into each other in libraries etc...

By the way, I have seen your friend request and I am honestly trying to accept. Clicking on the words 'friend request' doesn't appear to be doing much, but I haven't given up hope yet!!
    Really? I've got a friend going to Lincoln so I'll probably be frequenting your college bar occasionally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcgovernjon)
    Really? I've got a friend going to Lincoln so I'll probably be frequenting your college bar occasionally.
    I've likewise got a friend going to Lincoln, so I daresay the same will be true of me I know people going to St Edmund Hall, Trinity, St Peters, Merton, Keble and Magdalene as well this year, I just wish they used TSR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucius)
    I've likewise got a friend going to Lincoln, so I daresay the same will be true of me I know people going to St Edmund Hall, Trinity, St Peters, Merton, Keble and Magdalene as well this year, I just wish they used TSR!
    Ooo this is exciting. This brings the number of people who I will have had a conversation with before I go up to...five. I think. No one from my school is going. So I'm just counting the people I remember from open days etc...

Is anyone here from a school which sends lots of people? My school doesn't have a history of oxbridge at all.

Also...I've just realised that everyone who I've been chatting to on the thread will be people I'll possibly meet whilst in Oxford. So it's even more exciting!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ooo this is exciting. This brings the number of people who I will have had a conversation with before I go up to...five. I think. No one from my school is going. So I'm just counting the people I remember from open days etc...
    I was about to say have a look for your college's freshers facebook group, but just noticed there isn't one for Lincoln.

You could create one if you wanted. I started the PPE group back in January and we've actually got well over half of the incoming class joined, and those college groups that do exist appear to have been fairly successful.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here from a school which sends lots of people? My school doesn't have a history of oxbridge at all.
    My school doesn't send very many. In the time I was there (years 9-13), there were 3 people went to Oxford, 1 to Cambridge...I think. One for physics, the other 2 for history. There's also a guy who went to Nottingham after not getting into Cambridge who is now some sort of Philosophy fellow or something at Corpus Christi. When I went for my interview we met up, and I got to have coffee in the Corpus senior tutors staff room thing. They had a cappuccino machine and I felt very posh and out of place

Weirdly, this year there will (hopefully!) be 3 of us at Oxford, which is more than any other year that the teachers have told me about. Me (hopefully) for history at Keble, a boy for E&M at Hertford, and then a girl for some sort of Law at...St Hilda's, maybe? I don't know. She got in last year and took a gap year, so there'll be at least one person from my school there regardless of exams!

So long story short...not really.

ReputationRep:

My college is sending 3 people to Oxford this year, including me, and 1 to Cambridge (presuming we all meet our offers!)

ReputationRep:
    I think our college is sending roughly 15 to oxbridge not sure how many to just oxford though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankie)
    I think our college is sending roughly 15 to oxbridge not sure how many to just oxford though
    15? That sounds like a lot. But how big is your year group? There's only about 40 of us in my year. Three of us applied and we were all interviewed. I was the only one with an offer though. Nobody went from the year above me, and the year above that only one got in. There's two people definitely applying to oxbridge in the year below and perhaps three more considering it.

Another thing I've just noticed is that there hasn't been a Cambridge person in my memory. It's probably just a coincidence. We're not an incredibly academic school. They've been very supportive of me, though.

ReputationRep:
    15? That sounds like a lot. But how big is your year group? There's only about 40 of us in my year. Three of us applied and we were all interviewed. I was the only one with an offer though. Nobody went from the year above me, and the year above that only one got in. There's two people definitely applying to oxbridge in the year below and perhaps three more considering it.

Another thing I've just noticed is that there hasn't been a Cambridge person in my memory. It's probably just a coincidence. We're not an incredibly academic school. They've been very supportive of me, though.
    Yeah there's about 700 of us in our year, we're a big college I think our cambridge/oxford admissions are pretty similar in terms of numbers, but we usually get 10-20 students into oxbridge each year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soutioirsim)
    Woop woop! Another physicist! Have you been sent anything yet?
    urm few emails about boring support stuff but no reading list or anything you? and what college?x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billieerin23)
    Me! To read History :-) what's your subject?
    Physics :cool: haha

ReputationRep:
    I think there was just one guy from my year who's at Oxford (I finished sixth form last year, so not sure about this year's applicants). But that's not too great coming from one of the biggest schools in Britain...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I eat poo)
    urm few emails about boring support stuff but no reading list or anything you? and what college?x
    Same, just an email about disability bursaries and an email from my college saying that the next time we would here from them, would be after results day. I would of thought they would give us something to do over the summer but it doesn't seem likely Oh well, it looks like I'll just have to have a lazy, chilled summer then :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there's about 700 of us in our year, we're a big college I think our cambridge/oxford admissions are pretty similar in terms of numbers, but we usually get 10-20 students into oxbridge each year
    We have about 140/150 people in our year and we have 7 oxford and 6 cambridge places. We had 37 applicants though, which is the most have ever applied from our school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zigzog7)
    We have about 140/150 people in our year and we have 7 oxford and 6 cambridge places. We had 37 applicants though, which is the most have ever applied from our school.
    Wow that's great we're a pretty huge college so our acceptance rates are probably the same as smaller colleges, i'm not sure how many applicants we had to be honest

ReputationRep:
    Wow that's great we're a pretty huge college so our acceptance rates are probably the same as smaller colleges, i'm not sure how many applicants we had to be honest
    Yeh,we are a grammar school so we get quite a lot of oxbridge people really a lot of the teachers went there too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.