University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread Watch

username912610
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got the Single Bed accommodation in Crown Place as well.
hellsbellshelen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My application doesn't say anything!!!!
Believable_Jeff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I applied for non-catered, en-suite accommodation in the on-campus Crown Place/Vine Court sites but have got an offer for a catered room with shared facilities in the off site Rankin Hall (e.g. my accommodation offer is literally the opposite of everything that I applied for/wanted).

Any advice?
MissB26
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Believable_Jeff)
I applied for non-catered, en-suite accommodation in the on-campus Crown Place/Vine Court sites but have got an offer for a catered room with shared facilities in the off site Rankin Hall (e.g. my accommodation offer is literally the opposite of everything that I applied for/wanted).

Any advice?

Call them up ASAP

Posted from TSR Mobile
soph1614
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am in a similar situation :/ I looked at Jamworks, which provide private university halls, and they said they would try and put me in with first year students. It's £120 a week, with all the luxuries included! so it's not to bad
soph1614
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Any advice?
I am in a similar situation :/ I looked at Jamworks, which provide private university halls, and they said they would try and put me in with first year students. It's £120 a week, with all the luxuries included! so it's not to bad
Changing Skies
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Any advice?
I'm going to have to cancel my double bed crown place offer as I can't afford to live otherwise, so take my offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
hellsbellshelen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I applied for crown place single, got carnatic dale hall for 15 WEEKS whilst they look at finding accommodation for me.

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maryamzahid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hellsbellshelen)
I applied for crown place single, got carnatic dale hall for 15 WEEKS whilst they look at finding accommodation for me.

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh wow! Hopefully they will find it for you, they can't leave you homeless!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hellsbellshelen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm looking at private accommodation but need the dates for student loan payments for liverpool uni... Because I originally thought I was going to apply for leeds uni, I have their term dates.

Does anyone know the dates on loan payments for liverpool? It can be found on the the summary letter from SFE
Changing Skies
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If I decline my accommodation offer do they send a different option or do I end up with no accommodation? :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dan-SB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I applied for crown place and vine court but have been put in Carnatic - Morton House which is the complete opposite of what I applied for as it is a shared bathroom, catered and miles away from the uni... I am not a happy bunny! Thinking of looking into private accommodation but I have no clue where to start or maybe just taking a gap year
Any ideas?
poppy_v
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
is ANYONE in Dale Hall, Carnatic because im getting really stressed and annoyed, if it is single sex I am going to be so ****ed off.
jb_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by poppy_v)
is ANYONE in Dale Hall, Carnatic because im getting really stressed and annoyed, if it is single sex I am going to be so ****ed off.
I'm in Dale Hall too, have a look on the Liverpool Freshers facebook group theres hopefully a few more people on there!
RHCPfan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dan-SB)
I applied for crown place and vine court but have been put in Carnatic - Morton House which is the complete opposite of what I applied for as it is a shared bathroom, catered and miles away from the uni... I am not a happy bunny! Thinking of looking into private accommodation but I have no clue where to start or maybe just taking a gap year
Any ideas?
Have a look at sanctuary students for private accommodation.
(Original post by Changing Skies)
If I decline my accommodation offer do they send a different option or do I end up with no accommodation? :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same as above I heard someone else mention it so don't know anything about it
poppy_v
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jb_)
I'm in Dale Hall too, have a look on the Liverpool Freshers facebook group theres hopefully a few more people on there!
ah thank god, ive had a look and no one is on there? have you seen any? like there are also facebook pages for rankin, lady mountford etc but not one for dale.
does anyone know when freshers week actually starts and people can move in as well because i havent had an email or anything and its just stressful
jb_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Found this for Dale Hall https://www.facebook.com/groups/373106391799/

And the accommodation contract starts on the 20th so you can move in from then
hellsbellshelen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jb_)

(Original post by poppy_v)
I'm in Dale Hall, we're only there for 15 weeks; spoke to them over the phone and they actually don't have a clue where we're gonna be put after that!
I'm looking at private accommodation, its so stressful!
I applied for crown place single, double and vine court single and didn't get any of my choices! Complete the opposite of what I want, need to pay out for a bus pass but don't know how long i'll need one for and AHHHHH
hellsbellshelen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Changing Skies)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I called up and asked for different accommodation and the woman sounded pretty threatened hahaha... If you manage to swap please let me know, Dale Hall is the complete opposite of what I want!
jb_
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hellsbellshelen)
I'm in Dale Hall, we're only there for 15 weeks; spoke to them over the phone and they actually don't have a clue where we're gonna be put after that!
I'm looking at private accommodation, its so stressful!
I applied for crown place single, double and vine court single and didn't get any of my choices! Complete the opposite of what I want, need to pay out for a bus pass but don't know how long i'll need one for and AHHHHH
What private accommodation sites you looking at?

Forgot about the bus pass :unimpressed: Not ideal
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (293)
37.71%
No - but I will (55)
7.08%
No - I don't want to (56)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (373)
48.01%

Watched Threads