Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

• PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    I am sure they could find a way to do it - however as much as I liked Tennant (he is my favourite doctor), I am not sure I would be happy if they did do it.
    I think he's my favourite doctor but only just. I think if Matt Smith had been in his episodes Matt Smith would be my favourite doctor...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scapepower)
    No-one apart from me fancies clara oswald. It's a shame she has a B.F. If she was somehow single, i could plot a way to her.
    Everyone fancies Jenna. Including me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francesf)
    anyone else voting for bill nighy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bill Nighy would actually be perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    Everyone fancies Jenna. Including me.
    Don't think i want her now...

ReputationRep:
    Brian Cox as the next Doctor :O

HE'S PERFECT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serentonin)
    Bill Nighy would actually be perfect.
    he was in talks about it but christopher ecclestone got it! If he's the doctor this time I will be so happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francesf)
    he was in talks about it but christopher ecclestone got it! If he's the doctor this time I will be so happy
    He would be pretty BAMF as the doctor

ReputationRep:
    Don't think i want her now...
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Bill Nighy is very unlikely since he was already a museum curator in Vincent and the Doctor. There's precedent for a companion being recast from an earlier role (Martha Jones was in Army of Ghosts, Amy Pond was in The Fires of Pompeii) but they all played very minor roles, barely even speaking parts. There's no way they'll cast someone as the Doctor who's been in the show at all, never mind played a significant role in an episode. If they do I'll eat my fez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    Bill Nighy is very unlikely since he was already a museum curator in Vincent and the Doctor. There's precedent for a companion being recast from an earlier role (Martha Jones was in Army of Ghosts, Amy Pond was in The Fires of Pompeii) but they all played very minor roles, barely even speaking parts. There's no way they'll cast someone as the Doctor who's been in the show at all, never mind played a significant role in an episode. If they do I'll eat my fez.
    I wouldn't say Freema and Karen's roles in Army of Ghosts and Pompeii respectively were particularly less significant than Bill Nighy's in Vincent and the Doctor. Certainly Freema played quite a big role in the Army of Ghosts.

But anyway:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1567164.html
    Why would you turn down the role of the Doctor? Is he nuts!?

ReputationRep:
    what about Hugh Laurie as the next Doctor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    Why?
    I value under-rated things. Like say a car is so amazing, but it's not rated yet it's better than most other cars, i love it.

I thought JLC was severly under-rated, but it seems as though everyone like her.

Too much competition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Hotpie)
    Brian Cox as the next Doctor :O

HE'S PERFECT
    I agree.

Guys...why didn't we think of this before? Brian Cox would make an amazing doctor.

Please email this to the BBC

ReputationRep:
    Benedict cumberbatch as the doctor. The voice. Just imagine it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollymurslove)
    Benedict cumberbatch as the doctor. The voice. Just imagine it
    No thanks.

I want women to like the doctors personality, not want to bend over and allow the doctor to fertilize them.

ReputationRep:
    No thanks.

I want women to like the doctors personality, not want to bend over and allow the doctor to fertilize them.
    I wasn't thinking it that way aha! :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollymurslove)
    I wasn't thinking it that way aha! :')
    ...you should have told me you don't want mr benedict to fertilise you.

ReputationRep:
    ...you should have told me you don't want mr benedict to fertilise you.
    Yeah sorry about that. I'll make sure to keep all future comments clearer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Feefifofum)
    Colin Baker was in Doctor who before being the doctor, but i see your point

ReputationRep:
    No thanks.

And yet it's ok for male viewers to want to fertilise the Doctor's assistants...

DOUBLE STANDARDS I TELL YOU! :rant: :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.