Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Starting to get that sick feeling really worried.

Preparing myself to fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    LOL sad but cute. I feel the same way.
    Lets hope we all get in
    But i'll probably end up taking extra kitchen stuff we have at home. All i'll buy is new clothes
    Hahaha I know, simple pleasures at least if I don't get in I have some bowls. Ahh we have no extra stuff at all, in fact we're always running out somehow... and on the same note I've bought WAY too many clothes in the last few months! Could do with a few more party dresses for freshers week though!

ReputationRep:
    I'm kinda worried, but oddly, I don't feel that heart-in-mouth panic I had during GCSE and AS Jan results days.. maybe it'll hit me on the day we get our results. But until then, just enjoy life as much as you can guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringGenius)
    6 days until results da... Oh wait 138 days until CHRISTMAS :awesome:
    My 19th birthday on Christmas hehe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingdoo)
    Anyone applying to Leicester 2014?
    I've been looking at it for a CompSci insurance. Not sure where my first choice would be though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wontdeny)
    I've been looking at it for a CompSci insurance. Not sure where my first choice would be though...
    Cool I guess you are getting better grades than me haha. I want to do BA geography, I loved the open day. How did you find the open day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oyyoyy)
    I'm kinda worried, but oddly, I don't feel that heart-in-mouth panic I had during GCSE and AS Jan results days.. maybe it'll hit me on the day we get our results. But until then, just enjoy life as much as you can guys!
    Clearly it is the immunisation phenomenon
    (Original post by dooobie_)
    when are the grade boundaries released?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    14th. See here (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2312329) for the update. WJEC will release the mark converter (i.e. boundaries) on the 15th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Where'sPerry?)
    My firm says exactly that!!! I still don't know what it means! It IS an error though, caused by the change to the new Track system. I rang UCAS and they were stumped. Rang my uni and they were equally confused. They said they would get back to me after they had investigated it, and they did. They said it is just a mistake and it shouldn't cause any issues, but they told me it would be corrected. Perhaps give your uni a ring just to be sure?

MSci Marine Biology
    MSci? That's Masters in Science right? Perhaps UCAS just saw the M and thought Postgrad Masters or something :confused:
    I haven't rung up my uni as all 5 I applied to had the same error on UCAS For a second though, I thought I had accidentally applied for the wrong degree haha, but they wouldn't have made an offer for a PhD so it must be ok!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LRJ)
    MSci? That's Masters in Science right? Perhaps UCAS just saw the M and thought Postgrad Masters or something :confused:
    I haven't rung up my uni as all 5 I applied to had the same error on UCAS For a second though, I thought I had accidentally applied for the wrong degree haha, but they wouldn't have made an offer for a PhD so it must be ok!
    Yep, it's an Integrated Master in Science which is a 4 year undergrad degree.

I was told it's basically a typo and not to worry about it, but perhaps just drop your firm a short email to confirm that all their details are correct. This was the case for me at Southampton; THEY had all the correct information, it was just UCAS with the issue.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh my firm emailed me and I am stupidly excited again!

'We know that waiting for examination results can be an anxious time but we hope this message helps to explain what is going to happen during August and to reassure you that we will be here to help. Good luck!

Best wishes,
    on behalf of the Undergraduate Admissions Team'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JASApplications)
    It was quite tough but hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower than normal!
    Hopefully! Hoping I made up for it in C2 :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Padouken)
    Anyone else feel that they're not going to bother with their insurance, so If you miss your firm, you're taking a year out? It's my firm or nowhere for me, heh..
    whats ur firm and insurance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flowerii)
    http://www.aaii.com/computerized-inv...refresh.mobile

This link cleared up Refresh Monkey for me
    Thanks, but that link has no mention of how to set it to alert me when there is a change on the website I'm looking for something to keep refreshing the page untill there is a certain change, at which point a loud sound plays to wake me up

Why the neg? I don't understand what i'm doing wrong here

ReputationRep:
    just saw a shooting star, maybe it's a sign? :crossedf:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what time you can access your results via ResultsPlus Direct? (Edexcel)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frostyjoe)
    Starting to get that sick feeling really worried.

Preparing myself to fail.
    Can i join you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Young Hot Stalin)
    Does anyone know what time you can access your results via ResultsPlus Direct? (Edexcel)
    7am

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lillollystar)
    7am

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Screw getting up that early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    Can i join you?
    Sure haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Unis have to send through courses with vacancies by the end of Monday for publication in the newspapers on Thursday morning....

Quite often as they carry on processing decisions and people with missed grades they'll close clearing vacancies between monday and thursday...but because of the print deadlines they have *some* info on the courses *likely* to have spaces.

That's not the same as deciding on every applicant, processing that decision on their systems, CHECKING for mistakes and then sending decisions to UCAS.
    If i missed my offer but my firm still has a conditional status, is it possible to get them to reject me?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.