Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got my AS results for my resit year!!!

Biology: B (very very disappointed with this)
    Chemistry: A (happy with this)
    Phyiscs: B (very happy with this)

so gone from UUU last year to ABB this year

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else doing chemical engineering at uni of Birmingham

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    :console: I flopped too
    No you did not, you did better than me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_red_sloth)
    I've been given 30 mins to decide if I want to do a foundation year at my firm or go to my insurance. Pressure.
    Which course? Do you prefer your firm university over your insurance enough to do a foundation course, or is your preference towards doing the course, so going to the insurance doesn't matter as much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    No you did not, you did better than me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How did you do? I'll get over it, hopefully next week will cheer me up :lol:

I haven't been happy about results since Year Ten January... :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraaaaa)
    Is it bad that I can't even remember what this latest AS unit was on? Haha! Oh it was abnormality, social and stress, I remembered hah. Woo well done! And yeah I know what you mean, my mental health took a bit of a bad turn during the exam period which I think messed up my grades a bit but luckily still got AAABB and they were close A's so not too bad! Ah I suppose I better get on with my summer homework now haha, I've been slacking so bad!
    I had no social interaction (well, friends anyway) for my month long study leave - was just holed up in my room! I even blocked Tumblr. I think I went a bit mad during that period.
    Think I can justify a shopping trip with my grades? :P
    I swear I will do my summer homework afterwards!
    :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Needed an ABB, got a BCD but got in my firm anyway.
    This is the best birthday ever.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like dying I'm so depressed but yet so happy for my friends. I got BBCE. The E was in chemistry And I need chem to do a bio degree at uni right? The Bs were in bio and econ and the C in german. Well done to all you guys that did well but I'm literally done for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    4 As, ecstatic
    WELL DONE, that is so great! Knew you'd do it, see! :woo::excited: I'll get on to making that cake okay :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kircheis)
    What are you studying and what is your firm?, if you don't mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper-Roo)
    Which course? Do you prefer your firm university over your insurance enough to do a foundation course, or is your preference towards doing the course, so going to the insurance doesn't matter as much?
    Choice between Manchester uni (my hometown) or Leeds. Manchester I'm closer to home and I get more money from Manchester but it is an extra year and an extra 6 grand of debt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper-Roo)
    GCSEs, AS levels and predicted grades (from your teachers). As well as personal statement, references, possibly an interview, and checking your AS levels and predicted grades are consistent (not overvalued or undervalued). If you feel you under performed in one your referee can say so, but I think your predicted grades are absolutely fine taking your AS levels into account.

EDIT: A-levels if you apply after your A-levels have been completed (Gap year)
    Im not sure if I should take the chance and apply this year (minimum entry requirement is AAA!) or maybe take a gap year and resist some modules.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    I've failed my AS so now my sixth form have booted me out. I dont know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    As levels:
    physics 300/300
    chemistry 298/300
    biology 291/300
    maths 297/300
    further maths 291/300

ironically don't enjoy physics all that much but doesn't take away my joy nonetheless!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkhan9035)
    I got AAC needed 3A's but Uni of Manchester accepted me anyway and i'll be studying Law in September Couldn't be any more happier

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Boy they must really want you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ptolemy001)
    I feel like dying I'm so depressed but yet so happy for my friends. I got BBCE. The E was in chemistry And I need chem to do a bio degree at uni right? The Bs were in bio and econ and the C in german. Well done to all you guys that did well but I'm literally done for.
    Have hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I've failed my AS so now my sixth form have booted me out. I dont know what to do.
    Yh i feel for you, 30 people in my school have been kicked out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoseBrilliante)
    I had no social interaction (well, friends anyway) for my month long study leave - was just holed up in my room! I even blocked Tumblr. I think I went a bit mad during that period.
    Think I can justify a shopping trip with my grades? :P
    I swear I will do my summer homework afterwards!
    :curious:
    Neither did I, I worked so hard but also crammed so hard for sociology which was my first exam and that just mentally drained me so then I wasn't in a good place for the rest. Bloody hell I could never block tumblr haha! Yes yes yes, I went out for cake with my mom and were going out for tea on Monday to celebrate! I have to go driving tonight though haha ill be saying that about my homework on the 4th September, the day before I go back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kircheis)
    Well done!

Happy Birthday!

What course and university may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_red_sloth)
    Choice between Manchester uni (my hometown) or Leeds. Manchester I'm closer to home and I get more money from Manchester but it is an extra year and an extra 6 grand of debt.
    Tough as they're both good universities... have you looked at the course details again? Not sure what to advise, where could you see yourself at more?

(Original post by Karimaa)
    Im not sure if I should take the chance and apply this year (minimum entry requirement is AAA!) or maybe take a gap year and resist some modules.
    Applying this year won't hurt, the worst that could happen is you are rejected but can always apply in the 2015 cycle.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.