Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akchi96)
    that happened to me, but I thought that was because i tried to reply after my deadline... (was away over christmas and didn't check the portal oops, hope they still let me go...) The day after I replied i tried logging in then logging out and it changed to the thank you message
    Hey, I am in the exact same situation, may I ask did it instantly update, or did it change to the thank you message later? Every time I log out and back in again I seem to have to rechoose again my reply to the invitation. Is that normal?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bomb)
    Hey, I am in the exact same situation, may I ask did it instantly update, or did it change to the thank you message later? Every time I log out and back in again I seem to have to rechoose again my reply to the invitation. Is that normal?

Thanks
    This seems to have happened to almost everyone (both grad like me and school leavers). It seems that you accept the invite and then have to log out and shut your browser and then try again. Some people's have resolved instantly by doing that or taken a few hours/a day or so.

Another way to ensure its gone through if your interview is soon/the deadline is nearing then you could send them an email through myapplication/phone them tmrw.

ReputationRep:
    Offer from King's!!!!! Thought you guys would like the details - just came through on portal at 5:30ish, interview was on the 10th Dec, I'm a reapplicant with achieved A*AA ah I can't believe I'm actually going to med school!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PocketMerlin)
    Interview on 15th January! Heard about it on 28th of December, I didn't think there would be any portal updates over Christmas, but I checked it just by chance... 2 days before the deadline.

Re-applicants/gap year students: do we have to scan and upload our GCSE certificates in addition to our A-level certificates?
    I did; I scanned my GCSEs, AS-levels and A-levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbin'along)
    Offer from King's!!!!! Thought you guys would like the details - just came through on portal at 5:30ish, interview was on the 10th Dec, I'm a reapplicant with achieved A*AA ah I can't believe I'm actually going to med school!
    Wooo great news what a way 2 start the new year congratulations !!!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats, same here! Interview on the 5th December, gap year applicant (did not apply last year) and my alevels were A*AA.

Finally after the constant refreshing of the portal!

Probably going to firm King's (my bmat sucked).

For all those waiting, I wish you all the best!

ReputationRep:
    Well done!!
    It was worth reapplying then!
    How do you think your interview went?

ReputationRep:
    congrats!

A quick question to anybody with an offer. Do kings email you? Or do they only update portal

ReputationRep:
    This may sound like a silly question
    But at another university, they offered free accommodation to those being interviewed. Does KCL offer this?

Are we all just uploading GCSE certificates then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HHaris14)
    No its not a mistake, I called them to check and was old its just a basic questionnaire but they couldn't go into more detail
    Are you a school-leaver? When is your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, has any international applicant received an invitation for interview from Kings yet? I have been checking the portal obsessively and this wait is just toooo much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarhuni)
    Congrats, same here! Interview on the 5th December, gap year applicant (did not apply last year) and my alevels were A*AA.

Finally after the constant refreshing of the portal!

Probably going to firm King's (my bmat sucked).

For all those waiting, I wish you all the best!
    CONGRATSSSS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just wondering where on the portal does it say you've got an offer? do you see it as soon as you log in? are there new tabs opened for you guys now? lol sorry for the silly question :P just wondering where to look when I keep refreshing my portal!! haha :P also how did you guys feel after your interviews?

ReputationRep:

Congrats had you uploaded all your certificates and passport?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by user1-4)
    congrats!

A quick question to anybody with an offer. Do kings email you? Or do they only update portal
    I happened to check my portal at 6pm when I found the offer, then I received an e-mail at 7:30.

ReputationRep:
    Any of you lucky people with a kings offer who will firm - have you also got a Birmingham interview scheduled? If you dont intend to go for your Birmingham interview could you please cancel it on the Birmingham website, I'm after a different date than the one I have

ReputationRep:
    SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! I'm an international student and I only received an email about an interview today, but when I try to confirm it, the box just turns grey what do I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VigneshSB)
    SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! I'm an international student and I only received an email about an interview today, but when I try to confirm it, the box just turns grey what do I do?
    See my previous/other people's answers to this for detail but in summary -- don't worry, that's happened to everyone. Log off and close you browser and check again in a few hours/tmrw and it should have resolved itself. If this doesn't happen and you're still worried, phone them near the end of the day tmrw and see if they've got your acceptance.

Congrats btw and good luck with it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam-jam)
    See my previous/other people's answers to this for detail but in summary -- don't worry, that's happened to everyone. Log off and close you browser and check again in a few hours/tmrw and it should have resolved itself. If this doesn't happen and you're still worried, phone them near the end of the day tmrw and see if they've got your acceptance.

Thank You so much! That's put my worries to rest for a bit! Btw, the deadline was for the 30th, but I didn't get any emails or notifications through portal until today, when the admissions person emailed me Am I in crap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VigneshSB)
    Hey, congratz! I'm an international too, could you post your stats please? I'd really appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam-jam)

Hey Jam-Jam! My Application Status just updated to Acceptance of Interview! That means all's well and good right? The Interview page is still there though; should I just ignore it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.