Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alumno)
    I have an interview (A101)!!!!

Email came through today at 15:47. It's for the 18th Feb.

I'm so over the moon I can't explain. Don't give up hope those who have not yet heard!

Also...a MASSIVE congratulations to all those offer holders. Now relax in the knowledge that your place is waiting for you .
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! What time is yours? I've got mine on the 18th as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Avec_Amour)
    Hi, congrats on the interview invite! Did you receive it today?? Also, what's your pre-interview score?
    Thank you!! I only just saw it today but it was sent to me yesterday at 3:47pm My score was 58/60

ReputationRep:
    to those with offers...did you receive them by email, post or ucas track???????????????

ReputationRep:
    Contacted LMS yesterday, they're still giving out interviews for A101 for Jan and Feb. All is not lost.

ReputationRep:
    Hello Guys,

Any EU Students that have received interviews?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam_dewji)
    I hope so! Mine was on the 12th too so praying we get ours on Monday!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mine was on the 11th Although I knew already my performance wouldn't have been good enough lets just say it wasn't 'perfect'

ReputationRep:
    I had mine on the 12th too. Would be thrilled with an offer on Monday, but let's remember only a small proportion of offers are given out now. Don't lose hope until March :-)

And a massive well done to those who've already got offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyla_Mikaeal)
    Any general tips from those who've had their interview? I've just received my invitation for the 18th of February :woo: and was surprised that one of the stations was 'Calculation'. My interview for Manchester didn't have such a station so I'm not sure what to expect.

Is the interview very science-orientated e.g. being questioned on medical topics?
    Im not sure what the Leicester interview is like either. How was your manchester one? was you able to prepare for it?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=GCSE-help;45923443]I had mine on the 12th too. Would be thrilled with an offer on Monday, but let's remember only a small proportion of offers are given out now./QUOTE]

What proportion do you think? I'm hoping only a very small number

I reckon out of the 350 total offers it's maybe 50 made in january??

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Dr. Django;45923496]
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    I had mine on the 12th too. Would be thrilled with an offer on Monday, but let's remember only a small proportion of offers are given out now./QUOTE]

What proportion do you think? I'm hoping only a very small number

I reckon out of the 350 total offers it's maybe 50 made in january??
    I think this year more offers will be made in January than in last year, because they had more interview dates in December this year. But yeah, it can only be a small proportion. Otherwise it would be unfair to those yet to have their interview.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=GCSE-help;45923734]
    (Original post by Dr. Django)

I think this year more offers will be made in January than in last year, because they had more interview dates in December this year. But yeah, it can only be a small proportion. Otherwise it would be unfair to those yet to have their interview.
    Yeah fair enough, I dont know how many offers there were in Jan last year though!

I'm pretty much resigned to rejection anyway as I fudged the interview, good luck for Monday

ReputationRep:
    It's been exactly a month since my interview, aha.. time flies....
    Congratulations to all who received an offer! #superjealous

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Dr. Django;45923763]
    (Original post by GCSE-help)

Yeah fair enough, I dont know how many offers there were in Jan last year though!

I'm pretty much resigned to rejection anyway as I fudged the interview, good luck for Monday
    Thanks. you too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinuviel)
    It's been exactly a month since my interview, aha.. time flies....
    Congratulations to all who received an offer! #superjealous
    Exactly the same as me! Just hoping they haven't given out too many yet!

ReputationRep:
    Heya peeps, a huge congratulations to those who have got offers. Just one questions - how are you finding out? email? track?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    Exactly the same as me! Just hoping they haven't given out too many yet!
    We had both of our interviews around the same time I think .Have you had any more interviews since Newcastle and Leicester?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinuviel)
    We had both of our interviews around the same time I think .Have you had any more interviews since Newcastle and Leicester?
    Yeah on the same day if I remember (11th)! I've got leeds next week and Edinburgh dont interview what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panjabiflower)
    Im not sure what the Leicester interview is like either. How was your manchester one? was you able to prepare for it?
    I thought it went okay tbh the interviewers were really friendly...2 of them did try to challenge me but remember to balance your argument and take into account theirs. I prepared well but nothing I prepared came up. I tried to tie in some things about the NHS but the interviewer stopped me and went one to the next question :unimpressed: Remember to think outside the box, think rationally and take into mind how they would expect you to act as a future medical student. I think a lot of the stations were trying to see how my thought process worked, how I'm like as a person etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheeseystuffz)
    Hey its really great to hear this and really congratulations on the offer! It must be such a weight off! I just got rejected from Oxford as well and was really upset just cos like you i thought my interview went well (where were you interviewed?) and I did well in the bmat.
    Hi, I was interviewd at Brasenose College and Pembroke. Ive asked for feedback. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3isenberg)
    I think that might actually be the case, because yesterday was pretty much 4 weeks since the 11th of December and everyone who posted on this thread that got an offer had an interview the 11th. So maybe next week some of us who had December interviews later, might hear something :eek:
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. Fingers crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.