Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What does Freedman have to do to get sacked at Bolton? Christ.

On another note, Assombalonga looks a steal at £5m. With all the inflated prices of players these days (here's looking at you, McCormack), it actually seems as if he is worth the money that Forest were willing to spend. He took his goal so well yesterday. I initially thought he'd had a bit of a mare and taken a touch too many, but he proved me wrong. Emphatic finish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    What does Freedman have to do to get sacked at Bolton? Christ.

On another note, Assombalonga looks a steal at £5m. With all the inflated prices of players these days (here's looking at you, McCormack), it actually seems as if he is worth the money that Forest were willing to spend. He took his goal so well yesterday. I initially thought he'd had a bit of a mare and taken a touch too many, but he proved me wrong. Emphatic finish.
    Should have been off the pitch by that point though. His elbow on Bryson was horrific.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Should have been off the pitch by that point though. His elbow on Bryson was horrific.
    Yeah no disagreement from me. Feisty derby for sure.

ReputationRep:
    One of the more madder games I've been to. Fulham start brighter but we score through Assombalonga, we score a penalty (That was neither in the box, or a penalty. Played ref!) through Britt and it looks easy. We get massively complacent, let Fulham do what they please and they score (the first a free kick that shouldn't have been given) and they turn it round for 3-2 second half. We look completely out of it right until Antonio scores a stunner and Britt gets his hat-trick in about two minutes. Netted another to clinch it late on.

In short- We were awful for the most part but back on top, Darren Deadman is a stunningly poor referee, and growing man-love for Assombalonga. Antonio is lovely too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackrose96)
    One of the more madder games I've been to. Fulham start brighter but we score through Assombalonga, we score a penalty (That was neither in the box, or a penalty. Played ref!) through Britt and it looks easy. We get massively complacent, let Fulham do what they please and they score (the first a free kick that shouldn't have been given) and they turn it round for 3-2 second half. We look completely out of it right until Antonio scores a stunner and Britt gets his hat-trick in about two minutes. Netted another to clinch it late on.

In short- We were awful for the most part but back on top, Darren Deadman is a stunningly poor referee, and growing man-love for Assombalonga. Antonio is lovely too.
    Still cannot believe we sold Britt to Peterborough now...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Britt gets his hat-trick in about two minutes. Netted another to clinch it late on.
    What a player, but feel sympathy for Magath for the first time today.

His team got back to a leading position and completely capitulated once again. The defence is a shambles. It's a shame.

ReputationRep:
    Solskjaer sacked by Cardiff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Solskjaer sacked by Cardiff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Makes me happy to see Tan's plan go to crap. The madman will probably go and hire Dave Hockaday.

ReputationRep:
    Magath also sacked. Busy day...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

I remember that name, he's dreadful. Causes controversy where ever he goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Makes me happy to see Tan's plan go to crap. The madman will probably go and hire Dave Hockaday.
    It's Hock O'Clock.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Three managerial departures in one day and we're not even in October.

ReputationRep:
    I moan about refs a fair bit but Darren Deadman seems to have a large cross club consensus on his performances.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    I moan about refs a fair bit but Darren Deadman seems to have a large cross club consensus on his performances.
    I remember a game against Huddersfield few years back he was refereeing, Wednesday were 4.3 up and somehow he found 5 minutes added time and then somehow added an extra 2 minute on top of that and of course Huddersfield got an equaliser in that extra 2 minutes

ReputationRep:
    Carlisle should hire Hockaday
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Slade for Cardiff apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    I remember a game against Huddersfield few years back he was refereeing, Wednesday were 4.3 up and somehow he found 5 minutes added time and then somehow added an extra 2 minute on top of that and of course Huddersfield got an equaliser in that extra 2 minutes
    I am trying to forget that one still, absolute school yard rules.

ReputationRep:
    Disappointing point at home to Cardiff, even after being 2-0 down. Dominated the game from the first whistle to the last (bar a 5 minute spell at the start of the second half).

We never seem to do well against hoofball sides though
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Won't get too many headlines but well done to Port Vale getting three points after the week they've had.

ReputationRep:
    Championship is really hotting up at the top with so many teams dropping points. Think Norwich need to really get their first 45mins sorted out though soon if they want to remain on track for automatic promotion. Second game in a week where they have gone in at half time 2-0 down, and this time it cost 2 points. Home form is not what it could be either, but away form is compensating.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.