Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trisha.b)
    May i know when you submitted?

Yeah sure, I submitted on the 22nd of December

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    I have just been invited to do a Nabarro video interview. Does anyone have any tips? I'm not exactly sure how it works, is there a time limit to answer each question?
    When did you apply if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Rejection Burges Salmon

Also, is anyone still waiting to hear from HD? the deadline for video submission and online form is 31 January and I still haven't heard post app

I was under the impression that the video was the next stage? From your comment I understand that the written application AND the video is to be done by all candidates? I had an video interview invite and I'm going to do it tomorrow. Im not too sure of what to expect really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waza_11)
    When did you apply if you don't mind me asking?
    I applied 11th January was not expecting to be shortlisted. Have you done a video interview before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    I applied 11th January was not expecting to be shortlisted. Have you done a video interview before?

Congrats! I submitted mine on the deadline (15th Jan) for the London office. I still haven't heard anything. In relation to video interviews I've got my first one tomorrow for Hill Dickinson - not too sure what to expect... Good luck with yours! Also where else have you applied to? And also at what stage of your studies are you at if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give any advice on what to expect for the 'in-tray' exercise??? I have my first assessment centre next week and in the email I got it says I have to do an 'in-tray' exercise. No idea what to expect!

ReputationRep:
    On an application form do we have to put all the references that the firm asks for? Only asking because it names "School" as one of the references for education, I am out of touch with my school, and most of the new teachers there are now new...really not sure what to do about this one! Any insight would be appreciated!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZaraW)
    Can anyone give any advice on what to expect for the 'in-tray' exercise??? I have my first assessment centre next week and in the email I got it says I have to do an 'in-tray' exercise. No idea what to expect!
    It's usually a simulation of dealing with emails in a fake inbox. The ones I know of ask you to make decisions on how to respond to the emails (usually multiple choice) and then write a substantial email response to one of them. You are scored on the responses and your written output.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    It's usually a simulation of dealing with emails in a fake inbox. The ones I know of ask you to make decisions on how to respond to the emails (usually multiple choice) and then write a substantial email response to one of them. You are scored on the responses and your written output.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah I see, thanks for your help J-SP!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've noticed that you offer quite a lot of advice regarding the recruitment process on this forum, I hope you don't mind me asking but could you give me some advice on video interviews as I have one on Monday and really don't know what to expect and how to approach it?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats! I submitted mine on the deadline (15th Jan) for the London office. I still haven't heard anything. In relation to video interviews I've got my first one tomorrow for Hill Dickinson - not too sure what to expect... Good luck with yours! Also where else have you applied to? And also at what stage of your studies are you at if you don't mind me asking?

I also applied to Nabarro's London office, I think they are working through them in batches so I'm sure you will hear soon enough. Can you let me know hoe your interview goes tomorrow and perhaps give me some tips? I'm currently undertaking the GDL after doing a language degree. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    I also applied to Nabarro's London office, I think they are working through them in batches so I'm sure you will hear soon enough. Can you let me know hoe your interview goes tomorrow and perhaps give me some tips? I'm currently undertaking the GDL after doing a language degree. How about you?
    I've got the nabarro video interview to do this weekend as well! I've done a video interview before. A question pops up on screen and you have 10-20seconds to think of an answer, then the camera will start recording and you'll have say 2 mins to say your answer to the question, you can stop recording for each question if you finish as well and each question will be back to back, hope that helps
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    It's difficult to give specific advice without knowing more about the process.

The only general advice I can give is to treat it exactly like a face to face interview. Is it one where you record in your own time or is it more like a Skype interview with the interviewer at the other end?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Long time lurker, first time participant. Had an assessment day with CC last Tuesday and an interview with Slaughter and May the Wednesday before that. Still waiting on a response from both. Anyone any news on either firm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laz_LeBaz)
    Long time lurker, first time participant. Had an assessment day with CC last Tuesday and an interview with Slaughter and May the Wednesday before that. Still waiting on a response from both. Anyone any news on either firm?
    Can I ask what the CC assessment day was like?

ReputationRep:
    I was under the impression that the video was the next stage? From your comment I understand that the written application AND the video is to be done by all candidates? I had an video interview invite and I'm going to do it tomorrow. Im not too sure of what to expect really...
    Hey - I think it is the next round but it says on their website "January: Applications (online form and video submission) close 31 January 2015 for vacation scheme placements." so I think that you have to have completed it by then if invited?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    It's difficult to give specific advice without knowing more about the process.

The only general advice I can give is to treat it exactly like a face to face interview. Is it one where you record in your own time or is it more like a Skype interview with the interviewer at the other end?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it is one where I record my answers. I'm just preparing the usual qs and a commercial topic. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by footchemllab)
    I've got the nabarro video interview to do this weekend as well! I've done a video interview before. A question pops up on screen and you have 10-20seconds to think of an answer, then the camera will start recording and you'll have say 2 mins to say your answer to the question, you can stop recording for each question if you finish as well and each question will be back to back, hope that helps

Thank you so much for the info! Good Luck!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    Yes it is one where I record my answers. I'm just preparing the usual qs and a commercial topic. What do you think?
    Sounds like a good plan. Just try to keep an eye on the timer, don't try and read prepared answers/themes/scripts and try to talk like you are speaking to someone rather than giving a speech.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    Thank you so much for the info! Good Luck!
    No problem! You too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.