Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrasenoseAdm)
    X
    Would it be possible to see the gcse profiles of offers and interviews for PPE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gavinlowe)
    I'm glad to hear you're thinking about applying to us.

There's lots of information on our admissions page <http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/ugadmissions/>. (And Maths have a similar page.) Feel free to come back with more specific questions.

Your grades are fairly typical of successful candidates. But the most important things are the MAT and interviews.

Gavin
    Thank you Gavin if I think of any more questions I will post them here. I just wished to know if if was realistic before I set my sights on Oxford and start working towards the mat

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In my AS Levels, I got UMS marks in the high 90s in all modules, but apparently Oxford doesn't take UMS marks into account. Could I ask my teacher referee to mention these in her reference, or would it be a waste of space? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyx)
    In my AS Levels, I got UMS marks in the high 90s in all modules, but apparently Oxford doesn't take UMS marks into account. Could I ask my teacher referee to mention these in her reference, or would it be a waste of space? Thank you!
    I've asked this same question and was told by LSE and UCL admissions members to 100% include high UMS scores in the reference if possible. The personal statement would potentially be a waste of space but if your teacher won't put it in your reference, you might want to consider it. Seeing as both LSE and UCL are great Unis (LSE currently 3rd best I think) I don't see why Oxford wouldn't agree
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pars12)
    Would it be possible to see the gcse profiles of offers and interviews for PPE?
    We can generate the data for PPE applicants applying to Brasenose, with a GCSE profile and interviewed at any college. We don't know the outcomes for all students on this list though so can't help further.

Its the same story as the other subjects. Some skew towards high grades but plenty of examples of students with a smaller number of A*s - indicating that the admissions tests and contextual information available to selectors influence the outcome.

10A* 10A* 10A*-1A 10A*-1A 10A*-1B 10A*-3A-1B 11A* 11A*-1A 11A*-2A 12A* 13A* 3A*-4A-1B-1C 4A*-5A-1B 4A*-6A-4B 5A*-4A-2B 6A*-4A 6A*-5A 6A*-5A 6A*-5A 7A*-3A 7A*-4A 7A*-4A 7A*-4A 7A*-4A 8A*-1B 8A*-1B 8A*-2A 9A* 9A* 9A*-1A 9A*-1A 9A*-2A 9A*-3A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gavinlowe)
    I'm glad to hear you're thinking about applying to us.

There's lots of information on our admissions page <http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/ugadmissions/>. (And Maths have a similar page.) Feel free to come back with more specific questions.

Your grades are fairly typical of successful candidates. But the most important things are the MAT and interviews.

Gavin
    (Original post by BrasenoseAdm)
    X
    Hi there,I was wondering how much predicted grades are taken into account with an application. For instance if the school were to only predict A*A for maths and further instead of the A*A* required, would this count against the application?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyx)
    They can take it into account if you provide it, they just don't use it in the mechanistic way that Cambridge does. It's definitely a good idea to put it in the reference.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnesium)
    Hi there,I was wondering how much predicted grades are taken into account with an application. For instance if the school were to only predict A*A for maths and further instead of the A*A* required, would this count against the application?
    Yes it would - applicants must be predicted the standard offer. We have known selectors to ask schools to confirm the predicted grade if an applicant has done very well in other aspects of the application, particularly admissions tests. But it is best to check that your school is predicting the standard offer and that the UCAS form carries the correct prediction.

ReputationRep:
    In the Irish GCSE equivalent, there is no A*, as such, only A's etc. How does this impact Iris students when company GCSE to Irish Junior Certificate?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hh510)
    In the Irish GCSE equivalent, there is no A*, as such, only A's etc. How does this impact Iris students when company GCSE to Irish Junior Certificate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry, Oxford will take in to account the different exams and the subsequent corresponding grades to GCSEs! Ádh mór.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone think a C at AS will let me down? I got AAAAC, at GCSE 10 A*s 1 A

ReputationRep:
    Starting medicine at LMH in October! Anything you guys want to know, feel free to ask, would love to dish some advice!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    Hi, does anyone think a C at AS will let me down? I got AAAAC, at GCSE 10 A*s 1 A
    No, unless the C is in a subject relevant to what you're applying for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    Don't worry, Oxford will take in to account the different exams and the subsequent corresponding grades to GCSEs! Ádh mór.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So where does 10A's 1B stand in the grand scheme of things? Go raibh míle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hh510)
    So where does 10A's 1B stand in the grand scheme of things? Go raibh míle
    I'm not familiar with the Junior Cert grades (I'm up North) but if an A is top grade then I would imagine that equates to about 10A* and 1A which is a top set of results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A Levels: AAA in History, Law and Politics
    AS: AAAA in History, Law, Politics and Sociology
    GCSEs: Prefer not to say as they are on the low side but I have extenuating circumstances
    Looking to apply to do History and Politics

ReputationRep:
    10A* 2As
    AAAB (Extenuating circumstances throughout the year, which worsened during exam season as well as unexpected tragedy)
    Is it worth applying for PPE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ecconomist)
    I have seriously considered it before but I think it is too risky to do pure management, effectively a subject I've never studied before but only read about and I hope you can understand where I'm coming from. Nethertheless people do it, really enjoy it and a management degree from LSE must open so many doors!
    Yeah, I agree. I think any degree from somewhere like LSE should open doors, or atleast I hope so!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasvogel)
    I'm not familiar with the Junior Cert grades (I'm up North) but if an A is top grade then I would imagine that equates to about 10A* and 1A which is a top set of results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for the help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any views on which colleges offer most decent accommodation for First Years? Thank u

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.