Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    i've heard this too, any reliable sources reporting? ive seen fees of 7m-12m being reported, don't see why its necessary though since we have bellerin to come through. Gonna miss the corporal, don't want him to leave.
    Matt Law has an okay-ish track-record with Arsenal news:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-Chambers.html

but its more the case of everything adding up, as we have been linked with Peruzzi among other RBs. so we are clearly looking to replace Jenkinson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Chambers would be a very astute signing, typical Wenger really. Would make it very difficult for Jenks though, he really needs to go on loan, still way too raw whenever he plays. I would rate Bellerin above him atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He used to play CM and has been tipped by Noel Blake (ENG U-19 coach) to be a CB in the future.

ReputationRep:
    chambers is their best young player

ReputationRep:
    Its official. Ornstein tweeted. Medical already taken place and fee agreed.

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/s...99855455375360

Ben Smith says we want Schneiderlin too.

https://twitter.com/BenSmithBBC/stat...01078602518529

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    Its official. Ornstein tweeted. Medical already taken place and fee agreed.

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/s...99855455375360

My mind is full of ****

Ornstein has spoken, his word is the gospel and to doubt it is blasphemy of the highest order.

It amazes me how the club kept this deal under wraps, no one had a scooby even though the medical had already taken place.

I swear Illuminati conduct Arsenal's business, how else would we deal with such secrecy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    Trying with what? You've still not justified why arsenal need a 'finisher' when absolutely no top team in world football uses one. I wasn't baiting I was just laughing at how pathetic you are like the majority of the forum do. Your responses are just tedious and still not entertaining at all and I'm struggling to see your motivation.

Gj on parring tom again there I bet he's distraught
    lol so much effort.
    don't overexert your brain too much.

you're meant to be the WUM, seems like you're the only one getting worked up here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    chambers is their best young player
    A lot of Saints fans are saying that. He was voted their best academy graduate at Southampton in his time ahead of Shaw.

Signals the end for Corporal Jenkinson, unless we plan on giving him the Gunnersaurus gig.

I feel sorry for Saints fans though. What has happened to us for 9-10 years has happened in one season to them. Heart breaking. Will be a poisonous atmosphere down at St Mary's if there board don't go out and get 6-7 players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    A lot of Saints fans are saying that. He was voted their best academy graduate at Southampton in his time ahead of Shaw.

Signals the end for Corporal Jenkinson, unless we plan on giving him the Gunnersaurus gig.

I feel sorry for Saints fans though. What has happened to us for 9-10 years has happened in one season to them. Heart breaking. Will be a poisonous atmosphere down at St Mary's if there board don't go out and get 6-7 players.
    definitely has more potential than shaw

ReputationRep:

It's sad. They've lost too many first teamers. Lovren, Chambers, Shaw, Lallana, Lambert and may be followed by Schnerdelin.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Think we'll push hard for Schneiderlin after the Chambers deal since Sporting's valuation of Carvalho is £10m apart from ours. They value him at £34m which would be a lot for a young player not proved in this league. Even Schneiderlin is a £20m player max so I doubt we'll pay the £27m that Saints want but we should find middle ground tbh.

Its a pretty awful situation for Saints tbh, having their team ripped to shreds. Spurs seem to be after Jay Rodriguez too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Think we'll push hard for Schneiderlin after the Chambers deal since Sporting's valuation of Carvalho is £10m apart from ours. They value him at £34m which would be a lot for a young player not proved in this league. Even Schneiderlin is a £20m player max so I doubt we'll pay the £27m that Saints want but we should find middle ground tbh.

Its a pretty awful situation for Saints tbh, having their team ripped to shreds. Spurs seem to be after Jay Rodriguez too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If we get Schneiderlin they might aswell leave the title at Ashburton Grove literally the perfect summer. I honestly don't care about Southampton until we get Schneiderlin. They'll be back in a few years time with the youth they've got in their Academy.

ReputationRep:
    Schneiderlin is worth every penny. I would pay as much as £30M for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    If we get Schneiderlin they might aswell leave the title at Ashburton Grove literally the perfect summer. I honestly don't care about Southampton until we get Schneiderlin. They'll be back in a few years time with the youth they've got in their Academy.
    lol still need a striker!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I was really hoping we wouldn't raid Southampton, it's depressing seeing them picked over like this.

ReputationRep:
    lol still need a striker!
    There not really enough quality on the market. I think Wenger has basically Said Sanchez will be our mobile number 9 to complement Giroud. I also think Joel Campbell has alot to offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loat)
    To be honest, I was really hoping we wouldn't raid Southampton, it's depressing seeing them picked over like this.
    dog eat dog I'm afraid. no one thought twice about poaching our players year in year out

ReputationRep:
    Oh.my.God. Just as I was complaining on this thread today over our lack of action in the transfer market... this happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    definitely has more potential than shaw
    Don't know much at all about Chambers. Is he just a right back signing? Or can he play anywhere else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Don't know much at all about Chambers. Is he just a right back signing? Or can he play anywhere else?
    He can play CB and as a CM if required.

ReputationRep:
    ffs, Twitter is a terrible place, why did @DeanLDN22 have to say Pogba?! Now everyone is losing their minds!!

IT WILL NOT HAPPEN, go to bed people!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.