Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone that was at FSAC on the 6th heard any news?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by udum)
    Has anyone that was at FSAC on the 6th heard any news?
    Not yet! I was also on the 6th!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how long it takes to here back after status changes from 'awaiting event' to 'awaiting results'?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    That's what I'm wondering. Yesterday evening mine changed to 'Awaiting Results' so I'm trying to work out if the results for the 6th have not been made available yet or if I'm Amber-Banded. At FSAC last year I heard 2 days after but this was at the beginning of February, so further along in the assessment period.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I was also at FSAC on Tuesday 6th and eager to know whether the lack of information means amber banding or simply no results released yet. Mine changed to 'awaiting results' at some point yesterday. Would be great to know if anyone's heard yet.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimsFortis)
    Hi all, I was also at FSAC on Tuesday 6th and eager to know whether the lack of information means amber banding or simply no results released yet. Mine changed to 'awaiting results' at some point yesterday. Would be great to know if anyone's heard yet.
    From the website:

RESULTS FOR FAST STREAM ASSESSMENT CENTRE (FSAC) – Initial FSAC pass marks have been applied, and candidates who have attended FSAC will be assessed against these normally within 3 working days of attending. If you are still at a status of "Awaiting Results” for more than a week after attending FSAC, you will not get your result until pass marks are reviewed further. Reviews of pass marks are planned for end of January, mid February and mid March and April when the final pass marks will be set. FSAC feedback reports will be made available online incrementally by the end of April at the latest, and can be accessed from the “View Results” link for candidates who have been marked as successful or unsuccessful.

ReputationRep:
    Getting to close of business for the week it seems... no news here

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys I have a quick question about the FSAC Group Exercise:

I know we are all given a mutual brief as well as each given a specific position to argue our point. However, from what I have read it sounds like we are marked on arguing our position and thus having our "option" chosen, which seems very unlike any other assessment centre group exercise I have ever attended. Am I misinterpreting this or do we actually gain marks in having our option being chosen rather than just assuring we all come to an agreement on any persons option?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuiop1993)
    From the website:

RESULTS FOR FAST STREAM ASSESSMENT CENTRE (FSAC) – Initial FSAC pass marks have been applied, and candidates who have attended FSAC will be assessed against these normally within 3 working days of attending. If you are still at a status of "Awaiting Results” for more than a week after attending FSAC, you will not get your result until pass marks are reviewed further. Reviews of pass marks are planned for end of January, mid February and mid March and April when the final pass marks will be set. FSAC feedback reports will be made available online incrementally by the end of April at the latest, and can be accessed from the “View Results” link for candidates who have been marked as successful or unsuccessful.
    How illuminating. O, the joys of copy and paste. I can, in fact, search out and read information on my own however so I have already seen that.

As it is less than one week after I attended the assessment you'll note I was asking other attendees from Tuesday whether anyone from the group has had a positive response yet. This was to ascertain whether everyone in the group is still 'awaiting' or whether at least some have heard, which would indicate whether others of us have been 'amber banded'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nori85)
    Guys I have a quick question about the FSAC Group Exercise:

I know we are all given a mutual brief as well as each given a specific position to argue our point. However, from what I have read it sounds like we are marked on arguing our position and thus having our "option" chosen, which seems very unlike any other assessment centre group exercise I have ever attended. Am I misinterpreting this or do we actually gain marks in having our option being chosen rather than just assuring we all come to an agreement on any persons option?
    It is about striking the right balance between arguing for your assigned section's chosen policy options (and against those your section is opposed to) and ensuring that the group keeps to time and reaches a conclusion and consensus through negotiation.

The point is demonstrating you have the right competencies - you can make your case, but be inclusive, show willingness to compromise etc. - rather than your policy option 'winning' as such. Only one person in a group can have their policy initiative be the first preference, after all. In fact, having your policy 'win' could be something of a disadvantage if it means you then might switch off and fail to engage constructively with the other options.

ReputationRep:
    Given that 4 of us from the FSAC on the 6th have not heard anything yet, I'm going to assume that the results have not been distributed yet. (Unless all 4 of us were amber-banded which seems unlikely, or unless you guys heard anything in the meantime?)

The wait continues :eek:

How illuminating. O, the joys of copy and paste. I can, in fact, search out and read information on my own however so I have already seen that.

As it is less than one week after I attended the assessment you'll note I was asking other attendees from Tuesday whether anyone from the group has had a positive response yet. This was to ascertain whether everyone in the group is still 'awaiting' or whether at least some have heard, which would indicate whether others of us have been 'amber banded'.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know whether we can start work straight after end of year exams but before graduating? On the condition that you provide your transcript/qualifications as soon as they're received of course.

ReputationRep:

There's no need to be so derisive, I was only trying to help and wasn't sure if you had seen the message (I didn't know how recently the message had gone up and I only saw it after reading your post). The way you worded your initial question made it seem like a general enquiry about when one should suspect that one has been amber-banded...

At any rate, thanks for the pointers re. the Group Exercise. My Assessment Centre is coming up soon and I'm pretty nervous. Need all the help I can get ha.

ReputationRep:
    Just to mention that I also attended the assessment centre on the 6th and I'm still awaiting results. There was talk ours was the first assessment centre for the DS so perhaps that's the cause of the delay.

Fingers crossed for everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyuiop1993)
    There's no need to be so derisive, I was only trying to help and wasn't sure if you had seen the message (I didn't know how recently the message had gone up and I only saw it after reading your post). The way you worded your initial question made it seem like a general enquiry about when one should suspect that one has been amber-banded...

At any rate, thanks for the pointers re. the Group Exercise. My Assessment Centre is coming up soon and I'm pretty nervous. Need all the help I can get ha.
    I'm sorry. You are completely right. I was gratuitously dismissive and condescending. I misinterpreted your post as having been intended to patronise as I had, as is now obvious, already seen that message. Thank you for responding in a civil manner.

Glad the group exercise tips helpful. I found it to be one of the most enjoyable aspects of the day actually, but maybe I was just lucky with my group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProbablyNoGod)
    Anyone know whether we can start work straight after end of year exams but before graduating? On the condition that you provide your transcript/qualifications as soon as they're received of course.
    Remind me what scheme you're going for? Corporate fast streamers (generalists/dats/EFS amongst others) all start on one of two days (near the beginnings of September and October)

ReputationRep:
    God, I'm so glad the AC is out the way. Brutal.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I've recently submitted all my forms and it has now updated to say my academic reference is "requested" but my employment reference is "not requested", does this mean they won't bother checking it? Or maybe they will do it after the academic one? I only ask because my academic reference is just the head of my course who doesn't really know me (we don't get personal tutors), and I know my employment references would be much better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GManTheGMan)
    Remind me what scheme you're going for? Corporate fast streamers (generalists/dats/EFS amongst others) all start on one of two days (near the beginnings of September and October)
    I'm on the Economist stream. I'm really hoping I can start straight after uni ends. Failing that I'll have to find another job to see me over the summer!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.