Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here know what the social life in Warwick is like? Do many Warwick students go out to bigger cities like Birmingham and stuff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fha96)
    Anyone here know what the social life in Warwick is like? Do many Warwick students go out to bigger cities like Birmingham and stuff?
    Went to Birmingham a good few times when I was at warwick but never for nights out. Almost impossible to get back cheap unless you're going with a society which has hired a coach or something. People tend to go to coventry more because it has kasbah which is a (relatively) really good club. The social life was ok, halls were sociable, societies all good, it's what you make of it to be honest. Location is the huge disadvantage warwick has over other unis.

ReputationRep:
    Got my first offer from my backup choice UEA!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I just got a Warwick offer Literally so happy because this will probably be my firm once I'm rejected from Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    I just got a Warwick offer Literally so happy because this will probably be my firm once I'm rejected from Cambridge
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abccba120)
    Congrats!
    Thank you! This is literally the best one yet, like my other offers I was like cool yeaaaa, but this is my next favourite after Cambridge so wahooooo

ReputationRep:
    Just got an AAB offer from Bristol for Econ!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Where did you get your other offers from? Where else are you aplying? & congrats!!! Warwick is my first choice as well...... If i get an offer haha 😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Congrats!
    Thank you and well done on your Bristol offer!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doublecc123)
    Where did you get your other offers from? Where else are you aplying? & congrats!!! Warwick is my first choice as well...... If i get an offer haha 😀
    I've got offers from leeds and nottingham and an interview from cambridge, just waiting on durham now you heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've got offers from leeds and nottingham and an interview from cambridge, just waiting on durham now you heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My application was sent on Monday but I got an offer from UEA today which is my backup waiting on Warwick, Bath, Notts and York

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doublecc123)
    My application was sent on Monday but I got an offer from UEA today which is my backup waiting on Warwick, Bath, Notts and York
    Well done on UEA, Notts were pretty speedy with me so you'll probably hear from them soon-ish

ReputationRep:
    Well done on UEA, Notts were pretty speedy with me so you'll probably hear from them soon-ish
    I hope haha

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to everyone who got offers today!
    Also got my first offer from Bristol- AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr234)
    Congratulations to everyone who got offers today!
    Also got my first offer from Bristol- AAB
    Congrats! Was this for straight econ (3yrs) ? If so & if you don't mind what were your AS grades + subjects & predictions?

ReputationRep:
    Nice one!! What are your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abccba120)
    Congrats! Was this for straight econ (3yrs) ? If so & if you don't mind what were your AS grades + subjects & predictions?
    Thank you and yes for straight econ
    GCSE's- 7A*'s 3A's (inc maths)
    AS achieved- AAAA (maths econ bio chem)
    A2 predictions- A*A*A*a (maths econ chem & AS further maths)
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Follett)
    Nice one!! What are your predicted grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    4A*s (so unlikely hahaha) but I have a B in AS Chinese from last year too, still undecided as to whether I'll resit the speaking hmm

ReputationRep:
    4A*s (so unlikely hahaha) but I have a B in AS Chinese from last year too, still undecided as to whether I'll resit the speaking hmm
    Wow, nice grades! Good luck with the Cambridge interview

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.