Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yea I'm part of the crew too, haven't heard a thing from them. It seemed like an odd idea to make the interview response date on a saturday. By the sounds of it they gave out rejections and waiting lists today, so you could say that bodes well. But I wouldn't wanna get your hopes up too much ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samfitzp)
    Yea I'm part of the crew too, haven't heard a thing from them. It seemed like an odd idea to make the interview response date on a saturday. By the sounds of it they gave out rejections and waiting lists today, so you could say that bodes well. But I wouldn't wanna get your hopes up too much ^^
    Welcome to the crew, although it's not exactly a nice one to be a member of right now :/

I don't think any replies came on Saturday? I think there were a few rejections earlier in the week, loads of offers on Wednesday, and then since then it's just been rejections/waiting list.

I'm not exactly hopeful but we'll have to just wait and see. I think it'd be bizarre to randomly give some people offers later but maybe I'm just being pessimistic! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    WOOO flying out tomorrow for Exeter, one of my teachers mentioned it'll be snowing so i'm really looking forward to the change in weather. Any advice for stuff to do while I'm there? I'm gonna be there for an extra day after the interview and I don't want to stay in my room all day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    Welcome to the crew, although it's not exactly a nice one to be a member of right now :/

I don't think any replies came on Saturday? I think there were a few rejections earlier in the week, loads of offers on Wednesday, and then since then it's just been rejections/waiting list.

I'm not exactly hopeful but we'll have to just wait and see. I think it'd be bizarre to randomly give some people offers later but maybe I'm just being pessimistic! Good luck
    Ahh didn't realise that! I guess it'll be monday to hear then :/ Thanks, and good luck too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ea1997)
    I got this too!!extremely frustrating as i have an offer already but would make exeter my first choice definitely.
    are you going to put medical sciences first choice then so you can get on the waiting list for Medicine even though you have another offer??

It's so annoying!! As even if I did put medical sciences as first choice I would be put on the waiting list for Medicine hopefully. But then if I didn't get a last minute offer for Medicine then I would legally have to study Medical sciences at Exeter if I got the grades! its so frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GGardner)
    are you going to put medical sciences first choice then so you can get on the waiting list for Medicine even though you have another offer??

It's so annoying!! As even if I did put medical sciences as first choice I would be put on the waiting list for Medicine hopefully. But then if I didn't get a last minute offer for Medicine then I would legally have to study Medical sciences at Exeter if I got the grades! its so frustrating!
    Surely no-one with an offer would risk everything to be on an 'if you're really lucky then maybe' waiting list?
    I can't help but feel that with A*AA offers and 'hostile/compromising' waiting lists Exeter are going to need to fill a few more last-minute places than usual this August. I suppose it'll become clearer once we know whether they are also holding a conventional post-interview waiting list. At the moment it all seems a little off-putting to me...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The whole process has been so illogical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Gin)
    Surely no-one with an offer would risk everything to be on an 'if you're really lucky then maybe' waiting list?
    I can't help but feel that with A*AA offers and 'hostile/compromising' waiting lists Exeter are going to need to fill a few more last-minute places than usual this August. I suppose it'll become clearer once we know whether they are also holding a conventional post-interview waiting list. At the moment it all seems a little off-putting to me...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I'm not going to risk it, i wanted to go to exeter but i want to study medicine more, going to transfer my application to med sciences though and possibly put that as an insurance

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not going to risk it, i wanted to go to exeter but i want to study medicine more, going to transfer my application to med sciences though and possibly put that as an insurance
    Sounds very sensible. If they want you they'll know exactly where to find you and, if they don't, you won't have wasted an opportunity of a lifetime elsewhere.
    Where is your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I completely agree with you!! there doesn't seem to be a normal post interview waiting list!! and I don't think anyone would risk putting medical science as first choice!!

ReputationRep:
    yeh that's what im going to do to!! but then if we put it as an insurance, then apparently that means we are not on the waiting list!! We only get put on the medicine waiting list if we put medical science as first choice!! but still its worth I try!! Exeter was my first choice for medicine!!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's just a lame way to make people feel they aren't totally worthless rejects. Catch 22 or what?!

ReputationRep:
    Midnight on 1st of Feb. It's official, they've lied!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PharmaGiles)
    Midnight on 1st of Feb. It's official, they've lied!
    That means we get offers by default right?

ReputationRep:
    How many waiting lists are there?!?

It appears there is the "no-interview-yet-but-maybe-later" waiting list, then a waiting list for the near misses at interview, then one for the perhaps not-quite-as-near-misses who need to firm medical sciences...and finally, the best list of all; the unofficial "whoops we forgot you even applied list"

Yay

ReputationRep:
    My Dad said ( and he is in a position to know) "that's the trouble with Exeter-they think they're Oxford. It's why they split with Peninsula". NOW he expresses an opinion!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troyca)
    My Dad said ( and he is in a position to know) "that's the trouble with Exeter-they think they're Oxford. It's why they split with Peninsula". NOW he expresses an opinion!!
    Hahaha, love it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sounds very sensible. If they want you they'll know exactly where to find you and, if they don't, you won't have wasted an opportunity of a lifetime elsewhere.
    Where is your offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My offer is for cardiff, do you have any offers?

ReputationRep:
    My offer is for cardiff, do you have any offers?
    My daughter has offers for Plymouth and Exeter and is waiting post-interview on UEA and Brighton.
    Cardiff's great - you'll have a wonderful time there!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I was just wondering how you would answer the why Exeter and why medicine at Exeter question?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.