Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    Let's take our eyes off the pretty girl here for a minute to discuss the fact that Miami got absolutely spanked last night.

OK that's about all there is to discuss about that game. Enjoy Wembley everyone
    Well, I think that 47 yard TD to Gronk a few plays after the Pats converted a 3rd and 16 deep in their own half on a screen play, really set the tone. The Miami defense was generally good forcing something like 5 straight punts or something iirc, and their offense really self destructed. Just an absolute horror show from the offense buried the team, since the defense was so gassed.

Brady's playing angry as well...and the Pats have an underrated defense. They have only allowed their opponents to really score on them in garbage time thus far into the season.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I didn't quite realise that. Was not giving our defence enough credit haha

ReputationRep:
    Oh snap..........Miami!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Duke comes back from a nine point 4th quarter deficit to take the lead with 0:06 on the clock and then this happens.

It was a real controversial ending. Two reviews which took 10 minutes in total. The reason why the block in the backs were not called is because they called block in the back and then picked up the flag before they reviewed it, so it was non-reviewable. The reviews were just to check that no knees were down and the laterals were all good. There were at least three borderline blocks from Miami on that one.

Definite shades of "The Play" from Cal-Stanford in 1982 though.

ReputationRep:
    I saw the abridged version of this play. There's even 12 men on the field as the Hurricanes hit the 5 yard line (It's a bench player running on to celebrate; he also has no helmet)! I can understand why Duke are very annoyed by the whole debacle. It's an interesting play though, good to see. We saw the Steelers run something similar in 2014, there was that Manziel sideline pass too. Trick plays are great fun for us as fans even if we don't entirely know the rules around them. Sometimes the players don't either (see Wake Forest v Presbyterian 2010)

ReputationRep:
    Man, the Lions look so inept. Even after the changes they made last week, is it time for a full-on clearout?

ReputationRep:
    Le'Veon Bell... That looks bad.

ReputationRep:
    Our D is straight ballin'

ReputationRep:
    Dalton is BACK! Choking like a true Bengal.

ReputationRep:
    No D in the Saints Giants game :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    No D in the Saints Giants game :rofl:
    There was a pick 6! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Fitzpatrick went down making another of his Harvard decisions and diving headfirst into Charles Woodson instead of sliding. I doubt it's serious but I wonder if he comes back or they use this as an excuse to bench him.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like the Giants lost another game after facecaging a guy who wasn't even allowed to advance the ball. Luckily they still play in a division where none of the teams have any players so it's all good.

ReputationRep:
    God we make hard work of games. Great defensive stand though. Kwon Alexander is legit.

ReputationRep:
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo

Not this way!!! Not this way!!! Please please please dear goodness I hope that isn't Steve Smith's final play in the NFL...

Not to a torn Achilles. Not after overtaking Chris Carter's career yardage total.

:cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2::cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    God we make hard work of games. Great defensive stand though. Kwon Alexander is legit.
    Jameis was really impressive. I only saw one or two really bad throws from him. The rest were proper NFL throws, in tight windows, to a receiver on one and a half legs as well. His decision making and leadership really stood out as well. He positive body-language in that overtime was a boon to that offense. Loved his gutsy blocking as well. He's not afraid to get dirty for the sake of the team, which is really impressive. Kwon Alexander was really impressive. I thought it was absolutely amazing that he had the green dot on his helmet too. Must mean the coaching staff have a lot of trust in him. And wow, he really turned up.

Tampa's young o-line is also gelling as well. Yes, Doug Martin and the running game struggled, but they got good push. I honestly can't say I heard anything about Ali Marpet or Donavon Smith in that game, so they had a very solid game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    Jameis was really impressive. I only saw one or two really bad throws from him. The rest were proper NFL throws, in tight windows, to a receiver on one and a half legs as well. His decision making and leadership really stood out as well. He positive body-language in that overtime was a boon to that offense. Loved his gutsy blocking as well. He's not afraid to get dirty for the sake of the team, which is really impressive. Kwon Alexander was really impressive. I thought it was absolutely amazing that he had the green dot on his helmet too. Must mean the coaching staff have a lot of trust in him. And wow, he really turned up.

Tampa's young o-line is also gelling as well. Yes, Doug Martin and the running game struggled, but they got good push. I honestly can't say I heard anything about Ali Marpet or Donavon Smith in that game, so they had a very solid game.
    It's just a shame they blew that huge lead last week. Could be 4-3 and about to attack the weakest division in the nfc if not the nfl.

ReputationRep:
    It's just a shame they blew that huge lead last week. Could be 4-3 and about to attack the weakest division in the nfc if not the nfl.
    Oh for sure, I agree wholeheartedly. But, there's reasons to be very optimistic, considering the progress that has been made with the OL and with Jameis. The defense is starting to click into gear, the kicking game is solidified with Connor Barth (glad that he landed on his feet with his new-old team, btw) perfect so far and kicking touchbacks. Just have to have everyone heal up.

ReputationRep:
    Some similarities between the Jags and Bucs as far as making winning difficult. Your defence has more playmakers and your offense has more vets making it a little easier to get out of the holes you did though.

ReputationRep:
    I see Dez Bryant is showing his class. Taunting, 'that's what he ******* gets,' after Ricardo Lockette is knocked unconscious, doesn't move for a while and has to be carted off to hospital after a big, big hit on special teams, is not cool.

Yes, Lockette does have history on special teams, but Dez needs to learn to shut up his mouth. I sincerely hope Lockette's okay. At the end of the day, football's just a game, and there's more to life than football.

ReputationRep:
    Packers will crush the Broncos tonight. Shame I can't watch it

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.