Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by docmcstuffin)
    Anyone who applied on/before 21st October had an offer for English Literature yet? I'm just curious and soo impatient haha (applied to Hatfield)
    I applied on the 8th October and still waiting for English and History

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kezkel)
    HI,
    just received an email from Durham university saying that my application for psychology was unsuccessful however they have decided to consider me for Applied Psychology.
    Does anyone know if this is a generic email that everyone who doesn't get in to psychology gets, or does it actually mean I have a chance? Has anyone else got this email?
    Any advice or commons would be greatly appreciated.
    It won't be generic, my friend was told to apply for a different course by another university when she was rejected from her original course, and she got on the new course no bother as she got the offer pretty much next day. Some universities have a policy that if they still like an applicant but don't think they suit a course they'll offer them a different course. You stand a good chance of getting in for applied psychology!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jill800)
    It's okay- Maybe because you included film in your PS they won't necessarily think that, so I would try to keep positive until you hear back :/ good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!
    Did you receive anything from Durham (or from your other choices)?

ReputationRep:
    Just put Durham as insurance and now I think I'm going to pass out :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scratchedpaw)
    It won't be generic, my friend was told to apply for a different course by another university when she was rejected from her original course, and she got on the new course no bother as she got the offer pretty much next day. Some universities have a policy that if they still like an applicant but don't think they suit a course they'll offer them a different course. You stand a good chance of getting in for applied psychology!!!
    Thank you so much
    I was really panicking because the email felt really genetic, it says about the course differences and accommodation options. They havent even asked me to apply for the other course they just said that they will consider me for it
    I hope I hear soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kezkel)
    Thank you so much
    I was really panicking because the email felt really genetic, it says about the course differences and accommodation options. They havent even asked me to apply for the other course they just said that they will consider me for it
    I hope I hear soon
    Hopefully you will do

ReputationRep:
    Aw that's lovely to hear!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahmcallister)
    I applied on the 8th October and still waiting for English and History
    I got an offer on Monday but I've not heard many people get offers at all so I don't think they've started really giving them out in bulk yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PunkyCupcake)
    International relations offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh my god, finally, well done!!! You've been waiting ages, but congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamgara)
    Thanks!
    Did you receive anything from Durham (or from your other choices)?
    If you mean offers not yet and I have 3 from Warwick, Nottingham and Royal Holloway

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jill800)
    If you mean offers not yet and I have 3 from Warwick, Nottingham and Royal Holloway

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, I meant that! Congratulations, I also received one from Warwick, the others are pending.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamgara)
    Yes, I meant that! Congratulations, I also received one from Warwick, the others are pending.
    Thank you! Congrats to you too Warwick is my second favourite after Durham- good luck with the others!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by docmcstuffin)
    Anyone who applied on/before 21st October had an offer for English Literature yet? I'm just curious and soo impatient haha (applied to Hatfield)
    I applied on 22nd October and I haven't heard back either! I chose Hatfield too!!! I'm beginning to get very impatient. Hopefully we'll hear by the end of Feb
    Best of luck x

ReputationRep:
    I wonder, am I the only person here who didn't have a preference for college? I made an open application, although hoping for Josephine Butler if I'm lucky enough to get an offer. Application was confirmed on 1st October so I'd like to hope it's not going to be too much longer, but if SOAS is anything to go by I'll be waiting 3 months longer than everyone else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleanor27)
    Only Exeter... still waiting on Scotland... what about you?
    I have offers from all but Durham.. and I think Durham will be my first choice if I get an offer!

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer for Politics! St. Aidan's for AAA, absolutely chuffed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by na1198ch)
    oh my god, finally, well done!!! You've been waiting ages, but congrats!
    Thank you! I know, it longed out my life so much but I can finally rest now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ziggyystardust)
    I applied on 22nd October and I haven't heard back either! I chose Hatfield too!!! I'm beginning to get very impatient. Hopefully we'll hear by the end of Feb
    Best of luck x
    I applied early november and still nothing also :/

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected for History a few days ago and applied in October so if you haven't heard yet it's probably good news!! Well done to all with offers!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who applied for economics after the Oxbridge deadline ha an offer yet??

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.