Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

The TSR Musicians & Artists Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    Quiz Time! :party:
    Please do not use the internet or other users' submissions to search for or copy answers for this quiz. It is intended to be a bit of fun, so cheating would only take that away.

Answers are to be posted in spoilers, as well as any discussion in relation to the answers. It is also important to note that the deadline for this quiz is 7pm on Saturday 5th November. It is still an option to post answers after the deadline but these shall not be included in the leaderboard. (:gasp:)
    Please note: answers may be edited if you wish to change them. However, this must be completed before the deadline. Should you wish to edit any of your answers, retain the original answer and type the new one next to it, stating a reason for your change in answer.

Questions:
    Spoiler:
    Show

1. 'I Will Never Let You Down', became which singer's fourth UK number one in 2014?

2. Who is noted for his guitar solo on Stairway to Heaven and which rock band is he a member of?

3. Who had a hit single with ‘Mmmbop’ in 1997?

4. The Weeknd named his song ‘Starboy’ as a tribute to which artist?

5. What is the name of the song and artist at no. 1 in the Vodafone Big Top 40?

6. Which country is Shakira from?

7. ‘Ode to Joy’ was composed by who ? (extra points if you can guess which symphony it is from)

8. a) What is rapper Steven Adam Markowitz professionally known as?
    b) In which month did he release his latest album this year?

9. ‘Purple Lamborghini’ is a single by DJ Skrillex and rapper Rick Ross, released as a soundtrack for which 2016 movie?

The final question shall be focused on the Grammys 2016
    10. a) Name the artist and song title for Song of the Year
    b) The Best Rap Album ‘To Pimp a Butterfly’ is by which artist?
    c) i) Taylor Swift won a Grammy with her album ‘1989’ for which 2 categories?
    Best Pop Vocal Album
    Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album
    Best Urban Contemporary Album
    Best R&B Album
    Album of the Year
    ii) How old is Taylor Swift?

It's not as good as Rhythmical's quiz but hey ho, enjoy

Tagging in users who may be interested
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    :console: You ok sis? :hugs:

takes talent to play the drums well :yep:
    Hahaha to a certain extent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    I only play the bongos and other types of drums... ya'll seem musically talented
    Feel free to do the quiz :awesome:
    :console: You ok sis? :hugs:
    Just about to post the quiz then my laptop went weird and deleted it all before I could hit 'submit reply'
    All done now though

Enjoy :ahee:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Please do not use the internet or other users' submissions to search for or copy answers for this quiz. It is intended to be a bit of fun, so cheating would only take that away.

Answers are to be posted in spoilers, as well as any discussion in relation to the answers. It is also important to note that the deadline for this quiz is 7pm on Saturday 5th November. It is still an option to post answers after the deadline but these shall not be included in the leaderboard. (:gasp:)
    Please note: answers may be edited if you wish to change them. However, this must be completed before the deadline. Should you wish to edit any of your answers, retain the original answer and type the new one next to it, stating a reason for your change in answer.

Questions:
    Spoiler:
    Show

1. 'I Will Never Let You Down', became which singer's fourth UK number one in 2014?

2. Who is noted for his guitar solo on Stairway to Heaven and which rock band is he a member of?

7. ‘Ode to Joy’ was composed by who ? (extra points if you can guess which symphony it is from)

9. ‘Purple Lamborghini’ is a single by DJ Skrillex and rapper Rick Ross, released as a soundtrack for which 2016 movie?

Best Pop Vocal Album
    Best R&B Album
    Album of the Year

Thank you so much for doing this yours is way better than my quiz :mmm:

ReputationRep:

Questions:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Best Pop Vocal Album
    Best R&B Album
    Album of the Year

Matrix, you do know that there is this magical thing, arguably better than a genie, that will answer all these questions and can help me and the others! and that is...........
    Spoiler:
    Show

Google! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I got so excited but then realized that I don't know any of the answers. :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Thank you so much for doing this yours is way better than my quiz :mmm:
    No worries
    And nahh :noway:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    Matrix, you do know that there is this magical thing, arguably better than a genie, that will answer all these questions and can help me and the others! and that is...........
    Spoiler:
    Show

Google! :ahee:
    Hamza. No!:hmmm:
    What does it say in italics at the top? No Internet for this:rolleyes:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    I got so excited but then realized that I don't know any of the answers. :ashamed:
    Aww just try - tbh I probably only know about 2 (if I'm lucky). I just Googled random facts :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Hahaha to a certain extent
    XD

Feel free to do the quiz :awesome:

Just about to post the quiz then my laptop went weird and deleted it all before I could hit 'submit reply'
    All done now though

Enjoy :ahee:
    ah :console: It looks fab though! Unfortunately I'm short on time right now, not that I know many of the answers anyway :rofl:
    Remind me to do it at some point :/ urgh going through a busy period

ReputationRep:
    Aww just try - tbh I probably only know about 2 (if I'm lucky). I just Googled random facts :rofl:
    Hey, how is this fair? You set these painful questions when you don't know the answers yourself. :lol: Sneaky Matrix.

ReputationRep:
    . 'I Will Never Let You Down', became which singer's fourth UK number one in 2014?
    Rita Ora

Michael Jackson

Lebanon and Colombia

S-Squad

Ed Sheeran

50 Cent lol such a random guess

Best Pop Vocal Album
    Album of the Year

26(idk)
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Questions:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Best Pop Vocal Album
    Best R&B Album
    Album of the Year

Can't answer half these questions

Spoiler:
    Show

1. Rita Ora
    2. Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin
    3. Not a clue
    4. David Bowie maybe
    5. Little Mix- Shoutout to My Ex
    6. Colombia
    7. Beethoven, No Idea Which Symphony
    8. No Clue, No Clue
    9. Suicide Squad
    10. Thinking Out Loud Ed Sheeran, Kendrick Lamar, Album of the Year and Best Pop Vocal Album (Remember Album of the Year was bettwen Lamar and Swift forgot which one won, I would hazard a guess and say it is Taylor,), 22 was 2 or 3 or 4 years ago so I am going with the highest number so 26
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

Questions:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Best Pop Vocal Album
    Best R&B Album
    Album of the Year

Spoiler:
    Show

Led zeppelin , Jimmy Page

Spoiler:
    Show

Colombia

Spoiler:
    Show

beethoven symphony no. 9

Spoiler:
    Show

hoodie Allen
    b) January

Spoiler:
    Show

Suicide Squad!

10c

Spoiler:
    Show

Album of the year and best pop vocal album
    ii.) 26, 27 next month I think (birthday 13/12 iirc)

ReputationRep:

Questions:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Best Pop Vocal Album
    Best R&B Album
    Album of the Year

Spoiler:
    Show

7 - I can say with 80% certainty that it's from Beethoven's fifth.
    With the others, a lot of the answers are on the tip of my tongue.. :moon:

OH yeah, 2 is Led Zeppelin, I think?

David Bowie for 4?

The rest are completely random guesses, either because I can't remember or don't know:

1 - Rita Ora
    6 - South Africa
    8a - Example

And I feel like Taylor Swift is 25 or 26.. Idek

I know I messed a lot up, and sorry about the order!

• Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by saraxh)
    . 'I Will Never Let You Down', became which singer's fourth UK number one in 2014?
    Rita Ora

Lebanon and Colombia

S-Squad

Ed Sheeran

50 Cent lol such a random guess

Best Pop Vocal Album
    Album of the Year

26(idk)
    Answer should be in spoilers lool
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by NotNotBatman)

Spoiler:
    Show

Led zeppelin , Jimmy Page

Spoiler:
    Show

Colombia

Spoiler:
    Show

beethoven symphony no. 9

Spoiler:
    Show

hoodie Allen
    b) January

Spoiler:
    Show

Suicide Squad!

10c

Spoiler:
    Show

Album of the year and best pop vocal album
    ii.) 26, 27 next month I think (birthday 13/12 iirc)

Spoiler:
    Show

Darn forgot about Jimmy Page

x
    Spoiler:
    Show

Best Pop Vocal Album
    Best R&B Album
    Album of the Year

Spoiler:
    Show

1) Rita Ora
    2) Jimi Hendrix? idk that one
    3) Oh gosh, it was those 3 white boys i don't know their names.
    4) David Bowie?
    5) Closer Chainsmokers? idk that one
    6) Colombia and her hips most certainly don't lie
    7) Bach?
    8)a Eminem?
    b idk march?
    9)Fast and Furious?
    10) Thinking out Loud by Ed Sheeran
    Kanye West?
    Best pop vocal and Album of the year?
    Tae tae is 27

ReputationRep:
    No worries
    And nahh :noway:

Hamza. No!:hmmm:
    What does it say in italics at the top? No Internet for this:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah but if someone did use it, how'd u know baaji?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamza772000)
    Yeah but if someone did use it, how'd u know baaji?
    I wouldn't, but I trust that no one will. If they do, shame on them:dontknow:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    Hey, how is this fair? You set these painful questions when you don't know the answers yourself. :lol: Sneaky Matrix.
    I'm not doing it so...:mmm:
    XD
    That means the grade boundaries are low :rofl:
    :ahee:
    XD

ah :console: It looks fab though! Unfortunately I'm short on time right now, not that I know many of the answers anyway :rofl:
    Remind me to do it at some point :/ urgh going through a busy period
    Thanks
    Aww don't worry:hugs:
    You have until Saturday anyway
    I'll try to, or at least will tag before the deadline

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't, but I trust that no one will. If they do, shame on them:dontknow:

I'm not doing it so...:mmm:
    XD
    That means the grade boundaries are low :rofl:
    :ahee:

Thanks
    Aww don't worry:hugs:
    You have until Saturday anyway
    I'll try to, or at least will tag before the deadline

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Woo! true haha, good baaji!
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    1. 'I Will Never Let You Down', became which singer's fourth UK number one in 2014? Rita Ora

2. Who is noted for his guitar solo on Stairway to Heaven and which rock band is he a member of? Jimmy Paige, Led Zeppelin (that double neck SG though )

3. Who had a hit single with ‘Mmmbop’ in 1997? Hansen?

4. The Weeknd named his song ‘Starboy’ as a tribute to which artist? Not a clue. David Bowie?

5. What is the name of the song and artist at no. 1 in the Vodafone Big Top 40? Little Mix - Shout out to my Ex (why do I know this?)

6. Which country is Shakira from? Colombia

7. ‘Ode to Joy’ was composed by who ? (extra points if you can guess which symphony it is from) Beethoven. I think it's the 9th Symphony, but not 100% sure.

8. a) What is rapper Steven Adam Markowitz professionally known as? Not a clue

9. ‘Purple Lamborghini’ is a single by DJ Skrillex and rapper Rick Ross, released as a soundtrack for which 2016 movie? Fast and Furious? I don't bloody know xD

b) The Best Rap Album ‘To Pimp a Butterfly’ is by which artist? Kendrick Lamar right?
    Best Pop Vocal Album (this one)
    Best R&B Album
    Album of the Year (and this one?)
    ii) How old is Taylor Swift? 24

That was tough

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 31, 2017
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.