Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Btw does anyone think that paper was harder than all the recent papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anygy)
    i cancelled it down to 1-√6 / 4 (divided the three and 12 by 3)... Would that work..? The annoying thing is that i wrote the right answer (3-√6 /12) above it, but for some stupid reason i thought that i could simplify it further.. think I'll still get the mark for writing the correct answer even though my final answer was incorrect?
    You will get 2/3. And the cancelling was silly because your final answer was a negative value... for an area lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakstar)
    Btw does anyone think that paper was harder than all the recent papers?
    Easier.

ReputationRep:
    For the crisps question, I wrote that the sample wouldn't be suitable as adults tend to go food shopping so adults would be a better target audience than the maths class do you think I would get the mark for that??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    No, it does't work like that.
    you can cancel down by 3

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the grade boundaries will be out of 200 for an A? I got roughly 63-70 on this and I'm just hoping it's around 130 rather than 139 like one of the years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophia369)
    For the crisps question, I wrote that the sample wouldn't be suitable as adults tend to go food shopping so adults would be a better target audience than the maths class do you think I would get the mark for that??
    eh if you get a nice examiner maybe, probably not though they're looking for something like sample size is too small, as a result it does not represent the general populous etc..

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dominikondou)
    you can cancel down by 3
    No you can't cancel √6/3 to √2 that's ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at 82 would that be enough for an a*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 000021)
    Depends on calc and grade boundaries. Really you'd want to get 85+ on calc now for the A*, imo

ReputationRep:
    Yes if you only get around at least the same mark or 83 to ensure you get an A* in the calculator paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hhannah_b)
    I put 0.7x10^9 instead of 7x10^8 for the standard form. But aren't both acceptable in standard form anyway...?
    I ****ed up on mine😂😭 I should have just simply divided 35 by 5 not 3.5 by 5 cause I sat there for 10 minutes trying to work out what 3.5 divided by 5 is when I should have just divided 35 by 5 and turn to decimal😭 I felt so dumb after the exam like I just wasted 10 minutes on what must be the easiest question ever and I turned it hard by my stupidness😂😭😭😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj;[url="tel:65214607")
    65214607[/url]]Depends on calc and grade boundaries. Really you'd want to get 85+ on calc now for the A*, imo
    I'm generally better on calculator it's annoying though because I feel as if I knew enough for somewhere around 92

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farooq Sayed)
    What Are The predicted grade Boundaries?
    Also for 19 (a)(ii) I wrote 5.2 and -1.2 (which is 0.1 of actual answer). Will i still get marks?
    By The Way I am looking at 82 (85 if the question above gets me three marks). Will that be an A* and what mark would I need in calculator to secure an A*

ReputationRep:
    The grade boundaries my teachers are predicting is around the 164- 166 mark range out of 200 to get an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra00)
    I also got 75, very happy with that.
    49 happy but annoyed I didn't do better. I really want 'B'!

ReputationRep:
    I'm generally better on calculator it's annoying though because I feel as if I knew enough for somewhere around 92
    Yup same here, expected to get 100/100, now worst case scenario 93/100, which is still pretty good, but I dropped a lot of stupid marks I shouldn't have.

ReputationRep:
    Where is a foundation one

ReputationRep:
    Estimated around 54 with harsh marking, do you think the grade boundaries will stay the same so it'll be a B?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.