Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme Watch

ReputationRep:
    Btw does anyone think that paper was harder than all the recent papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anygy)
    i cancelled it down to 1-√6 / 4 (divided the three and 12 by 3)... Would that work..? The annoying thing is that i wrote the right answer (3-√6 /12) above it, but for some stupid reason i thought that i could simplify it further.. think I'll still get the mark for writing the correct answer even though my final answer was incorrect?
    You will get 2/3. And the cancelling was silly because your final answer was a negative value... for an area lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakstar)
    Btw does anyone think that paper was harder than all the recent papers?
    Easier.

ReputationRep:
    For the crisps question, I wrote that the sample wouldn't be suitable as adults tend to go food shopping so adults would be a better target audience than the maths class do you think I would get the mark for that??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    No, it does't work like that.
    you can cancel down by 3

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the grade boundaries will be out of 200 for an A? I got roughly 63-70 on this and I'm just hoping it's around 130 rather than 139 like one of the years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophia369)
    For the crisps question, I wrote that the sample wouldn't be suitable as adults tend to go food shopping so adults would be a better target audience than the maths class do you think I would get the mark for that??
    eh if you get a nice examiner maybe, probably not though they're looking for something like sample size is too small, as a result it does not represent the general populous etc..

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dominikondou)
    you can cancel down by 3
    No you can't cancel √6/3 to √2 that's ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at 82 would that be enough for an a*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 000021)
    Depends on calc and grade boundaries. Really you'd want to get 85+ on calc now for the A*, imo

ReputationRep:
    Yes if you only get around at least the same mark or 83 to ensure you get an A* in the calculator paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hhannah_b)
    I put 0.7x10^9 instead of 7x10^8 for the standard form. But aren't both acceptable in standard form anyway...?
    I ****ed up on mine😂😭 I should have just simply divided 35 by 5 not 3.5 by 5 cause I sat there for 10 minutes trying to work out what 3.5 divided by 5 is when I should have just divided 35 by 5 and turn to decimal😭 I felt so dumb after the exam like I just wasted 10 minutes on what must be the easiest question ever and I turned it hard by my stupidness😂😭😭😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj;[url="tel:65214607")
    65214607[/url]]Depends on calc and grade boundaries. Really you'd want to get 85+ on calc now for the A*, imo
    I'm generally better on calculator it's annoying though because I feel as if I knew enough for somewhere around 92

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farooq Sayed)
    What Are The predicted grade Boundaries?
    Also for 19 (a)(ii) I wrote 5.2 and -1.2 (which is 0.1 of actual answer). Will i still get marks?
    By The Way I am looking at 82 (85 if the question above gets me three marks). Will that be an A* and what mark would I need in calculator to secure an A*

ReputationRep:
    The grade boundaries my teachers are predicting is around the 164- 166 mark range out of 200 to get an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra00)
    I also got 75, very happy with that.
    49 happy but annoyed I didn't do better. I really want 'B'!

ReputationRep:
    I'm generally better on calculator it's annoying though because I feel as if I knew enough for somewhere around 92
    Yup same here, expected to get 100/100, now worst case scenario 93/100, which is still pretty good, but I dropped a lot of stupid marks I shouldn't have.

ReputationRep:
    Where is a foundation one

ReputationRep:
    Estimated around 54 with harsh marking, do you think the grade boundaries will stay the same so it'll be a B?

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.