Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pelaitsc45)
    I'm not sure about that, I was looking at some past paper grade boundaries and the majority seem to be around 165 for an A*.

If I get unlucky and get 158 it could very well only be an A.
    Are you sure? I know the A boundary is usually between 125-135 and thought A* was usually between 155-165

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why are my friends saying that the grade boundary for an A will be in the 150-60 region ? This is pissing me off. Tsr is giving hope to live and my friends are making me suicidal.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

ReputationRep:
    Everyone freaking out about trial and improvement and the last question, and I'm just like I got 20 packets of crisps.

ReputationRep:
    the video doesn't include question 1 ? Could someone tell me the marks for it please

ReputationRep:
    r u sure? i thought for question 15 the car depreciates 23% on first year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erodedsoul)
    Are you sure? I know the A boundary is usually between 125-135 and thought A* was usually between 155-165

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's been above 165 a lot, though:

155 for A* in June 2015
    167 for A* in November 2015
    164 for A* in June 2014
    166 for A* in November 2014
    165 for A* in June 2013
    169 for A* in November 2013

A lot of people seemed to find the non-calculator fairly challenging so that might lower the boundaries, although lots felt the calc paper was quite easy too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wimsett)
    the video doesn't include question 1 ? Could someone tell me the marks for it please
    2 for the stem bit, 1 for the probabliity

ReputationRep:
    http://mathsgenie.co.uk/papers/gradebound.pdf

here's what the boundaries have been before

ReputationRep:
    This is really useful however I can't remember how many marks each question was worth and I don't have a copy of the exam paper. Could you please include the marks for each question? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    grade boundary predictions? I thaught it was better than last years but harder than the others

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I got 211/200, do you think that's gonna be enough for a B!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jtb135)
    2 for the stem bit, 1 for the probabliity
    Ta!

ReputationRep:
    what do you think the grade boundaries would be ? i really want an A

i made silly mistakes and the test was abit hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786)
    Will 140 be the highest it can be or is it going to be 140 ? Thanks. I just hope I get an A. I asked my friend and he said no. Why the **** can I not get a straight answer ?

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
    Yh because the lowest an A* has ever been is 155 so 140 has to be the highest for an A. It ranges from 128 to 140 so hopefully its between 130 and 140 this year. I really want to get an average of 65-70 on both papers so I can get an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heirio)
    For question 14, how did you get 3 bars?
    My answer was something like 2.91 (rough guess of what I put) bars but because they're solid objects and the fact that you can't get 0.91 of a bar (I can't word my reasoning right at all, sorry if it makes no sense), I rounded it DOWN right to 2.
    At least I'll get the marks for working out.
    You have the right understanding but wrong numbers. It was about 3.4 I don't remember the exact number then you write 3 bars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samii123)
    Hey guys I got 211/200, do you think that's gonna be enough for a B!?
    Thats an A**, you genius, you beat the system!

ReputationRep:
    For the question with the triangle inside of a triangle where you had to find X how did you work it out??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pelaitsc45)
    It's been above 165 a lot, though:

155 for A* in June 2015
    167 for A* in November 2015
    164 for A* in June 2014
    166 for A* in November 2014
    165 for A* in June 2013
    169 for A* in November 2013

A lot of people seemed to find the non-calculator fairly challenging so that might lower the boundaries, although lots felt the calc paper was quite easy too.
    Average grade boundary is 166, not taking into account June 2015

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Maths.png
Views: 123
Size:  216.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elleee1234)
    its was the one where you had top work out x for the permiter for the recentangle
    x+4 X x i think x= 5 i dont acuatly know if thats right
    couldnt have been 5 if you substituted 5 for x it didnt add up to 45 it was definitely 9.25

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.