Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Thank you

Also I have quiet a few of these..

Do I measure it in cm and convert it to M?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know for certain as the context is not shown but go for metres.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    I don't know for certain as the context is not shown but go for metres.
    Yeah I moved on ill ask my teacher.

How's this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Yeah I moved on ill ask my teacher.

How's this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Correct, though you could just rewrite it as 12000 \cdot 0.9^3 if you can spot what is really happening here.

ReputationRep:
    Correct, though you could just rewrite it as 12000 \cdot 0.9^3 if you can spot what is really happening here.
    Thank you!

I just did this. Looks incorrect as it says how many years will her cat be worth £6000 and I did not get that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Thank you!

I just did this. Looks incorrect as it says how many years will her cat be worth £6000 and I did not get that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So it would be worth £6000 after 6 full years. You can work out the exact amount of years but I don't think you can do that at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    So it would be worth £6000 after 6 full years. You can work out the exact amount of years but I don't think you can do that at GCSE.
    I'm not sure whether it's 6 or 7 years.

6 years is more than £6000

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    I'm not sure whether it's 6 or 7 years.

6 years is more than £6000

Posted from TSR Mobile
    These questions never make anything clear. Technically speaking, it hits £6000 during it's 7th year so it does NOT fully complete the 7 years which is why I'm saying 6.

ReputationRep:
    These questions never make anything clear. Technically speaking, it hits £6000 during it's 7th year so it does NOT fully complete the 7 years which is why I'm saying 6.
    How do I work this out

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Heyaa can you help me on the one above please xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Heyaa can you help me on the one above please xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    m is the gradient and c is the y-intercept so you can figure this from looking at the graph. For the gradient, just pick 2 different coordinates on the line and find the slope as usual.

ReputationRep:
    m is the gradient and c is the y-intercept so you can figure this from looking at the graph. For the gradient, just pick 2 different coordinates on the line and find the slope as usual.
    Is this correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Is this correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Looks correct, yes, though it's hard to determine the gradient from a graph like that without any annotation.

ReputationRep:
    Looks correct, yes, though it's hard to determine the gradient from a graph like that without any annotation.
    Thank you. I find it hard doing it on plain paper lined paper is easier.

This question need explanation please so sorry for being annoying but I need to understand practise papers so I can do them alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Is this okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    its wrong
    power of -4 doesnot mean that you have to multiply it with -4
    its mean multiply value by how many times
    in this question
    2p^-4 = 1/2p^4 =1/2p*2p*2p*2p =1/16p4

hope it make sense
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Thank you. I find it hard doing it on plain paper lined paper is easier.

This question need explanation please so sorry for being annoying but I need to understand practise papers so I can do them alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay so for part A you should consider all the possible combinations from the spinner and the die in order to get a 3. This is a very simple example and I'm sure you can agree that the only way to get a 3 is from getting a 1 and a 2.

So work out the probability that Sally gets a 1 on the spinner, and a 2 on the die, then multiply these probabilities together. You multiply, and NOT add, because this is conditional probability. She will get a 3 on a CONDITION that she get's a 1 followed by a 2 on the respective items.

For part B it's essentially the same thing. List what scores Sally can get that are less than 5 and see how they can be achieved from the two items.

ReputationRep:
    Okay so for part A you should consider all the possible combinations from the spinner and the die in order to get a 3. This is a very simple example and I'm sure you can agree that the only way to get a 3 is from getting a 1 and a 2.

So work out the probability that Sally gets a 1 on the spinner, and a 2 on the die, then multiply these probabilities together. You multiply, and NOT add, because this is conditional probability. She will get a 3 on a CONDITION that she get's a 1 followed by a 2 on the respective items.

For part B it's essentially the same thing. List what scores Sally can get that are less than 5 and see how they can be achieved from the two items.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:

Is that correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Not quite for part B. First list all the possible combinations that will give the score of less than 5. There combinations are:

{1,1}
    {1,2}
    {1,3}

find probabilities for each and add them up

ReputationRep:
    Not quite for part B. First list all the possible combinations that will give the score of less than 5. There combinations are:

{1,1}
    {1,2}
    {1,3}

find probabilities for each and add them up
    1/4 + 1/6?

Do I do that 3 times?

Or 1/4 + 3/6

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    1/4 + 1/6?

Do I do that 3 times?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 10, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.