Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: What Pokemon Go team did you choose?
    Team Valor (Red)
    33.18%
    Team Mystic (Blue)
    46.68%
    Team Instinct (Yellow)
    20.14%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Guys, is there a reason the only starter I ever get from 2k eggs is always a Bulbasaur or is it just crap luck?

EDIT:
    Wouldn't mind a good Charmander/Squirtle (All Squirtles I ever get have terrible IVs...)
    Seems like eggs give you better IVs for starters, gives you an incentive to hatch 2km eggs rather than just waiting for 5Km eggs etc.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, is there a reason the only starter I ever get from 2k eggs is always a Bulbasaur or is it just crap luck?

EDIT:
    Wouldn't mind a good Charmander/Squirtle (All Squirtles I ever get have terrible IVs...)
    Either it's just luck or maybe certain pokestop are more likely to give you certain starters? I've hatched a lot of pidgeys/ratatta/magikarp from 2km eggs too.

Where is this update?! I want to buddy up already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Either it's just luck or maybe certain pokestop are more likely to give you certain starters? I've hatched a lot of pidgeys/ratatta/magikarp from 2km eggs too.

Where is this update?! I want to buddy up already
    The APK is out there if you can't wait for an official roll out, alternatively, sign in to a US based google account.

ReputationRep:

EDIT:
    Just hatched what I believe is my 3rd Bulbasaur (no Charmanders or Squirtles yet).

ReputationRep:
    Guys, have caught a 656CP Bellsprout which has an IV of 71, also have a 607CP one which has an IV of 80.

Haven't decided to evolve yet because I only have 56 candy but, assuming I don't get a stronger one, which to evolve?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys, have caught a 656CP Bellsprout which has an IV of 71, also have a 607CP one which has an IV of 80.

Haven't decided to evolve yet because I only have 56 candy but, assuming I don't get a stronger one, which to evolve?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I doubt you would use either of them to battle so probably doesn't matter. I tend to evolve the higher CP just to try and get as many over CP 1000 as possible

ReputationRep:
    I doubt you would use either of them to battle so probably doesn't matter. I tend to evolve the higher CP just to try and get as many over CP 1000 as possible
    I've calculated that the CP of the Weepenbell if I chose to evolve them will be around 1,000 (higher one guaranteed over 1k) and when I evolve it into Victreebell, will be around 1500.
    So, not bad but could be better.

ReputationRep:
    I've calculated that the CP of the Weepenbell if I chose to evolve them will be around 1,000 (higher one guaranteed over 1k) and when I evolve it into Victreebell, will be around 1500.
    As Zerforax said, would you ever use it? I suppose it's useful to have a lot of over 1k for gym clearing but there's probably better pokemon out there for that.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The one with 80% IVs.

You can probably get that 50cp with 2/3 power ups, but you'll never be able to get that 9% IV back.

It also depends on the IV set up, if the 80% has 15/15/6 whereas the 71 has 10/10/12 then the 71% IV Pokemon has more all rounded stats. It's important to look at the IVs themselves as well as the overall %.

ReputationRep:
    Are you getting another 100 Bellsprout candies any time soon?

ReputationRep:
    Are you getting another 100 Bellsprout candies any time soon?
    Yes and no.
    As in I think I could get them within a couple of weeks going by the rate I'm finding them but my course starts again soon so, that will eat up a portion of my time too.
    That and it's been raining all day in Bristol too...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Buddy system update finally released!

Hatched a 10km egg and got a Snorlax CP1805 before powering up. It's got zen headbutt and hyper beam which I think are the best moves.

Unfortunately its IVs are amazing (but decent). Seems to be 69-76%. I'll still power it up since any Snorlax is better than no Snorlax and the chances of hatching another one with same moves + better IVs is low..

Seems to be either 9/12/13 or 10/10/13 or 11/8/13 in terms of IVs.

Powered it up to CP 2089 so it's now actually my highest CP pokemon

ReputationRep:
    Yay! I'm happy about the update.

It's cute seeing the models beside the trainer. My Haunter was floating behind me so scarily! But I'm going to buddy with my 420BlazeIt Charmander. He has really good stats, and I want Charizard!

ReputationRep:
    Which pokemon has everyone chosen guys?

I've chosen dratini. Only ever caught 2 (with the highest being a pitiful 197CP...), unfortunately is a 5k walk for 1 candy..
    Am very tempted to use my Magikarp as my buddy instead, need that Gyarados...

ReputationRep:
    I've gone pikachu at the moment as I'm struggling for candies to evolve it. That's probably what I'll use the system for is finding pokemon who I've not seen many of just to complete the pokedex. Once I've finished the pokedex, then I'll worry about powering stuff up (as I seem to have an abundance of those pokemon [dratini, magikarp, etc.]

ReputationRep:
    Which pokemon has everyone chosen guys?

I've chosen dratini. Only ever caught 2 (with the highest being a pitiful 197CP...), unfortunately is a 5k walk for 1 candy..
    Am very tempted to use my Magikarp as my buddy instead, need that Gyarados...
    I've started with my Lapras as I need 2 more candies to power it up. Yea 5km is a killer.. previously people thought it was going to be 1/2/3km but 1/3/5km is a big increase..

(Original post by Donkey******)
    I've gone pikachu at the moment as I'm struggling for candies to evolve it. That's probably what I'll use the system for is finding pokemon who I've not seen many of just to complete the pokedex. Once I've finished the pokedex, then I'll worry about powering stuff up (as I seem to have an abundance of those pokemon [dratini, magikarp, etc.]
    Hmm I think I'm going for the opposite approach and will look to assemble a strong team so will either focus on my current 2k Lapras and Snorlax or I'll start thinking about getting a Vaporeon/Gyarados/Exeggutor/Arcanine/Machamp?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I think I'm going for the opposite approach and will look to assemble a strong team so will either focus on my current 2k Lapras and Snorlax or I'll start thinking about getting a Vaporeon/Gyarados/Exeggutor/Arcanine/Machamp?
    I seem to have a good amount of all those (have 3 2k+ gyarados already, one apparently has 100IV, and one 98 according to calculators, don't know if I trust those) so it's more a case of what else do I need, have pretty useful eeveelutions for gym clearing as well, so not sure how to use it most effectively.

ReputationRep:
    I seem to have a good amount of all those (have 3 2k+ gyarados already, one apparently has 100IV, and one 98 according to calculators, don't know if I trust those) so it's more a case of what else do I need, have pretty useful eeveelutions for gym clearing as well, so not sure how to use it most effectively.
    Damn you lucky sod.. I'm still struggling at 276 magikarp candies! Not even evolved one yet.

If you are sorted for gyms then filling pokedex is probably the way to go? I might put a poliwag on since pretty close to evolving to a Poliwrath.

So I've hatched an Eevee with 15/14/15 IV stats
    I think I'll evolve this into a Vaporeon and hope that I get the right moves - perfect would be Hydropump but I don't think Aquatail would be the end of the world. Will power this up when I get more Eevee candy too..

ReputationRep:
    Damn you lucky sod.. I'm still struggling at 276 magikarp candies! Not even evolved one yet.

If you are sorted for gyms then filling pokedex is probably the way to go? I might put a poliwag on since pretty close to evolving to a Poliwrath.

So I've hatched an Eevee with 15/14/15 IV stats
    I think I'll evolve this into a Vaporeon and hope that I get the right moves - perfect would be Hydropump but I don't think Aquatail would be the end of the world. Will power this up when I get more Eevee candy too..
    I caught a 1600 CP vaporeon, so my other two eevees have gone for sparky and pyro, but none are particularly great :/

Need to find a reliable eevee source.

ReputationRep:
    I caught a 1600 CP vaporeon, so my other two eevees have gone for sparky and pyro, but none are particularly great :/

Need to find a reliable eevee source.
    I've got a Vaporeon which is around CP 900. Saw a wild one a week ago but it error'ed before I could try to catch.

Yea I'm hoping that if this Eevee evolves into a Vaporeon with hydropump.. if that is the case then I'll power up but like you I don't know where I'm going to find the 30-40 Eevee candy I would need to power up?

I guess I've either got to hatch another eevee for the candy or find a nest.. I think Hyde Park is a nest and a friend mentioned he sees plenty in Leeds..

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.