Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaverage)
    I think I got 0 for more than one question....

Have the answers for q5?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm sure you'll find them elsewhere in the thread, I certainly don't know them!

You'll be fine buddy, don't worry :P

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the whole of question 4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathematician99)
    What did people get for the whole of question 4?
    As above,

For Q4 the angle was pi/6, the third's circle's radius was 9 and the area was 4root3 - 11pi/6

I got everything except the radius, but my working was a bit messy : s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuairiMorrissey)
    As above,

For Q4 the angle was pi/6, the third's circle's radius was 9 and the area was 4root3 - 11pi/6

I got everything except the radius, but my working was a bit messy : s
    cheers, what was the radius and equation of the first circle? (parts a and b)

ReputationRep:
    cheers, what was the radius and equation of the first circle? (parts a and b)
    Radii were 1 and 3, but they were given? I think I put (1/tana, 1) and (3/tana, 3) but i'm not sure if that's right

ReputationRep:
    Radii were 1 and 3, but they were given? I think I put (1/tana, 1) and (3/tana, 3) but i'm not sure if that's right
    Oh thank god, I was worrying so much.

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank god, I was worrying so much.
    I don't think they would give you the mark for giving them the radius though lol. But if you meant you put down r2 as RHS of the equation, it should be fine, because r is already given

ReputationRep:
    Do you think 50% is good enough for imperial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igotohaggerston)
    Do you think 50% is good enough for imperial
    'The quartiles of MAT applicants in 2014/15 were 35-49-64.
    The quartiles of successful applicants for 2014/15 entry were 49-55-63.'

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...tics_for_maths

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries this year anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundaries this year anyone?
    90ums for A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    90ums for A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol what do you think the average mark for interview/successful will be?

ReputationRep:
    Lol what do you think the average mark for interview/successful will be?
    For Oxford:

Avg Mark 46
    Avg Mark for interviewed applicants 56
    Avg Mark for successful applicants 68

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superdjman1)
    For Oxford:

Avg Mark 46
    Avg Mark for interviewed applicants 56
    Avg Mark for successful applicants 68
    What are you basing that on?

ReputationRep:
    What are you basing that on?
    Gut feeling?
    Comparing it to last year's paper, I would say this year was marginally easier.

ReputationRep:
    What does it mean if you are at the shortlisted average in terms of your overall chance of getting an offer? How about if you're at the average of successful? Above the average? I'm struggling to see what these mean since there are many people above and below these averages who are getting offers. Could anyone give some in depth explanations?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pressurize)
    What does it mean if you are at the shortlisted average in terms of your overall chance of getting an offer? How about if you're at the average of successful? Above the average? I'm struggling to see what these mean since there are many people above and below these averages who are getting offers. Could anyone give some in depth explanations?
    An average is when all the scores are added and divided by the number of scores.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisforrest)
    An average is when all the scores are added and divided by the number of scores.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If I took the MAT without knowing what an average was in the literal sense, that would be slightly unfortunate. I mean in the context of how well you need to do in the interview/PS/other scores depending on what range you are in with your MAT score.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pressurize)
    If I took the MAT without knowing what an average was in the literal sense, that would be slightly unfortunate. I mean in the context of how well you need to do in the interview/PS/other scores depending on what range you are in with your MAT score.
    I do believe he was joking lol

If you are usually around the shortlisted average, then you are most likely going to be invited for interview. Usually it is in the range 55-67 (if I remember correctly - all these boundaries are on the oxford page). Most successful applicants have around 70, usually 65+ and in some years 60+. The main focus is being invited to interview tbh, and then focusing on doing well in the interview to persuade them to give you an offer.

ReputationRep:
    If I got the data wrong from questions but the idea was right, can I get some marks?
    very anxious...

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 30, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.