Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    I loved this episode!
    Very different from the norm and perfectly paced, seemed like they were back with the sort of classics in series 1 and the odd brilliants dotted around the other series. Donna is fantastic. I'm almost liking the idea of Doctor/Donna as well which scares me a bit since I have been very anti Doctor romance since Rose.

ReputationRep:
    i hated catherine tate at the beginning,
    but i'm finally starting to warm to her!
    what is the series connector this time?
    you know, in series 1 "bad wolf" cropped up everywhere
    in number 2 "torchwood" was mentioned in most episodes
    last season "mr saxon" was everywhere,
    anyone found anything for this one?
    i heard it was "bees" but i haven't seen much evidence of that

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or are the aliens getting a bit more far fetched, like giant wasps, come on find something a tad bit more scary.

And I think Steven Moffat seems to like writing programs in the dark.

ReputationRep:
    I loved this episode- much better than the last one. I guessed it was the vicar all along though! I loved all the references to Cluedo and Miss Marple etc. When Donna said the thing about Charles Dickens and ghosts on Christmas Eve, the whole TV room was pissing themsleves.

Can't wait for the next one; it looks really good, but more subtle scary rather than in your face monsters. If it's written by the same person that wrote The Lost Child/The Doctor Dances and Blink, woo hoo, those are my favourite episodes!

Is Martha making any more appearances do we reckon? When do you think Rose will turn up?

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed this weeks episode, when the Doctor got poisoned and was like 'Something is inhibiting my enzymes.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlaiseyLew)
    Medusa cascade, disappearance of the bees, disappearance of planets, probably some others I missed.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, Blink is the best episode of doctor who ever!!!
    The week was hilarious, how the doctor was like "it was you" to everyone, and the cluedo themed stuff haha. Donna is getting better aswell now I reckon!

ReputationRep:
    Rose, too.

I enjoyed this week's episode, I thought it was well written et cleverly done. A good ol' mystery story!! And I really like the actress who plays Agatha Christie, i've seen her in another film with David Tennant and I remember her being really good in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchGal)
    Rose, too.

I enjoyed this week's episode, I thought it was well written et cleverly done. A good ol' mystery story!! And I really like the actress who plays Agatha Christie, i've seen her in another film with David Tennant and I remember her being really good in it.
    That would be Bright Young Things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchGal)
    Rose, too.

In Dr who confidential David Tennant said he recommended her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelnicholson88)
    That would be Bright Young Things.
    Indeed. David had a moustache in it, eek!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    Is it just me or are the aliens getting a bit more far fetched, like giant wasps, come on find something a tad bit more scary.

And I think Steven Moffat seems to like writing programs in the dark.
    Giant wasps fit in with the show episode though, Agatha cristy had wrote about wasps in her books, hence why the doctor pulled out Death in the Clouds, http://farm1.static.flickr.com/166/3...6f9005.jpg?v=0 though ive not read it, from reading about it has a fair bit about wasps in it.

They where saying something about that on confidential, thats where i got it from.

ReputationRep:
    oh dear, david + moustache = not good,
    next ep looks good but i want rose back!
    also allow eurovision, england never wins, PUT ON DR WHO!

ReputationRep:
    Watched it on iPlayer earlier, and thought it was a fantastic episode. I loved the references to the Charles Dickens episode (though I don't really remember it), and as a biologist I loved the "something's inhibiting my enzymes" bit, and the whole thing with reversing it. The finger pointing near the end was great, and I loved how they managed to tie everything together in the end, as they always do. Oh, and not to mention the Cluedo references, haha. Makes me wanna play cluedo again now.

ReputationRep:
    next week looks good though, more ethnics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlaiseyLew)
    i hated catherine tate at the beginning,
    but i'm finally starting to warm to her!
    you know, in series 1 "bad wolf" cropped up everywhere
    in number 2 "torchwood" was mentioned in most episodes
    last season "mr saxon" was everywhere,
    anyone found anything for this one?
    i heard it was "bees" but i haven't seen much evidence of that
    There have been quite a few mentions of the disappearance (I think) of the bees so far. Like this week didn't Donna say something like - so they had bees in the 1920s then? (v bad quoting there, my brain is full of Shakespeare quotes atm!)

On another note, anyone watch/watched the old episodes (ie from the 1960s-)? I've just started. I'm totally hooked. The early ones are especially great - there's some marvellously hammy acting. I watched one called The War Games (Second Doctor) the other day, where there's a German WWI commander who is bald, has a long scar over his eye and a monacle! And he uses the monacle as a mind control device. I spose all that stuff wasn't a cliche back then, but I just couldn't stop giggling.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question: was just wondering if anyone had any pics of Georgina Moffet from DWC on Sat/Sun - I mean pics of her in real life because I want her hair!! Any help would be appreciated, had a look on the web but no luck Help, please?!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clockworkapples)
    There have been quite a few mentions of the disappearance (I think) of the bees so far. Like this week didn't Donna say something like - so they had bees in the 1920s then? (v bad quoting there, my brain is full of Shakespeare quotes atm!)

On another note, anyone watch/watched the old episodes (ie from the 1960s-)? I've just started. I'm totally hooked. The early ones are especially great - there's some marvellously hammy acting. I watched one called The War Games (Second Doctor) the other day, where there's a German WWI commander who is bald, has a long scar over his eye and a monacle! And he uses the monacle as a mind control device. I spose all that stuff wasn't a cliche back then, but I just couldn't stop giggling.
    I can't say I've had enough time to completely pursue the old series, but go watch City of Death!

ReputationRep:
    Well, Catherine Tate well and truely muller rice'd the last episode...

It's becoming unbearable. Are the BBC trying to kill it?

:teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Well, Catherine Tate well and truely muller rice'd the last episode...

It's becoming unbearable. Are the BBC trying to kill it?

:teeth:
    You think? I think she is just getting better and better with each episode. I am loving not having a romantic side to things.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.