University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread Watch

WishyyWoshh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hellsbellshelen)
I think I really messed up on the calculations, I'm awful at maths but I did it a silly way when looking at how much i'll have on my first term.

Basically on the 24th September I'll get my grant payment of £1129.00 and the loan payment of £1274.46
so 1129.00 + 1274.46 = 2403.46
I have16 weeks until my next installment comes into my bank, all 16 weeks need rent paying for (apparently we pay rent over Christmas break? )
124.95 x 16 = 1,999.20

so 2403.46 (grant and loan) - 1999.20 = 404.26

404.26 - 16 = £25.26

I've probably really embarrassed myself with that wrong formula but yeah, I'm very worried. Specially baring in mind that this is my cheapest accommodation, Vine Court single is something over £130 and Crown Place double is something in between :eek:
Ok so I think this situation may not actually be as bad as we thought! (I may be wrong)
On the Liverpool uni payment page, it says the rent is split into three equal amounts.
So rather than paying for 16 weeks, you'll instead be paying for 13 weeks.
E.g. my rent is about 5,000. So, that split into 3 would be about £1,700, rather than £2080, which would be 16 weeks of rent.

I hope I make sense!
poppy_v
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jb_)
Found this for Dale Hall https://www.facebook.com/groups/373106391799/

And the accommodation contract starts on the 20th so you can move in from then
thank you very much !
poppy_v
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in Dale Hall, we're only there for 15 weeks; spoke to them over the phone and they actually don't have a clue where we're gonna be put after that!
I'm looking at private accommodation, its so stressful!
I applied for crown place single, double and vine court single and didn't get any of my choices! Complete the opposite of what I want, need to pay out for a bus pass but don't know how long i'll need one for and AHHHHH
what? how come i've not heard any of this when they told me on the phone that that was where i had been put?
Believable_Jeff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anybody else's accommodation application details/confirmation/payment/stuff just completely disappeared from the online account thing after you accepted the room offer? :unsure:

so I've gone from having a room in a place I really didn't want to be to potentially having no room at all. great.
hellsbellshelen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jb_)
What private accommodation sites you looking at?

Forgot about the bus pass :unimpressed: Not ideal

Yerah, over £200 for a year.. fummeeee
maryamzahid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
finally paid the booking fee. its all done phew!
hellsbellshelen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by poppy_v)
what? how come i've not heard any of this when they told me on the phone that that was where i had been put?
She looked me up on the computer and told me that, then I looked at the tenancy agreement and it says my contract is until December... Personally I think private is a better option, I could stick with Dale Hall but I really don't like the idea of not knowing where I'll be put after the 15 weeks
hellsbellshelen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Believable_Jeff)
Has anybody else's accommodation application details/confirmation/payment/stuff just completely disappeared from the online account thing after you accepted the room offer? :unsure:

so I've gone from having a room in a place I really didn't want to be to potentially having no room at all. great.
What place did you get allocated to?
poppy_v
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
She looked me up on the computer and told me that, then I looked at the tenancy agreement and it says my contract is until December... Personally I think private is a better option, I could stick with Dale Hall but I really don't like the idea of not knowing where I'll be put after the 15 weeks
do you know why the contract is only temporary?
hellsbellshelen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by poppy_v)
do you know why the contract is only temporary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because they have no where to put us, whilst we're there they will sort out something, I asked if that accommodation will be like my initial choices (en suite, self catered, close to campus) and she just said that those things have been oversubscribed
ellis_w
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What a nightmare accommodation has been, anyone else get offered Salisbury hall at Carnatic? Didn't get any of my choices and not sure what steps to take next

Posted from TSR Mobile
soph1614
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ellis_w)
What a nightmare accommodation has been, anyone else get offered Salisbury hall at Carnatic? Didn't get any of my choices and not sure what steps to take next

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, i was in the same situation and didn't receive any of my choices. In fact, it was the opposite of what i wanted :/ so i looked at private student halls. You can look to request with first years, and some are pretty cheap. I thought it was a good option good luck with it, see you in September
hellsbellshelen
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What halls are you looking at privately? Not had much luck, because LJMU do their accommodation all privately it seems to be around their campuses... Ideally I want something as close to campus as possible might call round a few and ask for the numbers of first years in a flat that I can be allocated to if that makes sense, really worried about being stuck with postgrads.
maryamzahid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What halls are you looking at privately? Not had much luck, because LJMU do their accommodation all privately it seems to be around their campuses... Ideally I want something as close to campus as possible might call round a few and ask for the numbers of first years in a flat that I can be allocated to if that makes sense, really worried about being stuck with postgrads.
look at liberty prospect point and st Andrews garden
MissB26
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has no one got into vine court?
ellis_w
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MissB26)
Has no one got into vine court?
I was thinking this, no one has mentioned anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Miss_Kudzie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got crown place double!!!!

Has anyone actually recieved the welcome pack in the post yet? People keep talking about it on FB :-/
ellis_w
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Miss_Kudzie)

Has anyone actually recieved the welcome pack in the post yet? People keep talking about it on FB :-/
Yeah they gave me 2 of the same welcome packs somehow haha! It should arrive soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
ellis_w
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ellis_w)
Yeah they gave me 2 of the same welcome packs somehow haha! It should arrive soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also crown place double was my first choice and they've given me a place in the student village it's the same price and it's not very nice but hey ho it's only for the 1 year

Posted from TSR Mobile
MissB26
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Miss_Kudzie)

Same here

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Sat, 21 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
38.82%
No - but I will (46)
6.76%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.5%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (319)
46.91%

Watched Threads