Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    Ucas received my application on the 18th and got my offer yesterday at around 5pm
    oh wow!1 they must have really liked you then! i sent mine on the 11th and nothing!! haha :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rheannan)
    oh wow!1 they must have really liked you then! i sent mine on the 11th and nothing!! haha :-)
    Hmm. How weird

What's your other options and grades like may I ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On the topic of greed and investment banking, I stumbled across this article which I found particularly interesting. http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...cs-breed-greed. If I'm honest, I'd probably answer in the same way most of the Economics students did.

By the way, are we going to set up an Economics Applicants 2014 Stalking Page or an Economics Offers 2014 page as the applicants for other subjects have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epic Flawless)
    On the topic of greed and investment banking, I stumbled across this article which I found particularly interesting. http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...cs-breed-greed. If I'm honest, I'd probably answer in the same way most of the Economics students did.

By the way, are we going to set up an Economics Applicants 2014 Stalking Page or an Economics Offers 2014 page as the applicants for other subjects have?
    I would.... if I knew how to

ReputationRep:

Interesting article. I'm the same as Mike_123 in that I'd set up the applicants or offers pages if I knew how to!

ReputationRep:

That article is so depressing. That's a good idea, I quite like the Medicine one http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...age_2013_Entry
    I have no idea how to make one though

ReputationRep:
    Last year had an Economics offer page so if you can make one, please do.

ReputationRep:
    someones made one, just needs more followers really = http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2499381

ReputationRep:
    Here you go guys http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...cs_Offers_2014

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have a question about my application for an economics degree, I hope I am not asking in the wrong place!
    My problem is, I am in the middle of writing my PS, but economics is a new subject for me. My main reason for choosing this degree is because I was told that economics could help me a lot for the job I want to do later (translator). I am interested in the subject, I know that it will be a great thing to study, but I'm a little afraid that stating in my PS that I want the degree for the job is a mistake.
    Do you think it could be bad for my application? I am not applying for very competitive universities.

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Is there much difference between Oxford for Economics and Management and Bristol for Economics in terms of job prospects? Because Bristol is my favourite place and I feel I may enjoy living there more than Oxford and have a better overall uni experience! if the job prospects are similar I'd choose Bristol I think!
    My other choices are Warwick, Durham and Nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LFR)
    Is there much difference between Oxford for Economics and Management and Bristol for Economics in terms of job prospects? Because Bristol is my favourite place and I feel I may enjoy living there more than Oxford and have a better overall uni experience! if the job prospects are similar I'd choose Bristol I think!
    My other choices are Warwick, Durham and Nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All have good job prospects, but Oxford will likely have the best prospects simply due to the prestige that comes with it...

ReputationRep:
    Ok, as the Offers page has been set up, I've set up the Economics Applicants page too. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._Stalking_Page

I've bitten the bullet and put myself down but if you want me to put you down, just quote me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkizer)
    Hmm. How weird

What's your other options and grades like may I ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    other options:

East Anglia (UEA) - ABB - have an offer
    Reading - ABB
    Loughborough- AAB
    Lancaster- AAB
    Business Economics at Keele- ABC - have an offer for this also

ReputationRep:
    Ok, as the Offers page has been set up, I've set up the Economics Applicants page too. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki..._Stalking_Page

I've bitten the bullet and put myself down but if you want me to put you down, just quote me.
    Added to it, hopefully we can get a few more people on there soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robin1125)
    Added to it, hopefully we can get a few more people on there soon!
    Added myself to it. We got 4!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aryaaaan)
    Hi guys I need some advice.
    Having done both physics and geography AQA I would recommend geography. I'm not sure what you mean by applying to engineering if you didn't get into economics? If you don't get into economics it's unlikely you'd get into engineering with the same grades, if you understand what I mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)
    Added myself to it. We got 4!
    Can my favourite Game of Thrones character kindly add me to it aswell ?

Universities: Oxford, UCL, UCL, Nottingham, Queens Mary
    GCSEs: 4A*'s 4A's 1B 1C
    AS results: AAAA -90% ums average (Maths,Economics, Physics, Chemistry)
    A2 Predictions: A*A*A* (+A in EPQ)
    Further: EPQ-Economics related,Conferences and lectures,Further reading,Work experience in Los Angeles,High level swimming+athletics, Self taught piano

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rafael_96)
    Can my favourite Game of Thrones character kindly add me to it aswell ?

Universities: Oxford, UCL, UCL, Nottingham, Queens Mary
    GCSEs: 4A*'s 4A's 1B 1C
    AS results: AAAA -90% ums average (Maths,Economics, Physics, Chemistry)
    A2 Predictions: A*A*A* (+A in EPQ)
    Further: EPQ-Economics related,Conferences and lectures,Further reading,Work experience in Los Angeles,High level swimming+athletics, Self taught piano

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've added you in. If anyone knows how to do the link to the profile, I'd appreciate i if you could do so for mine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keith111)
    Is noone else applying then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I reckon Oxford and Cambridge were definitely within your reach. But its too late to apply now. I'm hoping to get at least AAB I'm currently applying to Surrey, Leicester, Queen Mary, Keele (insurance) and maybe Kings College London. Btw have you sent you UCAs application off yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.