Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowyowl)
    And yet it's ok for male viewers to want to fertilise the Doctor's assistants...

DOUBLE STANDARDS I TELL YOU! :rant: :p:
    I don't want to fertilise her...

plus we men are designed to want many females in our prides.

ReputationRep:
    Question: was that actually the Doctor's grave there or was it a trap? Did he actually die, if so where was his body?

Also are we expecting to see River again or is that pretty much it? Kinda strange how they suddenly skipped to post-library River.

I'm kinda confused about some stuff, could do with watching it again really but all the DW episodes have magically disappeared from iPlayer. :rolleyes:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by montstar)
    Question: was that actually the Doctor's grave there or was it a trap? Did he actually die, if so where was his body?

Also are we expecting to see River again or is that pretty much it? Kinda strange how they suddenly skipped to post-library River.

I'm kinda confused about some stuff, could do with watching it again really but all the DW episodes have magically disappeared from iPlayer. :rolleyes:
    That was his grave, he did die - his body wasn't there because bodies are too normal, instead it's got the scar tissue in the space-time continuum from his life.

It's disappeared from the iPlayer because it's been 3 weeks since the finale and things only stay on the iPlayer for a couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    The guy that played sherlock holmes the series would make one amazing doctor he would be perfect !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    what about Hugh Laurie as the next Doctor?
    While in a way I would quite like this, he's also pretty famous for House and I'm not sure if I'd want someone more unknown!

His sister did teach me at Primary School though, so probably closest connection I'd get to the Doctor which would be awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    That was his grave, he did die - his body wasn't there because bodies are too normal, instead it's got the scar tissue in the space-time continuum from his life.

Ah ok that makes sense, thank you

(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    It's disappeared from the iPlayer because it's been 3 weeks since the finale and things only stay on the iPlayer for a couple of weeks.

Ohh yeh, it's because I was on holiday so watched it a week or two later. So then when I looked on iPlayer I expected it to still be there and was confused, I thought they'd taken it off to get people to buy the DVDs or something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    While in a way I would quite like this, he's also pretty famous for House and I'm not sure if I'd want someone more unknown!

His sister did teach me at Primary School though, so probably closest connection I'd get to the Doctor which would be awesome.
    true, they tend to go for quite obscure/fairly unknown people so I expect it will be that again, though if they are trying to get someone more well known this time then Hugh Laurie would be great imo!

awesome haha claim to fame!

ReputationRep:
    Brian Cox would make the best doctor. He makes me LOVE real-life physics and astronomy, what would he be like if he could talk about fiction?

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha, I've only just realised that the Brian Cox you all kept talking about was the physicist. I agree he'd be awesome.

I thought you mean the actor Brian Cox and couldn't figure out why he would be perfect at all...!

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Telegraph has revealed the probable next doctor.

ReputationRep:
    It won't be him. For his age he isn't attractive enough to lead a prime time drama aimed at teens and families.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    It won't be him. For his age he isn't attractive enough to lead a prime time drama aimed at teens and families.
    I wonder. Here's the story.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...octor-Who.html

It's difficult to believe the Torygraph would have broken this without solid backing, but then again, perhaps the Doctor Who team are engaging in some deliberate media disinformation, just to keep the story bubbling.

ReputationRep:
    David tennant was cool

ReputationRep:
    not attractive enough ? tf why does the doctor have to be 'attractive'. Are you ladies looking to bend over and let him fertilize you?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If they want to keep it for kiddies then i agree but if there going a bit darker then he could be good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scapepower)
    not attractive enough ? tf why does the doctor have to be 'attractive'. Are you ladies looking to bend over and let him fertilize you?
    Because sex sells. Half of the reason many "fans" watch DW these days is because the Doctors and their assistants are hot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    I wonder. Here's the story.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...octor-Who.html

It's difficult to believe the Torygraph would have broken this without solid backing, but then again, perhaps the Doctor Who team are engaging in some deliberate media disinformation, just to keep the story bubbling.
    I'd feel reluctant for the role to go to someone who has never watched DW. I feel like they would fail to understand (and therefore capture) the essence of it.

Also on the credibility of the story, I thought they always auditioned rather than straight out offering someone the role.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rascacielos)
    Because sex sells. Half of the reason many "fans" watch DW these days is because the Doctors and their assistants are hot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I watch it because i like the story lines , the mystery and other-worldy experience...

I honestly prefer the doctor to clara oswald or any assistant lol.

I can think of many 'hotter' tennis players. No doctor so far is better looking than nadal or ferrerr , in my view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scapepower)
    Because that is how television works :facepalm2: Karen Gillan and JLC were primarily brought in because the dads and lads enjoyed looking at them.

ReputationRep:
    What about lee nelson as the new doctor?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.